Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I have a Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club all in my town and have been a BJ's man more or less my whole life. Is Costco wildly different? BJ's doesn't do gasoline, that's for sure. Buddy from same town moved to South Carolina and now all he talks about is Costco so I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

shoophobo posted:

We're getting a bj here in Charleston, SC.
:ohdear:

According to my buddy, you (and him) are getting a Sam's Club too.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvHERp4hss

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I finally went to my local Costco on Saturday and goddammit it was wonderful. What a magical land.

2lbs of strawberries for loving $4! I also live in NH so no sales tax :911:

Need to go back and dog out, though.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The best part of any day is Costco. Just fact.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Got me a few things on this day of Costco.

-18 pack of mini naan for loving $3.
-8 pack of Tasty Bits Veggie Tikka Masala which I haven't tried yet.
-A whole goddamn pineapple
-Enormous rotisserie chicken for $5 to dice up for the week.
-24 pack of Spindrift Fruit Water (might be a local thing since the owner/company is right around here? I know he's national at Panera though) Stuff is just so good.

Today was my first time doggin' too. Holy gently caress. My Costco has a massive Italian sausage a lot of people were getting, if that's not at every location. I'm in NH.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah I just tried that Spindrift stuff the other day and it's great, never gonna buy La Croix again. The cucumber one is good with gin, just a lil protip.

I can now confirm it is very good with gin. Excellent protip.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody tried that giant bag of Korean noodles with black sauce they sell? I eyeball them every time.

Also I got Goodyear rugged floor mats, front and rear, for goddamn $18.99. Going to invest in Weathertech ones before winter but until then, PBUC.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's July 4th weekend technically so you know I'm about to head to the 'co and stock up on some motherfuckin BBQ supplies. What kind of hauls are we thinking, friends? Obviously Kirkland dogs. What else? Some potato salad?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-korea-onion-salad-20170919-story.html

I have a lot of feelings right now

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

please change my name to Onion Salad Buffet TIA

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Thinking about that dog. Might have to pull the trigger tomorrow, my brothers and sisters.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What's going on here? Jekyll and Hyde?

Costco serves all needs.

I dropped out but still love Costco

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The 'Co experience today was almost ruined. Not sure what happened but the entire front reeked of rotting old trash to the point where the hundreds of people at checkout were covering up their mouths and noses including the cashiers. It was real, real bad.

However, I got a dope Boston Bruins hoodie that feels like Under Armour for just $25, and many other hot deals including aspirin and stocked up on the Orgain Protein Powder which is my fav protein.

Nobody was waiting in line to dog including myself because everybody was going to puke from the trash smell. :sad:

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 15, 2017

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Would

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Costco should sell forties IMO. I would drink a Kirkland 40

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

May I post this deal for newcomers to the faith:
https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/open/visasocial

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Shocking hard hitting report reveals that Costco seasons their rotisserie chickens.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2017/11/08/the-shocking-truth-behind-costcos-dollar5-rotisserie-chicken/23270922/

My God.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Finally bought the Sherpa throw, friends. It is godlike. I of course balled out and got a dog. Feeling blessed up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Midniter posted:

Anyone see any slippers for sale at the 'Co lately? Now that the weather is cooling off, and my house has hardwood, I gotta get something to keep my feet warm.

I went in mine yesterday and the whole front entrance has some sort of warm memory foam slippers. Might even been sherpa.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Did they change how they do things at all? Moviepass sounds great but I feel like it's thrown out instantly the moment you want to go to the movies with another person because you can only buy one ticket. I also go to a theater where it's reserved seating and everybody buys days/weeks in advance, meaning I'd have to drive outside the theater and check in or whatever like weeks out.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah it sounds like if you can make it work for you it's definitely worth it. Right now I have a friend who legit drives to the theater two days in a row well in advance so he can get one for him and his girlfriend. I'll wait for the family plan which they've hinted at, but PBUC that's a hot drat deal.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I guess more specifically my girlfriend. My friends can do whatever they want, but also like I said in my area, you have to buy tickets well in advance. So for example Star Wars, I bought everybody's seats like in September and then was Venmo'd the cash.

Regarding going early, you can check in when they go on sale and buy a ticket online. It's just a debit card. He buys ticket one, checks in next day, and buys ticket two. Which is obviously absurd, but it's what he's doing. He said the only thing is now some theaters are putting in a little bit extra of fees to prevent this from occuring since it puts the exact amount on your MP card.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Does Costco also handle ordering of contact lenses? I wear glasses at night and then daily disposable contacts. I need an eye exam and all that too.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks for the Costco advice. If I'm paying minimum $100 at Costco, I'll take it. My last frames were $350 (Ray Bans, cheapest pair in the goddamn store) and a year of daily contacts was another $350 after insurance, though I have way better insurance now.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I just turned 27 and I proudly stand tall with my church, my savior, Costco. The only thing I will murder are high prices.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/shardle1/status/954837040998174720

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

People buried in Costco caskets ARE the hot dogs stay woke

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody know if the holy church sells Bose QC35 headphones? Been thinking about committing to a pair lately but would love for them to be backed by Costcos crazy warranty stuff.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Holy poo poo big shoutout to those recommending the optical department.

I paid $190 total for new frames and 45 days worth of contact lenses. (Probably will buy lenses elsewhere after since Costco doesn't take my insurance) but even the frames alone were beyond worth it without using my benefits.

PBUCCCCCC

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Same here in NH. But our state liquor stores are so cheap people come from as far as New Jersey to stock up and have it still be worth it. Even bar owners come! (Which is so illegal)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/963261557068189696

The Juice has switched to murdering $1.50 hot dogs and high prices.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The white bronco chase was just him trying to beat the gas line

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I used my parents, specifically my mom's Costco card for years with her not even there.
As a stupid adult I don't even look like the photo of myself on the back of my own membership because they shoot the photo with a potato.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's a new one. I rent a really great end unit three floor condo and have for 2.5 years. My landlord hit me with the news yesterday that I have to leave at the end of May or he's offering to sell it to me and it's a pretty solid price. I don't wanna move yet so.... anybody have any experience with a Costco mortgage?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Without many details I'm designing a presentation right now for one of my company's products for Costco to review and I'm gonna be honored if it will be sold in the holy land. PBUC

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

All of that is not above the usage of Kirkland Guillotines

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

We got ourselves a dog article

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-story-behind-costco-hot-dog-deal-256217

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to a Costco I've never been to today. It is the fourth church I have visited.

Dedham
Waltham
Nashua
Danvers

Hell yeah Nashua is my congregation. All are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

LinYutang posted:

costco needs to up their delivery game asap or i'm probably gonna cancel for amazon prime :rip:

Costco is a vendor on Google Express. I've had good experiences with them for their Wal Mart stuff.