Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Has anyone seen a vermouth at Costco? Google tells me that people have seen Carpano Antico there, but I have never seen it.

funny song about politics posted:

How are the Kirkland dress shirts?
They are pretty, er, roomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

choprite posted:

yeah, saw it yesterday but my costco is in a bougie area so ymmv
Was it mingled with the wine? Or near the booze/mixers? I am pretty bougie as well.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Was this the slim fit or regular fit shirts?
Haven't noticed slim fit. These were regular fit. For comparison, I am pretty fat, but wear the "slim fit" Brooks Brothers shirt (whatever it's called now). The Kirkland stuff is definitely more equivalent to the full fatness brooks brothers.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Whisps parmesan crisps (perfect crispy, salty, 100% parmesan cheese crackers with zero carbs),
64% fat/36% protein macronutrient split. Some protein bars don't hit that. Goddam.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

drat you cook county

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

therobit posted:

Costco is a great 2 hour activity with the kids. I have 2 kids and all 3 of us eat for $4.50, and then I strap the 3 year old into a cart and have my 8 year old grab stuff that isn't heavy off the shelves. They like eating samples, but I never let them stop and wait for one if it isn't already on the tray because I'm not an rear end in a top hat that likes to clog up the aisles for 5 minutes every 15 feet. I try to take them every Sunday since it is my church. PBUC
I take my three kids to Costco every Saturday morning. They eat like ravenous vultures, so we require three hot dogs and two slices of pizza.

They are not permitted to eat free samples because my wife is a shrink and believes that kids should basically never get instant gratification.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I feel like they would cut you a check instead of handing you cash if your cash back reward goes over a certain amount.
I got like $1700 cash back from a rewards certificate. Iím pretty baller and/or have a spending problem (and put a lot of work travel on the card).

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

KakerMix posted:

What so do you make them wait an hour before they can ear their dog? How can you not be instantly gratified by the Costco food court?
They have to wait until we get home to eat.

I don't ask questions--I do what the phd tells me to do.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

spite house posted:

Have discovered a rare Kirkland misstep, the protein bars, which taste exactly like Amway protein shakes and leave your mouth feeling like it's coated with finely-ground nickels. Steer clear. (The only actively bad own-brand item I've bought in like a decade so I ain't mad, and hurrah for the return policy.)
That's kind of just what protein bars taste like if they are going to hit ~45% of calories from protein. They are basically Quest knockoffs.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Mine is selling fresh shishito peppers now. Blistered a bunch of those.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program
Bought two cars through it. A Subaru for ~3% under invoice and a Honda for ~6% under invoice.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Mind if I ask what the discount on the Subaru was? I went last night and they said $500 off manuf. price but they never actually showed me the Costco price sheet, so I emailed asking for it. Hopefully they get back to me today
Sorry, long time ago. I think a little more than that.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Buying my third car through Costco. Several thousand below the truecar market average, without any negotiating (which I suck at).

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Ghostnuke posted:

"bad gas" is generally mechanic for "I don't know wtf"

Or ďyou loving idiot why did you leave a half tank of gas in your snow blower all summer. Now your carb needs leaning.Ē

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Yo, has the frozen edamame disappeared forever? Haven't seen it in months.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

IMPORTANT UPDATE: You'll receive your $2,XXX.XX 2019 Credit Card Reward Certificate via Email

Yikes. How much money do I put on this card.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

Iíve bought two

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Two words: ginormous rocket

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Bought a Tupac of Kayaks from Costco.com PBUC can't wait to get out on the water.
I got one of the orange ones for my kids. Pretty sweet.

Also they have an inflated 4-6 person stand up paddelboard in my store. It is hilariously large. This one - https://www.costco.com/Body-Glove-Crusader-4-6-Person-15%27-Inflatable-Paddleboard-Package.product.100464801.html

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Got myself a 25 foot long giant water slide, nbd.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

My Costco has menís marmot down puffy winter coats for $90 if you are looking to add that accessory to your wealthy exurban clothing portfolio.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

The grey Kirkland cougar coffee. Itís great.

From my pantry:

I've gone through most of the Costco whole bean coffees (cold brew). I am going through that one now, and I'm not a fan. The only Costco coffee I've had that I've actually liked has one from a regional (chicago) roaster, two brothers. But that was a lot more expensive than most there, like $9/lb.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

That is probably my favorite of the non-regional stuff

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Bioshuffle posted:

I have a manual burr grinder that I save for special occasions when I want to treat myself to a cup of Aeropress coffee, but 99% of the time, I just throw it in the cheapo blade grinder and throw it in the french press. Still makes a drat good cup of coffee.

I usually splurge on local roaster stuff, but I saw this at Costco and I couldn't pass it up for the price.

I think is now my favorite ultra-cheap costco coffee.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Lol, there is a Kirkland signature Scotty Cameron knockoff putter for $140. Way more than I want to spend, but I kind of want to buy it to proclaim my Costco allegiance.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Orvin posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-protein-bars-cookie-dough-and-chocolate-brownie-20-count%2C-2-pack.product.100655710.html

That is what we are talking about. The link has the new recipe, so the box is slightly different with the red stripe about nutrition change down the side. There is (or at least was) also a peanutbutter / cookies and cream combo box at the stores near me.
These are good, the peanut butter/cookies and cream ones both seem worst.

And yeah, the fitcrunch almost taste too candybar-like

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

My costco hasn't had the fresh shishito peppers in a while. That is some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

What the hell? I'm pretty sure I've always redeemed these for cash.
They wrote me a check this year, which was a little weird.