Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarxCarl posted:

Only available in California, Hawaii, and Washington
https://www.costco.com/costco-pay.html

I thought for sure it would be all over the country by now, but I guess one of the perks of living in Seattle is we get to try everything earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fizzymercury posted:

I bought 7lbs of cheese on my last visit. My fiance has decided to buy me a mini fridge for cheeses for our anniversary. Does Costco have any?

I've only ever seen the kimchi fridge, but I'm sure it could be repurposed for cheese.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I haven't seen them return in the Seattle area yet, but the lines are also so long I rarely stop for a dog these days anyway.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fischtick posted:

I picked up the tortilla tilapia last trip and they were a hit, but we're also big fans of the Trident "World's Best" fish sticks. They go great with some Mac & Cheese or in a lunchtime fish taco or as a "that's a surprising and uncomfortable amount of ketchup" delivery system for my kid.

Anything made by Trident seems to be good; because I'm a goon I buy the fish sticks pretty regularly.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Costco in the US just needs to carry the one true brand of flavored water, Volvic.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

same. piss mustard is just bad once you've gone brown there's no going yellow

I havent seen those, i'll keep an eye out, but Inglehoffer is sold pretty commonly and the grain-mustard is great

this stuff is aplso good for storebought although a lot on the grains which can be good or bad.

If we're talking mustard, this is my jam:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Those bulgogi mandu are on sale if you're into that.

Fried up in a skillet they are so good. Microwaving does not work well though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

WTFBEES posted:

I ordered a cheese pizza today and when I got home I realized they gave me pepperoni instead.

I was a little bummed at first but it was still pretty good.

The cheese is awesome for the 3 pounds they toss on, but the pep is a solid option. Both are inferior to sausage+pep, but they are often too busy to make them these days :(

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fischtick posted:

My family really likes the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The taters are magical. Leftovers are great.

I feel like it could do with half a pound less glaze, but the potatoes are amazing. We always end up scraping most of the glaze off before cooking, it's just way too much.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

durrneez posted:

Yeah, I feel this way too.

I like the chicken pot pie because I like pot pies in general but I add a sriracha to it when I eat it. Also, I agree with pnumoman, pot pie is too salty.

They didn't use to be as salty, they've changed in the last year or so.

We cook them for 15-20 minutes longer than the box says, and the top comes out better. They also come out better with convection mode on the oven instead of regular.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, I need a dang office chair. Which of Costco's offerings do you recommend?

The only one I've personally been comfortable in is the leather executive one that they haven't sold in years; it was the only one with an actually tall back instead of the lovely mid-back chairs that are so common.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Goodpancakes posted:

What is the fabled ham that was referenced?

There is a Serrano and a Jamon Iberico. Both are good hams, but impulse buys for a lot of people that don't realize the commitment that comes with buying an entire leg of jamon.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

silence_kit posted:

You can try smaller amounts (with higher prices in terms of $/oz) by ordering from tienda.com.

Jamon Iberico is absolutely delicious and way better than serrano ham. It's more oily and flavorful. I'm not sure I'd buy an entire leg of it though just for myself.

edit: VVV nevermind at $250 for a whole ham, i'd seriously consider it

Jamon Iberico is the thing dreams are made of, and something I always eat too much of when I'm in Spain. The problem with buying an entire leg of it is that as the old thread title used to say, it's a lot of meat to put in you

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

I may have hallucinated it but I swear there's a new Kirkland brand instant coffee that should be 10x then any of those other brands.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100778357.html

Looks like Folgers, but who knows.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

One of the things I really like at the business center are the packaged frozen duck breasts. So much easier and cheaper than buying a full duck, and because each pair of duck breasts is in a single package you don't have to defrost a giant bag of them when you want to cook some.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

On other microwaveable item news I tried out the frozen ramen that has the chicken + veg in the bowl and it was actually really drat good. Just fill water to line, microwave for 4 minutes and it was very tasty. Would be great to take for work lunches frozen etc.

I add some powdered ginger, garlic, and onion, and some toasted sesame seeds. Comes out pretty decent, especially for $2 a bowl.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GI_Clutch posted:

I just took my Kirkland lasagna out of the oven after the initial 55 mins and the temperature reading on the thermometer went down as I put it in. Hmmm. Either my lasagna was beyond frozen or my oven is severely overestimating its internal temperature (was fine last night). I remember it taking longer than the instructions usually say, but this is a bit much.

I have a lovely oven as well, and things always take longer than expected. Just get one of those thermometers with a remote probe that you can leave it while it cooks.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The 3 pack of Bordeaux for $15 is worth it with just the first bottle I tried, definitely a good deal imo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

This is the same thread people were posting about their Herman Miller/Aeron chairs right? I found a used one at a liquidator for $599, and everything I can find online makes that seem like a great price. Are they really that good?

Definitely try it first. Personally, I find them incredibly unpleasant to sit in, but many people love them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FAH Q posted:

Is anyone else addicted to the Haagen-Dazs peppermint & dark chocolate squares? I saw them again and didn't even feel bad buying half the boxes available.

They are so goddamn good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Barry posted:

Post up in the food court eating dog after dog after dog

I've done that in the summer, but it's too wet and windy in the fall/winter to want to spend long at the food court.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crunchy Black posted:

Bottled in bond Costco Bourbon? Be still my heart.

I have to drive to the Church 10 minutes further away in CHUDsville to take alcohol communion, but totally worth it.

It's good

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Joburg posted:

Just visited the brand new Pooler Costco! There was :siren: NO LINE :siren: at the gas pumps because the price sign isn’t up yet, my lucky day!

That's the kind of thing I dream about. This morning I had to pay an extra 40c a gallon on a full tank because it would be a 20 minute wait at my local.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BadSamaritan posted:

I was kinda disappointed in the costco chicken pot pie. Too salty, and the filling gunk was kind of bland except for salt. The pro is that it’s hubcap sized so I don’t need to cook tonight.

They changed something recently (two years ago maybe?), and most of them have too much salt. Every now and then you get one that isn't super salty, and they are much better. Adding some regular black pepper helps too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tunicate posted:

There is an error with this item and it cannot be purchased at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh costco website, never change

Don't worry, it hasn't in at least a dozen years.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

It's a driving from a state with higher taxes to bulk purchase booze thing. With that haul it's a significant savings.

My grandparents used to do that. They'd drive their RV to visit family, load it up with booze, and then have the kids sit on top of it while driving 4 states back.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lunch today was the classic Costco special: 2 Dogs 1 Cup

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BadSamaritan posted:

Also bought a bottle of Japanese whiskey for a present for my partner. Hoping it’s good!

They usually have a couple of different kinds, the Yamakazi is my favorite, but it's tripled in price over the last several years.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Hambulance posted:

I had a person who worked in shipping do that. Was an expensive thing

Did they not realize it when they had to fill out the customs forms? Shipping things to Australia (or anywhere outside the US) involves a poo poo ton of paperwork, and I'm glad I don't have to fill that stuff out anymore.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Costco online is doing a hell of a deal on a Yeti 3000X and solar panel combo. Almost pulled the trigger myself and still might before the end of the day. We've been having so many power outages lately, that would at least help keep the fridge and freezer on a day.

I lose power 3-5 times a year, and have been thinking about one of those giant battery packs for the fridge. It's a ton of money, but it would be nice to not have to worry about the fridge when the power goes out for more than a few hours.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

Scientific fact that nuggets taste better when in a general dino shape

That explains so much

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A buddy of mine saw this; if you live in Dallas and want to work for what seems to be a decent company, I'd hit em up. Pretty sure it comes with unlimited dogs & kraut.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

does costco have any whole-bean coffee that's any good? I know people mentioned the whiskey one was really bad but how's the other stuff?

(I'm generally opposed to pre-ground coffee but idk maybe if it really knocked your socks off?)

For whole bean I just buy the Cafe Lladro when they have it, it's decent and cheap.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

Reminds me, I was wondering, are Costco memberships international? Can my membership get me into a Canadian or Korean Costco?

I've used my US executive membership in all but China and Iceland, and it works perfectly. I even returned some shirts I bought in the UK and returned in the US.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

astral posted:

Costco.com is still over a decade behind the times and does not seem to be their priority vs. in-store. If you want a good online warehouse club, Sam's Club offers a ton of promotions on the basic membership (full basic membership fee back as a gift card, more than that back as uber credits, or an extremely discounted membership on groupon) and the Plus upgrade gives you free shipping.

Except Sam's is owned by Walmart, and gently caress ever giving them money.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

There's no situation where I'm not buying alcohol at Costco so self checkout is a non-starter.

I've never had a problem buying booze at the self checkout, someone walks over to do an override within seconds of seeing me pull the bottles out of my cart.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

StormDrain posted:

I miss the days of the polish dogs with the inside out wrapper.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

iroc.dis posted:

I mentioned back before Christmas that I had ordered a Co gift membership for my sister-in-law. I got an email saying it was shipped on 12-28, it didn't come with a tracking number, and it still hasn't been delivered. Has anyone else had issues with the gift membership thing? Seems like it should have been delivered by now.

I don't know where they are sent from, but assuming they come from the corporate offices here in Seattle, we've had a ton of snow over the last few weeks, and everything is delayed. Now that it's warming up, we're getting so much rain that it's causing flooding everywhere, but at least the airport should be back to normal by now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

nice employee at the food counter handed me a bulging paper filled with two broken churros and was like "i know you only ordered one but the two i grabbed broke... so here you go" :swoon:

Some people get all the luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

This happened to the Costco near me as well. I assume a customer ruined it for all of us by breaking a scanner or something.

Or walked out with one.