Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

BIG DICK BOBBY posted:

I get enough savings on condoms to pay for the membership

By your username Can we assume Magnums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I have a tale to tell. You may want to sit down.

Went with my Dad to Costco for some stay at home dad food (I'm a teacher and off for summer) got some fruit, veggies, snacks, rotisserie chicken and 2 things I have never seen mentioned that are the truth. Costco chicken salad (is amazing ) and the whisp (?) crackers that are just baked Parmesan cheese. Crazy haul.

Now comes the hard part. My dad was hungry. As was I. He went to the food court and picked up 2 dogs, 2 drinks ( with refills) and 2 churros. I go to grab toppings, put on some mustard, squirt of catsup.... and there are no onions. Anywhere. Not even the empty container.

Your thoughts and prayers will help us through this difficult time.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

As you all probably remember I had a harrowing experience last time I was at the Stco. I put on a brace face today and went back to the food court today. I looked the nice man working the counter right in the eye and said "you have any onions?"

A moment passed that felt like a lifetime...

Then he said "yes, in back and that weird sour stuff"

Then I ate a 1.50 dog with refills and onions and spicy mustard. I did not get catsup to please the Costco gods, but I wish I had.

PBUC

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

All the fixins?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Has anyone ever used the Costco Auto program? I am looking to pick up a Personal Water Craft and would love to save as much money as possible. Anyone had any experiences?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Garcin posted:

I used it quite some time ago to buy my ($40k but now paid off!) truck. I wouldn't expect any miracles, but you can go into the dealership knowing that they will quote you a solid price without any hassles about financing or extras. Now - the dealership /will/ try to sell you extras and they /will/ try to push you into finance, but due to their contract with Costco they will initially tell you the price and move on from there. Just stick to the price and hopefully you brought your own financing.

Not sure if that helps, but for me it was great because I didn't have to haggle on the cost. I knew the number they had contractually negotiated with Costco so I didn't feel like I was wading through bullshit.

I had to say no to about a million extras though so you still get the dealership "experience".

Thanks! Appreciate the info.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Went to church on national hot dog day. Had a dog and a drink with refills. All I had to do was give offering of 1.50.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Toilet Shoes posted:

For your discussion.

I've been saying that all thread...

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Peachfart posted:

Plus it only takes 5 seconds and if it is busy they just quickly check a few items and let you go. A small price to pay to save so much.

What are they even looking for. What I don't get is when I am buying $400 in office supplies they check for 5 seconds. If I am buying $80 in fruit and baby food it takes 5 sec. And when I bought $600 in booze and high end food, 5 sec.
IDGI

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

DangerZoneDelux posted:

You don't understand they are counting the items in the cart?

There is now way they are counting 50 things in 5 sec. You don't understand how counting works?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I can’t find an email or letter from Costco for my cash back. Any advice?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wtf is BFC? And why the hell are we arguing about it instead of bragging about dope poo poo from the co?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yeah, we have that, but not the wings. Feels bad.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

My wife and I are having a holiday party and I am trying to talk her into letting the food come from Costco. What are the best things you have tried for a party setting? I am up for deli stuff, frozen stuff, or cold stuff. Not really looking to cook and she shot down us just getting 50 dogs/drinks/refills.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Taima posted:

And not to be that guy but I'm a well traveled and experienced cook so it's not like I'm Karen from Ohio trying to explain how food works

I need a resume and list of all places you have been ASAP. Or else I have to agree with the other guy that zebra flavored popcorn is banned.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

It’s known as the pizza/oral rule in my house.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SirPablo posted:

Also, whoever recommended this poo poo was spot on. My local church stocked the chipotle flavor. Fantastic cause for my curry chicken wraps. PBUC

http://www.bitchinsauce.com/

I keep looking for this in Ohio to no avail. It is pissing me off.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I’m headed to Florida for a long weekend and Costco was about half off of the Expedia type sites.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

It may be bidet time... but is the one you all got like 300 bucks? That is a lot of tp.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Costco run today in Columbus, OH. Had lots of everything as long as it was not Corona adjacent. No wipes, tp, bleach or paper towels. My wife didn't let me buy a bidet and its about to be real lovely around here.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

number 1 snake fan posted:

Just lol if you don't have her on ignore already

I like pick. A pick thread is a good thread. PBUC.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Paul MaudDib posted:

dadreport: my dad tipped me off to check THD (total harmonic distortion, basically frequency noise from the plain 120 hz sine wave) and the firman generators have problems (while I was looking at the 7500W one, they have others too). There are reports it'll run stuff like freezers, but things like UPSs won't charge (and probably powersupplies hopefully, cause hugely oscillating voltage is terrible for most things).

Nice, but did you get a dog and drink (with refil) for $1.50?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Manuel Calavera posted:

My bad, I am terrible at keeping track of posters that aren't Randaconda or Discendo Vox. (For being weird about cheese and I just recognize his name, respectively.)

I am from Columbus, but the only one I know is OSU_matthew?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ror posted:

I live alone but I want the jamón

When you look back and see only the hamprints in the sand, that’s when the jamón was carrying you.
:catholic:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Anyone ever purchased a Lovesac from Costco? We just got a new house with a bonus room we didn’t have before and have been looking at them. Seem nice and I love the modular nature, but are a lot of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

BigPaddy posted:

The lovesac sofas are good for you have dogs/pets since you can take the covers off and are decently modular to add stuff to over time. Still very expensive.

Yeah, it’s the sofas we are looking at. I’m thinking the same pros and cons.