Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

This one time I talked to a saleschick who was trying to sell routers just because she was good looking. I didn't need or want a router. Welp that's my costco story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Coredump posted:

Yeah but I did a quick look see online and I see cooking times between 7 to 15 minutes for cooking from frozen. That's a big spread to me for times.

I know these instant pots are meant to be voodoo but jesus I wouldnt think 15 minutes from frozen would be correct at all. Temp check your chicken so you dont die (or get the hershey squirts)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I went to Costco yesterday because I knew it would be pretty empty and it was...except all those guys getting last minute flowers. I chuckled because I ordered mine weeks ago at church.com and got more for less :smug:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Renegret posted:

I prefer the Shepard's pie but the pot pie is fine.

Ive never seen this but would buy it in a heartbeat.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ALERT! I am guessing its due to the timing, what with it being close to St. Patricks day, I managed to snag a Shepard's pie in Texas. It is HUGE and I have a belly full of delicious pie for pi day.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

A Yahoo article? No thanks. Just saw them sell out to Verizon and drastically increase their data sharing of their already garbage line of technology.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

The Midniter posted:

This weekend we bought a rocker/power recliner chair from Costco for $350. Not only is it comfortable as all hell, it's WAY cheaper than the smaller, less comfortable glider chairs they sell at places like Buy Buy Baby and will be perfect for us to rock our soon-to-be little one in when he comes.

PBUC!!

I bought one of those lovely gliders from Buy Buy Baby for $280. It was awful. I threw the box away and cried when I saw the one in Costco. I got my furniture dolley out and loaded the one I had into the SUV and wheeled the Buy Buy Baby one into the store and got a refund minus all the shipping fees. Headed right to Costco and replaced. It feels like everything is right in the world (and oddly surprised BBB took it back, so thumbs up to them too)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Forgive me friends for I have sinned. They had a big ole display today about "Get your Costco Membership on your PHONE!!!" and the guy was super energetic and told me about it as I was walking by. I told him that was just super and went about my way. He stopped me, which was just enough to get me out of my blind consumerism bliss. He asked if I had already done it. I looked this man in the eye and told him I didn't need more crap on my phone. His reaction was as if I just murdered his dog, I felt awful but I *had* to get my bulk items asap. Well that's my Costco story for you when they are closed on a Sunday night. Hope it was riveting!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Argyle posted:

The decision-makers at Costco correctly realized that there is a growing number of people out there who are looking for vegan al pastor salads. But those people are NOT in line at the Costco food court.

My wife actually asked if we could stop at the food court when they had it. Now that they stopped carrying it she doesn't.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

We dont have Bitchin Sauce in Austin but we do have it in the Whole Foods across the street. Time to summon the clergy to rectify!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

re: Self Checkout Food Court Kiosks...saw they put them in at my store from the checkout line with my stuff. Was going to get a dog and decided to skip it because there were dozens of people swarming them scratching their heads. It was chaos and as much as I wanted that free refill I didn't want to get caught up in it.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

Anyone have home insurance through Costco, Ameriprise Insurance? Considering going with them and like to hear goon opinions.

They denied me home insurance because I had made a claim on my renters insurance in the past when someone CUT a chain link fence AND the bike lock to steal my bike. "Too high risk" from that one apartment that I rented 2,000 miles away years ago. Seems legit.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Chris is connected to the production server when he should be connected to the test server. Good job Chris.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

david_a posted:

I, too, eat half a pound of soft cheese in a single sitting

So a slice of Costco pizza at the food court?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Renegret posted:

If I catch Coronavirus I'm going to go to Costco and strategically cough on people who block walkways while waiting in line for free samples.

You joke (maybe?) but my visit to Costco on Saturday had people open mouth coughing and sneezing without covering their face holes and people would rush to get the gently caress away from them

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I returned a lawn mower after I bought it a month before because the deck didnt raise high enough to clear my somewhat rocky landscape - was only like 3 inch clearance. I didn't feel bad until the guy came to pick it up and had it listed as going to be destroyed. The mower I got to replace it had 4 inch clearance. They destroyed a lawn mower for 1 inch of clearance on the mower deck. I could've rigged something to get an extra 1 inch if I knew it was going to the dump....

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Forgive me father for I have sinned - it has been 3 weeks since my last confession.

I ordered from costco.com tonight rather than going to the store. Most everything on my list was out of stock. It completely forgot what was in my cart and I had to restart the whole order when I was nearly done and then when I put everything back in and went to pay I realized I couldn't use my executive membership cash back certificate. I think i'll go to the store next time...

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

RJWaters2 posted:

It's clean just keep a hand towel where your tp roll used to be

The grossest of posts

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Costco ended up doing a return on that stuff if the person complained enough. Costco will bend over backwards for you to make sure you won't cancel your membership.

Yeah but I think this is the first issue where GLOBALLY everyone agrees..."gently caress these people"

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ive been vegetarian since this all started minus a frozen pack of costco hamburgers and costco hotdogs. I don't really understand the panic shopping for meat? Then again I didn't understand the panic shopping for TP either so you guys do you.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Costco.com is treated the same if you don’t want to go in store.

Not for the exec membership reward cert? There is no option to put it in for online purchases

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Isn't your membership number tied to your account already?

Yep but its not a payment option and the back of the paper check explicitly states it cant be used for online purchases at Costco.com

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Orvin posted:

Anyone have any good times on when to call the Costco.com customer service to actually get connected to an operator? I have been trying recently, and I get disconnected due to call volume.

Two weeks ago I ordered 3 boxes of diapers. One size 6 and two size 3. The size 6 came after a couple of days, but the size 3s never showed up. The Costco website shows the size 3s with the same UPS number as the size 6 box. But if I track the UPS number, UPS shows two other related tracking numbers that are “ready for UPS”. I am guessing some sort of back end mess up, and want to get this cleared up.

I waited 3.5 hrs to get someone on chat when glass jarred sauces I ordered shattered in transit turning the box to soup with other contents missing from the giant hole in the box. Good luck getting someone on the phone.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Meydey posted:

I'm so close to replying...
Anyways, I can say that even in this environment, there are multiple openings in Costco Ecom support and QA. Both management and analyst.

How about website redesign/backend?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Heffer posted:

How's using instacart for Costco grocery delivery? Is there a big markup?

My brother did that and wouldnt stop bitching and moaning about the markup. They apparently gave him the actual receipt totaling around $360 from costco and was charged $500 through instacart. Seems like a pretty heavy markup but I guess you should already see the prices when adding to your cart so not sure why he didnt realize this before. I mean how much does a banana cost? $10?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh shi oh sh-

Ate it with the rotisserie chicken. Complements it well especially when you get to the drier part

Ugh those brats are reminding me of wonderful memories. I wish I had some *right now*

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

No idea...I just dont have any!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I needed toilet paper but they were sold out in the warehouse last week...this would be my first time buying since December so I thought I was over the whole to craze but alas. Saw it on costco.com that night so I ordered plus a few other items to get to the free shipping price. An hour later they cancelled just the toilet paper saying it wasn't in stock. Spent an hour and a half on hold to cancel the rest of the order because I really only wanted the tp. Was cancelled and received confirmation and while it was a pain to wait on hold customer service was great as usual.

Today, one week later, I received a shipping notice and 30 minutes after that I received an email saying that my order has shipped and they apologize for the cancellation email that was sent for the entire order in error and that just the toilet paper was cancelled.

I'm shaken with my church beliefs.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ask for steak fries, just order the pocket strips and put a comment. They cut them into french fries of glorious beef for you

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Chinatown posted:

At my neighborhood 7-Eleven.

Id get the one on the bottom - that top one is bursting at the seams (and probably spoiled)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone feed their dog the Kirkland dog foods? My new pup seems to have an issue with grains and the Kirkland foods are grain free but before I buy a huge bag I want to see how other folks like the food.

My dog has been on the kirkland turkey and pea kibble for years and recently switched to the organic chicken and pea kibble. He eats it fast so its gotta be good and the only reason I switched was due to a shortage back in march when he ran out.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Making homemade croissant dough is easy and rewarding, it freezes reasonably well and you can make plain croissant or pain au chocolat.

Its funny you mention this as I just saw pain au chocolat 16 individually wrapped near the bread isle and immediately scooped up a package. I haven't had one since my trip to Switzerland and it was magnificent albeit not on the same level as the fresh cafe ones.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I've never heard that

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Tried to buy from costco online for the first time today, spent two hours today on customer service trying to check out. Had some shelves in my cart that threw an error whenever I tried to check out, and also couldn't be removed from the cart

Turned out I bought my membership in the middle of them upping the price by $50, which generated a new inventory sku which was still linked to the previous one, so the shelves both existed and didn't exist. And the tech people also said their records said had been at the new price for months (despite google cache showing it at that price yesterday), and wouldn't honor the price I was trying to check out with before their system broke.

is all the costco online poo poo that poorly run? Because I feel really screwed over, and if most of the membership benefit is in the physical box locations I'll just see if I can refund/cancel it.

New thread title: Everything Costco online sucks.

Its really bad and its even worse that their wait times to get to customer service (phone only, no email, no chat) is consistently 60 minutes+. When people were panic shopping in March/April their site would decide if it wanted to work at all. For being such a nice experience in their physical locations its obvious they have a skeleton crew of dumb dumbs in charge of their online presence.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Meydey posted:

As someone who worked on the support side of Ecommerce at Costco...no comment
I will say they are moving in the right direction.

I can understand the desire to not commit career suicide but I doubt anyone is going to track you down on somethingawful.com. :justpost: and go hog wild!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bought those cans of cold brew....bit more than I wanted to spend per can but they will be great for mornings when I dont want to brew a pot.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Also don't buy the Kirkland Signature jeans. They are precut to dad bod.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Too Costco? Don't be. Just hit them up at you local time off hours. Before people get off work and not days most people have off

Alternatively I took off work on a Thursday to go in the late morning and there was no parking and the place was incredibly packed with people unable to stay 6 ft away. I will not be going back.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

Costco programmed that poo poo into their registers. The cashiers don't even have to worry about enforcing it because the registers won't let them ring up more than one. It's supposed to be a limit of one per membership per day, but the machine only recognizes the limit on a per transaction basis. So technically you could buy the stuff that has a limit, load it up in your car, then go back in and get more.

That was probably put in because of their instacart partnership. The runners use their own (or instacart company?) credit cards/memberships to buy poo poo for people. My brother bitched about this incessantly because he could see from the receipt they paid less than what they charged him.

Pro move would be to have a second person with you, and split the order saying half was for them and get around the 1 per person limit.

edit: BUT WHY THE gently caress YOU WOULD NEED 60 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

When I went they had poo poo loads of TP (heh) but no paper towels. I went there for paper towels because we finally ran out after 18 months from the last pack. What did I do? I got TP because if they are running out of something they will be running out of something else next week. gently caress. Im the problem.