Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I bought them. Once. Long story short im now blind.
Have you tried taking off the sunglasses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Male Tears posted:

Really pleased with the seaweed salad in the refrigerated section; the only problem is that it's pretty expensive (like $10 a pound). I've repeatedly tried to make it myself from scratch and it never comes out like restaurant-quality.
the container's about 2 pounds, so it's more like 5 or 6 per pound. Doesn't seem that expensive to me, I mean, how much of that stuff do you eat in a sitting? Stuff's pretty salty

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smashing Link posted:

We have 2 kids and frequent our local Costco for diapers. Another good thing to get is their pesto, or as my son calls it "green sauce". Little fella won't touch marinara sauce since he's gotten a taste of the green stuff. My only complaint.
if you want him to stop give him pea guacamole instead one day

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

It blows my mind that there is actually a store behind the Costco Hot Dog stand that you don't need a membership to purchase from. poo poo, I'd pay a $1.50 to spin that onion dispenser into the trash for a minute or two.
only some locations have the hot dog stand outside

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

No. You can get hot dogs at any location without a membership.
yeah but you need a membership to get in or else the feeble old man at the door might say something.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

I feel bad for you and whatever hell you live in.
I feel bad for you who will never experience the joy of the crowded indoor costco food court where an old chinese man dozes off and leans on your shoulder while you eat your wiener

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

whattyameanbuddy? :shrug:

With my $0 membership fee (I don't have a membership, remember???) I can spend as long as I want lambasting in the glorious depravity known as the Costco Food Court.

EDIT: It's for the hot dogs dummy.
oh, by the way you were phrasing it earlier I thought you were at one of the outdoor food court costcos

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My Costco has the calorie count next to the food items so I never get anything because it would make me feel like garbage
why? for a few bucks you don't even have to eat again for one or two days!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wtf. my costco has never had this. who do I complain to

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm glad my Costco has been serving Chilli with beans at the food court, that poo poo's good.
Between this and the bulgogi bake, I was happy before with my Costco's food court, but I gotta tell them to step it up

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meydey posted:

Pretty sure they are still Kosher, but yeah they use the Kirkland dogs now.
The meat plant is in Mira Loma, CA and make hot dogs for US/Canada.

Don't ever go to a Canadian Costco food court. Jacket Potatoes, Meat Sandwich, Poutine
Costco-sized poutine?? :stare:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the 2 pound brick of kerrygold Dubliner cheese is so goddamned good

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

mix that poo poo into some freshly scrambled eggs :yum:
the dubliner mixed with smoked gouda is awesome for mac and cheese.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That thought did not become reality. Though it pushes me to attempt this for a solid lunch tomorrow.
GBS goon project: Buying a hot dog from Costco

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You do realize you can drink without straw in case of emergency, right?
Are you seriously suggesting mommy's little gum-gum should risk getting a hot-hot owwie in his mouthy???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Cubelodyte posted:

How can a butcher not know what tri-tip is? :confused:
Blessed are we in California who get tri-tip, but in a lot of other states the part that would be "tri-tip" are just parts of other cuts

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jamoncorona posted:

Now instead of the hot dog, have the bratwurst (usinger's, made in Milwaukee) with the kraut. I feel sorry for plebs that have to make due with polish sausages instead.
you get loving brats at costco food court!?!?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jamoncorona posted:

[quote="a hole-y ghost" post="471769861"]
you get loving brats at costco food court!?!?

drat

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

clamiam45 posted:

Today I scoped out the "competition" lol. $1.75 is a joke.

yeah but how big is that dog

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Well friend, let me tell you about Costco's return policy

EDIT:

Fresh adventure begins today!!!!:

:wth:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

rezatahs posted:

i'm going to the bx!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the mean lunch lady posted:

Hit up the 'stco to pick up a few things and of course got my dog (they were redoing the food court)

smalldog

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

Can't believe how overpriced this store is

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FecLives posted:

I'm an Ingram scumbag

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Got to Costco at 7 AM today only to find out the warehouse doesn't open 'til 10 AM :whitewater:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

Just went to pick up one of these mythical $5 rotisserie birds, and there were NONE. Zero.

You've let me down, Costco thread. I was so mad I left without a dog.
No no, you just have to wait for like 5-10 mins and they put out more, they're constantly keeping those things going

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

Costco 4 life yo.

I see a lot of talk about the blessed Hot Dog and 20oz soda (with free refills) but I have yet to see mention of Costco Shrimp Cocktail. It's not as cheap as it used to be but still mighty delicious. My pro move is to get a dog for lunch and pick up a Shrimp Cocktail to save for dinner.
Huh. I haven't actually tried the shrimp cocktail yet. Thanx for the rec :thumbsup:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:smoobles:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smoobles posted:

2 people going through a gallon of milk is kinda difficult unless those 2 people are a bit gross, not judging
what if you're using most of it to make cheese

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

I go to the 'co weekly but I'm in a weird situation where I get off work at 3pm and one is a five minute detour on my way home. If I had to go when everyone else does and it took more than five minutes to drive to I'd go way less.
You are blessed, my friend.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I loving looove their parmigiano reggiano wedges, they get us the best part of the wheel.
Yes :pray:

Over There posted:

Thinking about getting a membership...
Do it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gravitee posted:

Was just at Costco, I miscalculated how much money I had on me so I was putting back two outfits I had for Clara, the lady in line behind me bought them for her & told me to give her a hug from her ❤❤
What does this mean.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Better there than on the shelf of some Chinese or Russian robber baron or some Arab sheik who doesn't even drink

The wealthy Costco shopper is the best case scenario for that bottle
Where do you live where costco isn't jam packed with rich chinese, russians, and arabs??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ate a polish dog :cool:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:
:wth:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

$4 was cheap compared to rest of the island prices. A little wiener Iceland dog was at least 4.50 everywhere else. The Iceland Costco food court didn't have a onion roller thing though.

edit: the rotisserie chicken was $12. About in line with everything else.
still :911:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I thought kronor was Swedish and Iceland has isk?
iceland has teenagers :whitewater:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

Beef Ribs and Pork Belly from Costco:

:worship:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Had one of these things yesterday with behind the counter kraut pilled high, also got a chicken bake to go, drat things are delicious.
getting a dog to eat first is a pro move, if you go bake only that things gonna scald the heck out of your palate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meydey posted:

Call me a heathen but if I was in the UK, I would skip the dog and do the cottage pie and jacket potato w/chili.

Note: Going to BC next month, will get Costco poutine. Will be in the UK in Sept, gimme that cottage pie!
costco sized hunk of cottage pie for three bucks fifty?? yes please :yum: