Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GET A ROOM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a dream, that one day men will be judged not by the size of their hot dog, but the contents in it's casing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went to costco yesterday and started scoping out the dog line from the back of the line for a til. carefully measuring and calculating the time needed to get through, but from the time i got in the checkout line to the time i got through the checkout line, it never moved. There was only 1 guy working in there, and i guess the guy at the front ordered something complicated or some poo poo, because the line wasn't going anywhere.

I ended up leaving without 1/4 pound of all beef in my belly, so when i got home i dug into the 2lb bag of broccoli i got there. Biggest mistake of my life. All night i was releasing the most vile toxic gas, if i had a cat, it surely would have been killed by it.

Hopefully others can learn from my mistake, no matter how long the line, don't leave without your $1.50 dog. It's not worth it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Does the Costco Card give me 2% on dogs because its Costco, or 3% because its dining?

The food courts in canada are cash only, so if you buy 2000 dogs there a year, you're losing out on the entire extra cost of your executive membership.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Where you getting 93 octane? It's only 91 around here.

Higher altitudes means less air, meaning a lower octane level is needed. you'll usually find 93 in areas closer to sea level.

Except California because California sucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

How the gently caress is it 100% beef, but then it has pork?

The pigs the pork comes from ate nothing but cows.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

naem posted:

Is there such thing as bad maple syrup??

There are grades of maple syrup based on darkness. The darker the syrup, the stronger the flavor. costco's syrup is grade A dark which is pretty good. grade A golden is junk, grade A very dark is too much for some folks and usually only used for baking.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

giving someone toilet paper is a marriage proposal in some cultures

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Yeah but what am I supposed to eat if the power is out for more than one day?

Family members and pets, in that order.

These meals are generally designed so you just add boiling water and wait for 10 minutes.

You can boil water with fire, which doesn't require electricity.

These meals generally make it hard to poop as well, which means you don't have to worry about toilet flushing with no running water.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

seems like kind of a cop out to not make it from crocodile milk, or at the very least, crocodile fed cows.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

The Costco dog and soda (WITH REFILL) is about to become the new “they can’t be that poor, they got a TV, cell phone and air conditioning!”

That $700 tax cut* the middle class will be getting under the trump plan is enough for a 1/4 pound hot dog and soda with refills every single day of the year, with $150 left over to renovate your kitchen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tremors posted:

I made a troubling discovery today when I learned my church no longer carries lactose free milk.

lactose free milk isn't actually lactose free. It's just milk with the lactase enzyme added because your stupid body doesn't produce it(or possibly your intestinal microbiome doesn't produce it). You can get the same thing by buying any lactase pill like lactaid and taking one every time you drink regular milk or eat regular cheese and not have to limit yourself to stuff labeled lactose free.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Fast-Acting-Lactase%2C-180-Caplets.product.100016086.html

Just watch because some brands are only 3000u of lactase per pill where some are 9000u.

Grab the 9000u, slam a couple back while waiting in line and smash a piece or two of pizza on the way out, you might not even poo poo yourself on the way home.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 17, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's like some people have never had a cracker before, they have to push you out of the way to stand in the middle of the aisle entrance to taste one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

What's the Polish sausage like?

It's 3 dollars to do a side-by-side comparison, and that includes 2 drinks with free refills.

Step ya game up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chinatown posted:

roadtrippin from San Diego to San Fran tomorrow.

First move? Google up a Costco Gas in the area where I think I will need to fill up.

Not a SINGLE stop between the San Fernando Valley and Tracy (where you turn left to the bay)

OK I get it. No populations that can sustain a Costco.

But check this. What about a Food Court PLUS Gas Station combo. Right in the middle of the stretch. :thunk:

It's a sign, you must stop and get gas.

And maybe fill your car up with fuel.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I used to use my costco code at budget rental so often i still have the coupon code memorized(A017600, they never asked for my costco card either) until i put 10k on a rental car in 8 days and they stopped letting them out of the province :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Even though Costco has the big hose, I always feel undignified wrapping it around the back of my car so I always pick the pump on the same side as the fuel tank.

My filler is right in the middle, but it's also only like a foot off the ground so i never have to stretch the hose, but still feel undignified :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I saw someone return 8 potted pinetrees. Looked like they never got around to planting them and they died

I hope they lost their membership

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They should have some carts at the back of the store so when you go in for 3 things but then your arms are full halfway through you can abort your cartless run.

Also, paint a line down the middle of every aisle, and maybe people will subconsciously treat it like a 2 lane road instead of going 3 wide in the same loving direction and then stopping to chat creating a road block.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FCKGW posted:

One says ham and one says leg. Leg of what? Who knows!

If it's long pig, it's worth the price.

Kind of surprising Costco would be the first to market long pig, but the timing really makes sense.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Olanphonia posted:

(One) of my local Costcos upped the game on the jamon iberico

Please enjoy the secondary, serendipitous shot of the guy buying over 800 bottles of water. Probably because Amazon is coming to our area??

not to be judgemental or nothin, but what kind of frigid hellhole do you live in where your costco doesn't have skylights?

looks like a loving prison.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bummey posted:

Skylights? No costco I've ever been to has skylights.

I'm well north of the 50th and on nice days they turn the lights off, having the store lit entirely by skylights.

There isn't enough man made light to match ti.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I didn't mean to open up these wounds, i didn't know there were so many members being so deprived of natural light in their journey through the Costco. All the Costcos around here have skylights, and i see now i have taken them for granted.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Brian Shaw is awesome, and is truly a mammoth human being. The only bad part of his videos is it's hard to tell from this perspective just how enormous he is. I mean, there are pictures of him next to Arnold where he absolutely DWARFS the guy.

As a man of similar size, we're the normal ones, we find it funny how small all you little people are :colbert:

I can't eat anywhere close to as much as that dude does though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

raton posted:

What the poo poo is a bagel bite

Miniature bagel shaped, pizza flavored laxatives.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

ive been on a diet but passing the holiday christmas desserts aisle iwth all the chocolate truffles, danish butter cookies, belgian chocolate almond caramels, and everything was like loving torture and i was just staring drooling all over the place mouth agape. i could especially go for that giant tin of danish utter cookies right now god drat those own.

office is always a good idea because they are good values and everything christmas cookie/chocolates is loving addicting and fattening as hell

god speed goonsir

I've exercised so much loving self restraint not buying a pack of reko pizelles every costco trip because they're like 500 calories a piece and it's easy to eat like 30 in a sitting. Now my local grocery story has small packs of them and now i have to avoid the whole "ethnic" section.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Well did you get a router ?

He bought six, but luckily costco has amazing return policies, and the customer service ladies are nowhere near as attractive.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You mix the cheese popcorn with the caramel popcorn. It's called chicago mix.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Individually-wrapped cheese snacks existing in your fridge in quantities greater than (or equal to) 1 is just the universe’s way of telling you that you aren’t eating enough individually-wrapped cheese snacks, hth?

Solution to both problems being discussed on this page.

Eat enough individually-wrapped cheese snacks and you won't even be able to poop!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

raton posted:

They're pretty close

As a canadian, nice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fun fact!

that's 16,216 calories of nutella. . equal to 21 slices of costco cheese pizza, or around 17 hot dogs + soda, assuming you don't get a refill.

hope this helps anybody has to make that choice.

e: i should also mention that i went to costco the other day and their beef jerky was more expensive than the local grocery store, SAD!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

Stupid liquor laws in Canada I wish they could sell booze in costcos here. The Kirkland 24 packs are so great, local microbrew variety packs.

Costco sells booze in Alberta.

The liquor store part has it's own separate entrance/is it's own little room on the side of the building, and it doesn't require a membership card.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*tips cowboy hat and rests hand on revolver*

"We don't take kindly to folks what don't enjoy a chicken bake round these parts..."

We take kindly to everybody here, friend. We don't judge.

Welcome to Costco thread, i love you.

except for those heathenous Sam's Club monsters gently caress those guys

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zombie Dachshund posted:

So much love for the Normandy vegetables around here, but none for the stir fry vegetables? Those plus rice and some seared Costco scallops or salmon have been my go-to weeknight dinner more times than I can remember. Good stuff

the stir fry vegetable blend has fungus in it :barf:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Willias posted:

The gently caress? Potatoes on pizza?

...why the gently caress isn't that a thing over here in the states?

There's a chain here in canada called "Boston Pizza" that makes largely mediocre pizza and dogshit pasta but they have one pizza called the "spicy perogy pizza" that is sour cream, then thinly sliced potato that has been soaked in jalapeno, then mozza, cheddar and green onions, and it's pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EVG posted:

I did the thing. I bought the ham. Today, my friends, I am a man.

Bon Appetit recently did a thing where the one lady learns to cut them meats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olmZzsF4Xo

She's not my favorite one on the channel( <3 Gabby) but you might be able to pick up some slicing tips.