Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

KakerMix posted:

crossposting from the Irma Party Thread

Got a link to the Irma party thread? Edit. I am thinking about a dog, and it has been far too long since my last trip through the fair gates. I will be going tomorrow I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

organic is trash for idiots

Also organic chicken tastes way better.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Got organic chicken breast, couscous, those nifty travel pants, a lot of awesome frozen fish and of course a dog. Also stopped by the glasses counter to find out my glasses size, just so I can go buy ray bands online. Glasses guy informed me I should test them out in person because of the nose piece at a sun glasses hut first, before ordering online.

PBUC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

drat. I could not find those peanut butter pretzel bites (2nd bottom shelf, right end) when I went to costco.

Anybody know where they're usually hiding?

Chips isle.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Costco's helping me eat better and lose weight:
  • Normandy blend? ✓
  • Garofalo organic pasta? ✓
  • Signature Frozen Tilapia? ✓
  • PBUC? ✓
:discourse:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Picked up a Sherpa blanket. Omg itís so soft.

PBUC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Went to Costco today, got three Sherpa blankets as presents for the faithless who do not have memberships. I also wandered over to glasses, and impulse bought a pair of sick ray bans frames with my script that was on file for $160 :getin: and of course...

Dat dog.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

Jesus. Humanity.

People actually buy Johnnie Walker over actual scotch. For Shame.

(pbuc)

Doesnít everyone know Buy bullet ford daily drinking (and wine and beer) and scotch for the dinner parties (platter trays from Costco of course ).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Garcin posted:

Fill your grey goose bottle with kirkland signature vodka.

Well itís the same thing sooo...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Does the movie pass deal still going on? Iíll grab it this week if it is

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Went to church yesterday, saw the amazing leather couch with recliners, usb chargers and drink holder. Now I need to move so I have space to buy one.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

The wonders never cease.

And this is the best peanut butter. At a great low cost

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

pass on the organic surcharge unless you're just some sort of antivax rube, and get adam's the one true pb.

Iím very pro vax, but there is a huge difference between being pro organic meat and veggies and being anti gmos as a whole. As for Peanut better, that stuff tastes better than Adams... so yeah.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone buy clothes at costco? Thinking of updating my wardrobes and they have good brands.

The joggers they just got are great. Iím going back to grab one of the hooded sweaters next week. The pockets have zippers! 👍

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't want my food made with ~~~chemicals~~~

really wish costco hadn't hopped on the organic train so hard but it's where the most profit is so I can't blame em

And again, this thread has the standard anti bs about organic. The chicken breasts at Costco that are organic are great.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Hot take: organic often tastes better, has less added bullshit

Heinz organic vs original Heinz is perfect example.

Agreed. See also peanut butter.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Or Oregon. Itís bullshit.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Taima posted:

Another key Costco fish win: the super cheap and delicious rock fish that flosses like a superstar in your fish tacos or just fried up

Also the tilapia fillets pan seared with spices, a side salad and a side of rice make for an amazing dinner that takes about ten minutes to prepare (not counting rice cook time)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Meydey posted:

The current run of cargo shorts with stretchy waists is a godsend for older dudes. I have every color of the Gerry ones.

Other pro tip. Shorts rarely look good, so everyone talking about cargo shorts looking bad miss the point. Also, fit dudes in the summer in cargo shorts look just fine. As long as theyíre wearing a button up shirt or t shirt and Appropriate footwear.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

naem posted:

Whatever brick and mortar stores survive the longest and still have a large enough footprint for people to, go there and buy stuff, will equalize its prices with Amazonôô© more or less

Walmart and Target and Costco and Amazone will still be places where you can buy the things, the physical stores will all be right across the street from each other

Thank god my two favorite stores are Target and Costco... well and Apple, but they will be fine.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bum the Sad posted:

Theyíre pretty much there for customer service. So people have a place to take their hosed it products or for old people to get their questions answered.

Also, itís good to try sizes of stuff out before you buy. (Discovering the new keyboards suck on their laptops for instance.)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Renegret posted:

We have a little 1BR apartment and we shop at Costco religiously.

Just need to get a little creative at times, and alternate what we stock up on. Don't buy toilet paper and paper towels at the same time, only buy one thing of meat at a time, etc.

The only reason I want a bigger apartment or a house is so I have room for a second freezer for Costco 😂😂😂

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

As someone who is now on a Keto diet, Costcoís prices on cheeses and meat are even more appreciated. And I grabbed a hammock of course, and it looks great.

PBUC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Returned the hammock today (I love it, but there is no place for me to put it :( ) but grabbed the new Stephen King Book, and the new office chair they have that feels amazing.

PBUC

I would have grabbed a dog, but Iím on Keto right now and eating a dog without a bun feels wrong.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Link to the office chair? I'm in the market for one.

https://www.costco.com/True-Innovations-Mid-Back-Manager's-Chair.product.100398731.html

It was $99 in store. Took about 30 mins to set up, love it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Went to church last night. And there were 20 cars in the lot. Why? Well there was a massive fire just across the street an hour before, and they had to evacuate! Tons of fire trucks, and shaken employees. They closed for an hour, and then re opened for the last hour (as I pulled up) strangest and quietest Costco trip ever. Tempted by their backpacks. Sad they didnít have Its-Its :(. Would have gotten a dog, but Iím on Keto and donít want one without a bun.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thinking bout a third Sherpa....

You gotta have two for the bed (one to use, one to rotate) then you gotta have the throw for the couch, so do it 😊

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

THINKING ABOUT THAT DOG

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Some of these posts are like reading the vegan sub reddit. I get the organic chicken from Costco, (even if you donít believe in hormones being pumped into the chicken is bad for us, the taste is different.) and generally donít eat non local beef. (I mostly donít eat beef). Disclaimer, I think the whole argument that the world should go vegan because of think of the animals is missing the point... some of us really donít care as much about that. Im sorry, I will never care as much about a cow as a homeless person. That being said, the argument about environmental impact from farming animals is very strong, and should be leaned into more than the shaming a lot of vegans go for.

As for Costco related content, mom drove to Costco today and grabbed an air hockey table to surprise my Niece and nephew. Table looks dope, and is heavy as hell. They have no clue itís being set up tomorrow for Christmas :). Itís going to be great.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Xaris posted:

I've discovered tikka masala is insanely easy to cook. we cook paneer tikka masala instead of chicken since the gf is vegetarian, but it's even basically no carb as well so good for diets and i ate that a lot with cauliflower rice while i was on a keto diet.

costco carries paneer but it seems hit or miss, if we can't get it we'll just use tofu.

if you want the recipe, pm me. secret is also some fenugreek leaves to go with it that really brings it up to top notch restaurant quality.

Just post it here! I donít have PM.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone ever seen Costco stock dried beans or lentils?

Yes. Itís in the same isle as the rice, at least at my warehouse.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The flip flops are great. The beer cozy ones. Get em!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Costco has AirPod 2ís for $145! Grabbed a pair and love them.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

peppers suck rear end on pizza, sorry but itís true.

Yep.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Moey posted:

I'm wondering if it will turn to poo poo once I wash it.

No, but take it to a laundry Matt. I just did with mine since itís too big for a home dryer. Installing it on my bed tonight, so excited.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Getting a new car battery at Costco as we speak. About to see what other great savings I can acquire too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Pump Jockey posted:

My Costco opens at 10:00am but I got in early at 9:50 and was checking out at the registers at 9:53. The parking lot was already going full Mad Max by the time I left at 9:55. Praise be.

Was there at 10:30 on Monday, and the parking lot had never been that full. I wonít be going back for a few weeks, but I stocked up on what I need so no worries. PBUC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Sending out wine to ~40 clients for the holidays. Time to raid the Costco wine section.

Indian Wells (saint michelle is the main vineyard ) cab is $9.90 at the local Costco. It tastes like a $40 dollar bottle and the local wine guy I know buys it by the case for dinner parties and to just sip

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

We should be stockpiling booze, which is mostly water anyways.

I have. Half gallons of gin, rum, vodka and tequila. Smaller bottles of whiskey. I should go grab some more mixers though. Ginger ale is good for so many things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Send an email to corporate IMO. Costco seems to be pretty good with that poo poo.

(I'm the last person to "email the manager" or whatever but yeah)

Had to go into a target yesterday and halfway down the clothing isle I saw a couple where she had pulled her mask down and his wasnít covering his nose. I almost said something and then I saw his snake donít dread on me bullshit shirt. Decided possibly getting shot wasnít worth it to tell them to put on their loving masks.