Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

large hands posted:

Just got a refund on my stick blender that broke.

I bought it in 2012 :pray:

How did they even know how much you paid for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Is there such a thing as 'special orders' for Costco? Like I would love to buy more variety of Coke products than they carry.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 19, 2018

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If by that you mean you'd like to get a case of each of them, sure!

See my edit above...the only sugar free options they have are Diet Coke and (sometimes) Diet Dr. Pepper. I wish I could buy more types rom them.

Yes I know Dr. Pepper isn't Coke but it's often distributed by Coke in my area.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

sweet thursday posted:

Costco: making human connections in bulk

Mods, do the needful...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

sweet thursday posted:

I'm sorry if I believe in the magic of Costco and their cheap selection of meats

No, no...I'm saying that your post would make a great thread title.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

DiggityDoink posted:

drat my local church didn't have any Bitchin' Sauce.

What part of the warehouse would I go to to find this?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Whatever beer they serve on the sun.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Fallom posted:

You try enjoying an RV where it’s always raining inside

I bet you know the day of your own death, don't you?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Mondian posted:

On topic: My church has food on the left and I got a dog and two drinks yesterday. One came with the dog and the other was free from the guy ahead of me who said drinking Pepsi products was immoral and he didn't want it :shrug:

Ditto on the Pepsi angle. I wish they'd let you swap the drink for something else...maybe get a berry smoothie for an extra dollar or something.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Mondian posted:

I generally avoid soda altogether, but I'm out of touch... why are people hating pepsi now

I prefer berry smoothies. Also I don't like Pepsi's product line in general.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Anybody had experience with buy a desk chair/office chair from the Church? I'm in the market but my local 'Co only carries two and I don't like the feel of them...ever bought thru the website?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Went to my Costco unsure if I'd try the Bayside office chair.

Then there was a sign...

PBUC

E: why can't I get this image to load?

https://imgur.com/a/lyadI3n

Pershing fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 25, 2019

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The Midniter posted:

I'm currently sitting in one of those chairs right now. Here's my quick review:

Pro: very comfortable for long-term sitting, working, gaming
Con: back mechanism began squeaking loudly after about a year when leaning back in the chair, requiring silicone lubricant spray about once a month to keep it silent

It was worth the price and I'd definitely buy it again.

Yeah, I was hemming and hawwing coming in the door about whether to buy. Being on sale for $79 was the closer. Easy to assemble and very comfortable, would buy again.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

DiggityDoink posted:

The subcontractors also usually get poo poo for pay too so it totally goes against my good church experience.

There's a Jesus and the moneychangers parable in here somewhere.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I have served Costco key lime pie at several major events of my life. I have never been disappointed.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 12, 2019

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I am standing here waiting for my Costco hot dog after being told "it will be at least 5 minutes" and what is this world coming to?!?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Chinatown posted:

Just used my last trash bag. You know what that means.

You've killed again?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

It may have been mentioned but this Dewalt tool kit is a great deal. Ordered it last night, I finally get to replace my mismatched collection of sockets from half a dozen toolkits. Compared prices at Home Depot, Lowe's and my local Ace...this beats them all for a comparable sized set.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Bought Sherpa blankets for the kids and my wife... everybody all lined up on the couch all snuggly and warm.

Also saw a dude buying forty of the spiral hams to go give out free to people who need the help...a nice touch.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Fallom posted:

Was I supposed to get my CostCo dividends in the mail? I never got it this season, and they'd be worth a whole ham piece!

Got mine a few weeks ago in my renewal bill.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Anybody got experience with this Costco liquidation site?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

EVG posted:

You gnaw that bone, son.

Add chunks to your next pot of black beans.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Anybody have any comforter/sheets recommendations? I need a new set for our bed and they always seem to have a nice selection of high thread count sheets and down alternative comforters. Worth the price?

I bought a set of the Kirkland pima cotton sheets they had on sale last month. I really like that each corner of the fitted sheet has a reinforced elastic band on each corner. Liked it so much I went back and bought two more sets.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I'm going tomorrow morning at opening. Prayers please.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Fallom posted:

Media panic is going to be a far greater cause of shortages than temporary plant closures

Either way, ribeyes are the new toilet paper

The Costco Thread: Ribeyes Are The New Toilet Paper

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Does Costco typically stock yeast? I went to find some yesterday but I didn't see any, but I've never bought any at Costco before. I thought I remembered seeing some at some point.

e: also, everyone was wearing a mask and staying pretty far apart.

At my church it's usually on the same aisle as the vanilla. It's been in stock pretty consistently over the last three trips.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Is there something like a 'best of' list for the current merchandise? We're always mentioning different items but by the time I get to the warehouse I forget.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Filled up my cart at my local 'Co today. TP yes but paper towels were a no. Also out of nitrile gloves and Nutella (oddly enough). Good distancing and none of the crazy of March.

Meat was...different. No ground beef and the only steaks were prime. The only fresh chicken was breasts, no drumsticks or other cuts. They seemed to be covering up the holes in the meat case with stuff I'd never seen before...I got some smoked ham (not the big spiral ham) and some nitrate free beef keilbasa.

No receipt check, had to eat my dog in the car...it felt weird.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Vanilla was down to $25 and it's been $32 in the past six months.

...and just as I was running out of my last bottle. I was thrilled to get it.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

StormDrain posted:

Dear Costco thread, I never thought it would happen to me, but today I was blessed by the incompetence of Costco.com. After a bit of worry about the upcoming collapse of society, I ordered a 30 day supply of emergency food. It was backordered and expected to take a few weeks to get. Lo! It came in about a week! And now only two days later, a second package has arrived with another bucket! If I survive an emergency on that second bucket it will truly be a miracle from Kirkland.

Check...they may have charged you twice. It's happened to me.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Thanks to Costco fireworks, my family had a great Fourth. $100 for an hour long show and we had some left over. PBUC.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Add me to the pile of people who think Costco's website/e-commerce operation sucks rear end. I ordered a laptop for warehouse pickup, had a confirmation number, was told to expect an email when it was available for pickup at the warehouse. Fast forward a few days and I get an email about how my order was cancelled without explanation. Try to call and get it worked out, it refers me back to the website which has no helpful answers. Call customer support and the system tells me there's a 94 minute hold time to talk to a rep.

gently caress. THAT. Yes, I can shop elsewhere but dammit I was needing this for my kid's school first of next week.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The Hambulance posted:

Kirkland Parchment Paper is the greatest. I just wish either of the Costco locations near me had any available. Plenty of foil, though.

Never been able to find this. If you search on the app all it brings up is foil.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The Hambulance posted:

Also, I think I may have seen Sherpas. Not 100% sure though.

I walked by something at the warehouse last week that looked like the Sherpas but was not branded as such. I want to say it was KS branded.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

So I finally bought a big bag of garlic from the 'Co....how should I cook this? I seem to remember somebody in the thread had a roasted garlic recipe. I'm also going to be cooking italian sausage if it helps.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The North Tower posted:

I got the jamón and it’s everything I thought it would be. 14 pounds of meat for 2 people for a few months. Going to upgrade so many sandwiches through the new year. May pull the trigger on the website’s ibérico next year if we get a covid vaccine. PBUC.

So how perishable is the ham? Do you just leave it out? Do you need to refrigerate it?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

jisforjosh posted:

I finally had Costco's "Super Premium" vanilla ice cream.

HEB has me spoiled, give me back my 1905 Vanilla that's apparently made with crack

If you haven't made a root beer float with it you're missing out

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Jesus God I just bought 14 pounds of prime beef top round for $7.39/pound after discount. Plus the pork loin.

I love you so much Costco.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Olanphonia posted:

Yes! I just came here to post about this. Whole pork loin is $8 off per pkg (so a typical one is $4) and whole ny prime loin is $25 off. I think that sale ends on the 30th.

It's the first time I've ever doorbusted Costco. Showed up bright and early, just in the time I was grabbing other stuff half that beef disappeared!

Later on me and Mrs. Pershing will break out the vacuum sealer and the good carving knife and go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Xaris posted:

Home made pasta sauces can be good (especially alfredo) but iffy time/money/taste proposition over a decent pre-bought (well anything is literally better than prego).

This thread turned me on to the 2 pack of Rao's from the 'Co and I've never looked back. Goddamn delicious.