Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.
Sugar in chili? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:stare: You feed your kids 10lbs of hot dogs a week? I mean, sure Kirkland Brand Hot Dogs are wonderful.... but I think you may be unknowingly murdering your children. Check out the produce section maybe.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

Let the KIDS!! eat what they want!!

(No don't that's like sodium poisoning)
Theres a different reason, that everyone is snickering at that post.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Helpimscared posted:

Isn't Costco one of those stores where you need to like pay, to be able to pay them?
You are thinking of another place, friend. Costco is the place where you pay to partake in a transcendent experience where you commune directly with the spirit of America :911:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't think I've ever had to return something to costco. I don't know if that means I'm lucky or unlucky because I'm unable to provide valuable feedback to the hallowed 'Stco.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Xaris posted:

its kinda weird. like a trader joes margarita pizza is $3.99 and is like 14 oz, but seems huge and 1k calories for the whole thing and i can only eat half. but costco pizza slices are apparently 11 oz and 700 but don't seem that big at all. idk i mean they're filling for lunch but i don't think i'd want to split one unless i already ate.

its a pizza mystery
dude costco single order slices are like 1/6 of a costco pizza, they're thick, and have probably half a pound of cheese on them. If they don't seem big to you something's up

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheManWithNoName posted:

Don't tell me you'd take a chicken bake over a burger!
Chicken bakes are good, scuzznuts. PBUC

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh he probably just ate like 5 lb of raw ground beef waiting in line

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

reap the bounties of the Stco where possible, friend! A cup of sauerkraut, a mound of raw diced onion, and dollops of ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, deli mustard, and relish will do your dog fine.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SpookyTurtle posted:

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great membership warehouse club Costco is across town. Go and get a hotdog with soft drink and refill for $1.50. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I work at Costco.”

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

A lot of chicken bake slandering blasphemers in this thread... Shameful

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

I want them to be 2/3rds the size.
bring a friend and share the bounty of the 'Stco.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

A half isn't enough. It's nice of you to think I have a friend.
Darn.. this is a real conundrum. Share 1/3rd of it with the inevitable lonely asian senior citizen hanging around the food court with a shopping cart?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

alternatively: split the bake into thirds. Eat one third now. Put the left third in your left pocket. Put the right third in your right pocket.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kiranamos posted:

One time I bought some canned buffalo chicken from Costco and it tasted bad. When something is bad at Costco it stings twice as hard. I think there's a psychological term for that, you know like the Costco effect or something? I still think Costco is really good though.
I know the one you're talking about. It was bad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

limpy wimpy posted:

Am I the only one that remembers the original chicken bake? It had bacon, green onions, and ranch inside and was stuffed loving full. This was about 12-13 years ago...
the ones at mine are still like that

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is this actual foreign food or is this some horrible American frankenstein creation
I don't know but it reminded me, yesterday I convinced my grandpa that all the japanese fled to mexico after the japanese war of the 1940s and so now the japanese are all mexicans and speak spanish.

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 9, 2017

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

he was like "yeah!! we drove em out! we drove em out!"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

1 hundo milli sweet lil hotties a year? thats a PBUC! +refill
Don't call the Kirkland dogs "lil." That's blasphemy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

I know that I'LL be REFILLIN' this cup, if ya know what I mean ;)
:blush:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

Woah dude, how did they get in,? There is no Costco in Germany, can you purchase a 1-day membership or whatever?
The faithful find a way.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Geoj posted:

The store I frequent told me they were all made ahead of time so there's no customization allowed.

OTOH it was less than an hour to close so that could have been a factor.
it differs by warehouse I think; one near me used to make the pizzas to order but changed a few years back so no more customs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

heres a pro move:

Park car at Costco. Order a piping hot pizza pie over the phone from the foodcourt. Shop. Retrieve pie post shopping.
this is a good costco strat, I do it regularly :cool:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Please, friends—it is of utmost importance that children are exposed to the glory of Costco from an early age. You must learn to abide their trespasses for the good of the next generation.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

picked up a 5.5lb pack of ribeye steaks from costco and had a nice dinner :yum: Steaks for the weekend!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quote:

Such freedom is truly a national treasure worthy of our patronage.

This guy gets it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I've got to level with you guys. I think the rotisserie chicken at Costco is too salty.

I know, I know. But I did find out a few years ago that I'm a 'super taster' so I can blame that right
Costco has seen fit to brine the birds strong, true. But this is for a greater good—the brine renders the chickens juicy and moist even through reheating and repurposing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

The greek yogurt is so good because all I'm harvesting right now are cucumbers and dill sprigs, meaning my food pyramid is full of tzatziki. :getin:
incidentally you can sculpt a nice food pyramid out of chilled tzatziki

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

Converted to the faith last week.

Wasn't going to buy anything (the cupboards are full) but ended up walking out with a pressure cooker, towels, salt beef brisket, and a 6 pack of malbec.

Need to find somewhere in my flat to hide a chest freezer, then return.
Welcome, brother! :pray: :pray:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Former DILF posted:

from my experience it seems to have something to do with the heat of a larger screen so if you have AC blasting at it or you don't watch tv all day you probably won't have the weird color scrambling issues i've been seeing at work

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Taima posted:

You're arguing with me about this specific point when you obviously have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever.

Let me draw a quick parallel for you, ok?

"Hard tack, when packaged appropriately, can keep for years. Therefore no one should care how old their bread as long as it's under 3 years old"

I hope this analogy leads you to a richer understanding of this complex and nuanced topic.
Midniter, what this guy is trying to say is that he wants the "D."

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

I feel like a dog & chili is a valid option, especially if you split the chili with someone. The only thing better than a Costco dog is a Costco chili dog.

I will admit that I usually get the bratwurst instead of a dog, though.

PBUC
I wish mine had the bratwursts :sigh:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like dicing up a parmesan bagel and frying it up in an omelette

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Went to Costco expecting a slow store but forgot it was Good Friday. Place was packed. Luckily all lanes were open so checkout was fast.

I would have had an even better time IF THEY GOT RID OF THE SAMPLE TABLES THAT CAUSE 90 PEOPLE TO ABANDON THEIR CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE TO SAMPLE A TINY AS PIECE OF CHEESE THEY WILL NEVER BUY

I really really hate the sample tables.
if you go on weekend mornigns when they open there aren't any sample tables open, usually. That's what I did today :pray:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

costco chuck roast, 24 hours later:

chuck roast, 18 hours at 137, went in with just salt, finished with salt/pepper/garlic powder and seared in ghee

extensively trimmed the original roast and then tied it with twine

pretty incredible. tenderness of prime rib.
holy heck

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Please Mods. Destroy rear end.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

stealie72 posted:

The heart may die before the rear end.
Heaven's Cheesy Gate

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

what, your food court offers fries??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

Maybe he's Canadian, where you need fries for poutine?
oh, that would make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

a cookie can never be too soft

feed me straight motherfucking cookie dough honestly
same but gay cookie dough