Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Went to Costco today to get kitty litter, ended up leaving after spending 180 bux. Good thing THE WIFE wasn't with me, it would have been 300+ easy.

Had the $1.50 sacrament, mustard and kraut. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

I LOVE the Kirkland kitty litter, great stuff.

our savings on kitty litter at costco almost pays for our membership. the little fuckers don't deserve the quality they are getting but what do you do?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
THE WIFE is testing out a new noodle bowl i bought today, pho. i got them for work, but she can be the guinea pig.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

I forget where I heard the quote from, but the entire reason they opened the Iceland one is because a significant percentage of the Newfie sales were to Icelandic fishermen.

Canuckastan forwarding the truth of Costco. Truly the chosen ones.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Went to the Stco today, and spent over 600 Canuckistanian kopecks. Now, I went for glasses, so that was like 400 of it. Didn't have the dog, was with a non-member and didn't want to go through the sacraments with him there and all that. Might have gotten into an argument about ketchup.

PBUC.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I swear to Costco that the savings on cat litter and poo poo paper alone pays for MY WIFE'S membership. Everything else is gravy.

PBUC

And yeah, I buy the jeans. I haven't throw out a pair yet, they last that long. Wish they still had the made in canuckastan ones though.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Out of coffee and kitty litter, going to the 'co tomorrow.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I realize, as I get ready to grace the hallowed halls of Costco, that I am currently wearing 100% Kirkland clothing. Not the shoes though, those are Timberland.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sorry, Montreal style bagels or GTFO. I should head to the local bakery and pick up a 1/2 dozen, then go to Costco and get kitty litter. Fuckin' cats.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Forgive me thread, I have sinned. I thought I had a box of t he 'co litter before I dumped the cat box, yet I didn't. I ended up getting inferior litter at the local grocery instead. May my cats forgive me.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

insulated staircase posted:

purple bag? on sale in the new ad. good stuff.

The stuff we get here is in a white and green box, but it's great. Boxes are super heavy duty as well.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's how it ALWAYS happens.

Oh I need some chicken breast and toilet paper.

Receipt is $175.

Pretty much. Add in cat litter to the first two items and that's the start of every 'tco run for my and MY WIFE.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

naem posted:

There isn't a food item that can't be enhanced with celery/carrots/onions diced and sautéed lightly with a little oil in a pan

Grilled cheese sandwich.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I cross the rainbow bridge that's on that map, will I see my dead pets or Asgard?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

I've told people about their spice isle and many people are like :confused:. People just get set in their routines and forget parts of the store I think.

Their salt & pepper grinders are essential! Also their salt free seasoning mix is great.

In Soviet Canuckistan, for spices I go to Bulk Barn, especially if I'm doing an Indian dish, so I don't have stuff going stale. I just buy as much for the dish that I need. Bulk Barn, Princess Auto, and Costco are the holy trinity up here.

PBUC

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Do you guys know of any decent frozen chicken or fish or stuff like that that won't turn out dry and dead after cooking?

frozen rainbow trout fillets, Kirkland brand, oven at 275f for 12 minutes. we put salt, pepper, a bit of prapika, panko breadcrumbs, and mustard on it, serve it with rice and kale salad, all from the 'co. PUBC.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

what else would you really expect from the costco thread.

9 pages of dog chat (thinking about them dogs).

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

That just means you savor the flavor of the dog.

PBUC

I can dig that.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

The time is nigh. This box has been a part of my life for years. The exaltation I shall feel as I pull the last sheet will be life changing. PBUC

We have a box of cling film from Costco that moved with us 9 years ago.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Supreme Allah posted:

They finally had the Xbox elite controllers back in stock (for $119 vs the 149 plebs pay) so I got one. It seems nice. Not sure how to use these paddle thingies.

you can assign the paddles to be the face buttons so you don't have to move your thumb off the stick. I never got used to it (honestly never really tried).

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

saaaaaaaaaaaame. I bought one pack of three, then realized I needed like 10 more. So I went back to Costco the following week and they were all gone.

Ended up getting them at K-Mart for six bucks a pop, which isn't the worst price but they're not as good.

What are these storage containers?

PBUC

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

No! Not at all. Just broil them on tin foil for max crispiness. Just watch them and adjust cooking as such. Its pretty painless.

If you use parchment paper, it's less greasy, and probably cheaper.

PBUC.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

I forgot what other food tastes like. There is no end in sight. Please send help and/or a 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and soda (with refill)

You will be missed.

Just got back from the 'Co. Only went for a few things, 200 Canuckistanian kopecs later...

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Bad cop thread is reporting it was a cop btw. Discuss that aspect there if interested.

PBUC, ACAB.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's a Japanese Charcoal BBQ Konro Grill. And it's some hella of a way to grill. I'll tell ya hWhat.

They use them on MasterChef Australia all the time.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fair_Winds posted:

I'd prefer a sale on Rope, Stepladders, and a ceiling fan. Bundle and save.

Nope, mega guillotine.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spoondick posted:

pepperoni is greasy as gently caress... i remember one time i was delivering pizza and we had a double pepperoni pizza on sale... i put one of the boxes on top of my car while i was getting stuff situated and it left an orange puddle on top of my car despite having wax paper underneath the pizza in the box

I'm glad I live where I do, ya'll have poo poo pepperoni where you at. But we have 3 different companies started from the same Polish family that fight to make the best pepperoni. There was a 4th that didn't survive. (They sell one of them in Costco around here).

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Got some of the costco wildcaught sockeye fillets and also their farm raised trouts.

MY WIFE and I always has the trout in the freezer, it is so convenient. PBUC.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

Does anyone else speedrun Costco during the pandemic or is it just my weird brain?

I do the same thing, only what's on the list, avoid the center isles and the electronics. GTFO.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hah. It's unique to me. I made a crack in the mod forum about the proliferation of tags and used ~*~radical bagel krew~*~ as an example of a random tag. Just some dumb bullshit I pulled out of my hat to make a point.

At which point Literally A Bird whipped this up and it was on my av the next time i logged in. I love it.

Montreal or NYC though? That's important.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Honey crisps or sweet tangos or GTFO!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

secular woods sex posted:

Just break your oven so you can open the door when the clean cycle runs!

Alex French Guy Cooking did that on Youtube so he could get his oven hot enough to cook pizza correctly.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I used a Braun series 9 and likes it fine. Switched to wet shaving with DE blades though.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Wow neat I just discovered that costco.ca online has a lot of anker stuff like the usb-c plugs for prices way better than amazon! Sweet.

How are the anker cordless vacuum and roomba clones? Interested in both of those.

Oh, man, I have like one anker usb-c cable and it's my favorite one I own. I'll have to look into that. I don't even know where I got it!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

The green slot? It's not very deep. The instructions that came with it was one quick start sheet with like 6 steps on it. I had to look up the manual online.

Did you role the edge over on the bag before you put the meat in? Sometimes the liquid or fat from the meat can cause issues with vacuum sealing.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I have bad news about cheap thighs, China has started accepting chicken from the US, and guess what, they are basically mostly interested in the thighs, unlike NA, so the price of them are going to go through the roof. Get them cheap while you can, and vacuum bag them up. PBUC!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like dr. Pepper the most

Same.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Kirkland Signature Irish Lasagna

Also knows as scalloped potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

I know a guy who is a total Muskovite and insists the Cybertruck is going to beat out the Ford F150 electric.

The electric F150 being able to be a battery pack for you house will sell tons. Plus they deal with the church around here. PBUC.