Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Brothers and sisters, I have shown my parents the good light of Costco. They couldn't believe the savings on fruit and meat alone, then we entered the frozen aisle and they were hooked. Also I got a deal on new tires while eating a $1.50 dog. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
This morning I will make the sacred journey to Costco for meats, fruit and frozen goods at excellent prices. Also the I uncured Canadian bacon is amazing. PBUC.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey what's the brand on that bacon? I'm hitting the co tomorrow to pick up some cards (Costco photo services for baby announcements y'all) and wouldn't mind grabbing some to put on, or possibly in, burgs.

Oh wait, uncured? I guess it's a fresh meat thing? If it's frozen, hmu

It's Jones brand cherrywood smoked Canadian bacon. I freeze one of the two packs in the container and it works out fine.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Also a $1.50 dog without the drink is just shameful though.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Went to the Costco to redeem my groupon and was bamboozled into upgrading to the executive membership. Still seems like an incredible value because they double the cash card to $40.

Bought epsom salt, antipasto, gel pens in bulk. Also bought some new towels and a giant pillow and will transfer my rx next time so I never see the inside of our hellscape Walmart again. Finished up with a gut bomb pizza slice straight out of the oven and an infinitely refillable soda.

Friend your executive membership will cost the same as a regular membership. They make sure you get back $60 at least, so you can always be an executive member. PBUC.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Costco avocados at my local are 6 for $7, but the regular grocery is $2 each. Bought a bag and they are also better quality than the grocery store equivalent. PBUC for the bountiful cheap produce.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Hate to stop this in the Stco thread, but order OptimumNutitiom premium whey protein powder from amazon

ON is like $58 for 6.5lb at Costco, a better deal than Amazon. PBUC.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

TheReverend posted:

I'm moving to North Metro Atlanta and I'm thinking of getting a Costco membership.

Worth it for just a goon and his wife?
( Aside from the dogs and free refills)?

My membership pays for itself on just the chicken I buy regularly (2.99/lb vs 5.99/pound) throughout the year as a single person. Also everything is either a good deal or the same price for a higher quality item.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

smoobles posted:

Does CostCo do auto repair or just tires?

Just tires sadly

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I'm an old millennial (used to be called 'gen y'), I spend a shitload of money at Costco, have an executive membership, and a Costco credit card.

Same, their produce (especially lettuce and spinach) is far better than my local grocery store. Even as a single person I make back my executive membership every year.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Croatoan posted:

Organic milk does taste better IMO but that's about it.

I like that the organic apples don't have all that wax on them.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
My mom picked up one of the tower fans for my birthday and it is really great. It moves a lot of air on high, but on low is moving good air and much quieter than the alternative fans.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Changing to an individually prepackaged onion probably just cuts down on waste of the onions going bad sitting out in the open air. It probably also makes it easier for food court employees to maintain cleanliness. The sky isnít falling, they still offer the same poo poo just in a different way. Iím going to go out on a limb and say shareholders donít give a single gently caress about food court onions.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Im not worthy

But really those normandy veg are loving excellent in a wok. Guess i need to go back to Costco.

Does anybody know what the origin of the kirkland bourbon is? Its pretty not bad for mixing

If itís labeled as bourbon itís probably Jim Beam

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
My Costco had 6 packs of 60w equivalent LED light bulbs for $4 and 4 packs of 100w for $8. They are really nice and I finally switched over the last cfl bulbs at home.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

My Costco always seems to have bad strawberries even though it's extremely busy. I seem to find a lot of packages with mold in them

Strawberries and raspberries are risky at mine for being moldy. I can get blackberries and blueberries at mine that are great pretty much all the time though. Also bell peppers can be a gamble sometimes.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I bought one, it was pretty fun for Thanksgiving with my extended family.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I had a flat that destroyed a tire last year and had no problem dropping off just the wheels to have new tires installed.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I would hope that everyone would consider a 72 pound wheel of cheese extravagant.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way when reading the ad.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I bought some bitchin sauce on the thread recommendation yesterday and holy poo poo is it tasty. Baby carrots and bitchin sauce has become my new go to snack.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Samadhi posted:

Did Costco stop carrying the Chobani Less Sugar 12 pack of yogurt (the light/tan box, not the blue box)? I was in there today and they did not have any, and my wife is heartbroken.

My local Costco has been really spotty with some items over the last 6 or so months including the yogurts, but usually it comes back in a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Anyone else see Bitchin Sauce tubs for $0.97? My Church looks like it is getting rid of the 24oz tubs at that price, but the best by date is 8/2/22 so gently caress it I bought 4 and will now be getting real fat.