Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've heard large meaty spiders taste similar to crab or shrimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Taima posted:

In any case the value the average consumer places on a warranty is far higher than the actual value of the warranty.

I mean that's true of all warranties and insurance. Doesn't mean they're a bad idea.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Taima posted:

...What?

It's pretty simple, insurance is great when the thing you're insuring against constitutes a major hardship should that thing come to pass.

For that reason a warranty on a TV is, mathematically speaking, worth very little. It just is. I don't know what else to say.

Totally. Something I learned recently is that Amazon will sometimes do this even if you're out of the return window. I ordered an amp, it broke outside the return window, the merchant basically said tough poo poo, and Amazon just cross shipped a new one no questions ask. They're pretty cool, for being, you know, the devil.

Expected return on you warranty is less than what it costs. Other wise they wouldn't be offered.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The Iberico Bellotta Chorizo and Salami is real good.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Costco no longer sells ribeye caps. Company wide decision.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why are you guys buying this instead of the little chocolate bottles with liquor in them?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Their blue crab dip is good too, but that gets to be an expensive habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

n8r posted:

Went to the help desk, they took my card and printed a duplicate receipt. They were pretty serious about the whole situation.

So they should have a history of all of your purchases right? I bought Turbotax from them once but didn't realize it was just an empty box and threw out my receipt. I brought back the box but they wouldn't let me pick up the disc without a receipt until I e-mailed to corporate and complained.

Also apparently those discs don't have any kind of copyright protection? My friend's dad buys one every year and then physically mails it to him to use after.