Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I picked up a giant box of those little chocolate alcohol bottles for like $15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

ixo posted:

just went to a costco business center for the first time

this is their refrigerated section. gently caress

cons: no dogs and 'fills , no consumer electronics, no clothes

pros: I can buy a whole goat

I checked their website, the nearest one to me is over 500 miles away, even though I live within 30 minutes of two regular Costcos

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

EAB posted:

Hello boys and girl I'm getting a Costco membership today welp wish me luck

On my first day I plan to get myself one of those dank rear end rotisserie chickens, and prob grab some rando various things from the frozen food isle, wish me luck!!!

Get the credit card

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Good luck trying to find mens small shirts at my local Costco. Nothing but M - XXXL and I cry every time.

Same but with size 15 shoes

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

It was delicious, as always. The pizza was a lot better than I was expecting, too. Might get one to go towards the end of our next trip. Everyone talks about how big them dogs are but the pizza slice I got was like 1/4 of an entire pizza for 2 united states dollars. When the total came up to $4.32, my girlfriend said "can we get a hot dog, too?" and the guy (Father Jeffrey, praise be) said "you want two hot dogs?" Food hasn't been this cheap since the early 90's.

I spent about 20% of the entire trip waltzing up and down the booze aisles, looking for that 3 pack of whiskey, but no dice. Either my local store Church didn't have them or it was only valid last week... BUT

the Baked Lays were on sale for the same price as Sun Chips. I am stocked for this next week. Now I am going to eat an apple pear, a fruit that I did not know existed 2 hours ago.

PBUC

Apple pears (Asian pears) are awesome

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Latest Costco discovery: the vending machine with 50 cent bottles of water.

Uh the machine sells bottles of water for 25 cents at my Costco, in the food court

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Argyle posted:

My Citi Visa rewards cert came and I'm looking to blow it on a TV. Was going to use it toward a fancy Samsung but the $339 TCL 55inch 4K has me questioning if it's worth paying more. I figure with a 7-year warranty (Costco+Citi+SquareTrade) there's minimal risk involved.

Anybody have one?

poo poo I've got a $330 reward coming my way and my TV is only 28". Gonna have to think about this

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They have brats here in Wisconsin but.... I actually don't like them. They're Usinger's brats and I think what I don't like about them is that the grind is too fine. I prefer a coarser grind and I'd honestly take a Johnsonville over it.

Please don't call an exterminatus on me.

They used to sell those 3 lb packs of Johnsonville brats but recently switched over to a new Kirkland brand. Does anyone know if the Kirkland brats are any good? Love Johnsonville but hate hate hate their donations to shitlord Scott Walker even though I no longer live in Wisconsin.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Meydey posted:

I fully and 100% confirm that the Kirkland Brats are loving delicious.

Thanks, hopefully they are still in stock!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Meydey posted:

We just bought the vacuum sealer and a new freezer at Costco. The uncut pork loin pack was the first thing we bought and vacuum sealed.

These are two things I really want, a vacuum sealer and a chest freezer.

My local costco had those fancy eliptical machines on clearance for $350, but my wife talked me out of getting one since we already have a gym membership. The machine was on sale for $499.97 but reduced to $350. This is in Charlottesville VA if anyone wants a deal on these, which retail for $900+.

Edit: it was the proform cardio hiit trainer

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 17, 2018

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Meydey posted:

It is a beautiful thing when the sample lady has something you actually wanted to try. Also, I make sure to always say Thank You (remember they are not Costco employees)

I thought they sometimes are and sometimes aren't, depending on what is being sold

I always say thanks though

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Protein bar chat:

Last month costco started selling Fitcrunch bars. They taste lightyears better than anything else. There are also only like 10g net carbs per bar. They are chocolate covered with a peanut butter center. Buy them.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone ever got eye glasses from costco?

Yes, they are cheap. Got frames (oakley) with lenses with foe $38 with insurance. At the eye clinic last time the same thing cost me over $200

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Bought 2 pounds of fresh mozzerella for $5. PBUC

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

i just defrosted and ate over a pound of the 31-40 P&D shrimp in one sitting and i'm going to throw up and i still want more

Try getting frozen shrimp and boiling them (defrost first) until they just turn pink instead of getting the precooked ones sometime. It's a lifechanger

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Do these get bigger every year? Gonna need a uhaul to get these home soon

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Don't buy expensive toner, print stuff off at work like everyone else

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Someone posted in here a while back about how to get sashimi cuts off the salmon filets they sell at Costco.

PBUC.

Has the fresh salmon sold at Costco been flash frozen and thawed? It's not a good idea to eat raw fish that hasn't been frozen first (freezing kills most parasites but not bacteria). Salmon, unlike tuna, may contain worms.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

TheManWithNoName posted:

I just rigged a soda stream (bought at Costco) with a giant co2 tank. I can make seltzer for years

Ok how do i do this

Also best thing to add to seltzer is a dash or two of angustora bitters

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sears used to sell houses, they had a house catalogue and everything.

Yep, I live in what's probably a sears house and across the street from what's definitely a sears house

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Chocolates of the world are back in stock this year. There's some dang idiot that's removed most of the good chocolates and replaced them with crap. Nobody wants pumpkin spice chocolate, snickerdoodle (does not contain any chocolate - white chocolate is not chocolate), and key lime pie flavored chocolate. Get the belgian chocolate box instead.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

GI_Clutch posted:

I bought the Chocolates of the World a few weeks back. Too many of them are milk chocolate. I actually like key lime truffles, but mine only came with a single one. I'm just going to stick to the Sanders Sea Salt Caramels as those are the best.

I miss the dark chocolate with contreau they always used to include before last year

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Taima posted:

Just in time for the holidays, the popcornopolis Zebra popcorn is on sale this month. Literally the best dessert popcorn ever made. Also if you serve it individually in little stoneware bowls or whatever you have on hand it makes an easy, incredible dinner party dessert.

It is SO rich. A relatively small bag weighs 1.5 POUNDS. This stuff doesn't gently caress around. It's the perfect richness to where you just eat a handful or two and you're set.

Warning: do not have the actual bag out in the open at any time. The desire to snack on it will be too great, and you will feel like poo poo after eating way too much of it. Get the bag out, take what you want, and put that poo poo back in the pantry.

I can't buy this poo poo anymore because I can kill a bag in 3 days

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

I've always wondered if anyone who bought that thing was stupid enough to actually fill it with wine or any other liquid and have it collapse under the weight and make a huge mess.

Just fill it with something less dense than water, like pure, sweet ethanol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Virigoth posted:

I need some of that ‘Co sparkling water back on the shelf. My wife keeps buying that Spindrift garbage.

The best sparkling water is you make your own then add a couple of dashes of angostura bitters. I'd be over the moon if they bottled that poo poo.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

My local costco has usda prime brisket for 2.99 a pound. I'm going to fire up the smoker this weekend

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

This year's Costco beef tenderloin:

I was trying to rush to get some over to my friend who just had a baby so I didn't take a picture post-cutting, so here's last year's:

Hot

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Here's a picure of the USDA prime brisket I got for $2.99 a pound at costco and smoked last weekend. It was my first time smoking brisket and turned out amazing. I had to cut it in half so it would fit in my smoker (masterbilt electric with amazen pellet tube - i used applewood pellets). Smoked for 12 hours at 250 degrees (wrapped at 165 degrees and took it out when it reached 203). Did a rub of 1/3 cup course salt, 1/3 cup fresh ground pepper, and 1/3 cup of garlic powder. It had a great bark and was very juicy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

revmoo posted:

My Costco brisket:

poo poo's cash. I've started cutting the point off and smoking it and then making burnt ends, and then cubing the flats to make chili with. I can get like 9 meals out of a $73 Prime brisket which is excellent.

Here's a Costco steak:

Still bamboozled by this whole mechanical tenderizing thing. I'm headed there Tuesday to get a read on how duped I've been.

Nice meats!!!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Wolrd famous potato salads. Also, they don't sell anything smaller at costco.

Are you simply sara?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Taima posted:

Costco has an incredible deal on Glenlivet right now.

A pack of 3 full size bottles: the 12, 15, and 18 year for $99 total.

So good. It also comes in a wack rear end wooden box if you're into that kind of thing (personally it enrages me because it's just complete waste of materials but whatever).

Ahhhh I live in a state that sells its liquor from state owned stores only. That's a dang good deal

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

priznat posted:

Just stick your lips right on the fountain drink dispenser and have at `er

Don't wheez the juice

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

My faith in the church has been shaken, friends. I was out of protein powder, and the 'co had a big ol' tub on sale. This kind:

How bad could it be?

It's loving disgusting. And instead of being white like most vanilla protein powder comes out, it was an incredibly unsettling shade of baby-poop green once I added my almond milk.

I have 25 servings left, and by God I will power through them somehow. I should probably try doctoring it by tossing in a banana or peanut butter powder.

I'm pretty sure Optimum nutrition vanilla is on sale at the 'co. You should get that when you return this.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I've got vision insurance and the frames at Costco are cheap enough that I get them for free. I just end up paying for lens coatings which run about $35. If I were to get frames and lenses at my optometrist's office with my benefits they would run me about $200.

Pro-tip - costco has more stylish oakley and ray ban frames under the glass counter if you want something nicer.

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 3, 2019

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Those costco nut bars will destroy your rear end since they contain arrowroot powder, the same fiber packer that is in fiber one bars. Taste good but I cannot recommend

EDIT its actually Chicory Root Extract and will cause extreme gas

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 14, 2019

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I got a call from costco today because theres a recall on those dukes shorty sausages. The recall is very nonspecific about what was wrong with them. I already ate my whole bag though :ohdear:

Yo if you like snack sticks get stuff from Wisconsin. Ever since I moved to Virginia I learned that nobody outside of Wisconsin (apart from Germany, of course) knows how to make a proper snack stick. These two are the loving king of snack sticks, the landjaeger at places from New York (im looking at you, Wegmans) is absolute trash. Other places like Neuske's probably have great stuff too but I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.usinger.com/deli/landjaeger-1715.html

https://www.wenzelsfarm.com/snack-sticks/spicy/

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

pnumoman posted:

Give it up my friend. South Korea doesn't really like pepperoni, and that looks like a typical Korean pizza.

The only pizza I enjoyed when I lived in Korea was Gino's in Itaewon, but that was a dude deliberately replicating NY style pizza as faithfully as possible.

Gino's Far East

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

It's back! (Spotted at my local costco in Charlottesville, VA)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

Tell me more about ham in a box

I'm a ham in the box
Buried in my salt
Won't you come and shave me?
Shave me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Renegret posted:

I'm fat.

I have no chance of finding pants in my size. Too many hot dogs.

The XL polos fit me great though so I buy them for work.

I'm fat as gently caress and the large polos fit me fine. I can wear the cargo shorts (goes up to a 40) but most of the dress pants only go up to a 38 waist. Anyways a 40 waist 34 inseam pant is hard to find.

brb going to the gym