Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I split a Costco membership, i walked through the entire store and got a large jar of shelf stable mango pieces and a large jar of pesto. What are the most legendary kirkland brand products?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Xaris posted:

A lot of the "legendary kirkland brand" is going to be pretty mundane but Doodles answered some of it and I would add these are the pretty solid regular kirkland staples you should get, most you dont need to buy very often, like once to 4x a year sort of thing, but depends:

kirkland branded products that are good and very high quality:
-Toilet Paper
-Paper Towels
-Conditioner
-Body wash
-Shampoo
-Garbage Bags
-Parchment Paper / tin foil sheets / cling wrap
-Normandy Blend (frozen section)
-Mexican cheese blend (fridge section)
-Parmesan Reggiano blocks
-AAA/AA/9V batteries (if you need them)
-Cashews/mixed nuts/pine nuts(!)
-Dishwasher pods (I find their detergent isnt very good and stick to Tide Advanced Platinum that they sell instead)
-Pallet of eggs (either pasture-raised-organic or the regular kind)
-Rotisserie chicken (hot)
-Butter
-Vodka (iirc just relabeled grey goose?)
-sparkling water
-tomato sauce + tomato paste
-salt, pepper, and some other dried herbs
-Vanilla extract
-Almond Poppy Seed + Blueberry Muffins (i can;'t buy these anymore because they';re like 650 calories a pop and I can eat two a day which is like almost your entire daily calories right there)
-Croissants (same as above, realkly good but i also cant buy these anymore because I can eat too many)

Kirkland Pesto used to be REALLY good back in the early 2000s but they've increasingly reformulated and reduced size to cut costs, at least twice since then, and it isn't nearly as good these days. It's not bad, even sometimes worth picking up, but honestly I find it just disappointing how downhill its gotten. I would consider it more an green-colored oily-cheesy slop sauce with a hint of basil these days, and I don't even think it includes pine nuts anymore, so I would recommend just picking up the bag of kirkland pine nuts + parm block + basil and making your own.

Thanks! bought most of these things by the time i read this. I want to try their bath products but have a ton already and am too vain to buy the muffins or croissants although they are tasty.