Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BLARGHLE posted:

Also, it'll get up and go when it has to. Nothing can really compare to the roar of eight big cylinders pumping their way towards 100, which is sadly what it as governed at.

But enough about your mom.

I lived in the motherland of Kirkland, WA for a few years. Costco is awesome. They finally opened one here in WI where I live and I signed up a week before they opened the doors. I have a Walmart/Sam's Club maybe 1/5th the distance away but gently caress them in their stupid loving asses. I'll go far out of my way to get better food/stuff and knowing that my money is going to people who can live off of their wages and not cut employee hours to 39.5 just so they don't get benefits (happened to my sister). gently caress them.

I don't like Walmart.

I was very much looking forward to getting some tri-tip steaks which were super cheap in Seattle and extremely good. Yeah, no one has even heard of tri-tip here. Butchers don't even get them. How the gently caress is that even possible? Like.... seriously.

The Kirkland Organic olive oil is real. Most olive oils sold in the US are a mix of a bunch of different olive oils from different regions and even have rapeseed oil/other crazy poo poo in them. Costo is the real deal.

Well, I need gas and I wouldn't mind a hotdog for $1.58. Hmmm.... maybe I should come up with a grocery list that I don't need just to go there.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just went to Costco. Got cheaper gas and a hotdog and 20oz soda. Ended up spending $100 though. Walked by some 12 year Glenlivet and had to throw it in the cart.

No cart crashing issues. Old people are too slow. They can't drift their carts.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

But enough about your mom.

Come on guys, that was a good one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ Hell yeah

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you just go for just staples then it's already amazing.

I go there for other things of course but I go maybe every few months for toilet paper/paper towels/kleenex, etc.

I still have some of my toilet paper left (Kirkland, 2-ply, good stuff) that I bought a couple months ago. 30 rolls for maybe $15.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tomato Burger posted:

For a second I thought you were referring to actual staples and thought, "yeah, their office supplies are pretty cheap." A good place to buy markers or canned air if that's your thing.

I bet they have a pack of 100,000 staples for like $5.

I was looking for the word essentials, but staples came out first.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VendaGoat posted:

People ITT desperately attempt to justify shopping at an exclusive club, because they are better then everyone else.

Exclusive club lol. This isn't a loving super expensive country club where you have to get sponsored or something.

Pay $50, make up that $50 after going there a couple of times.

Sorry dude. This isn't an elite club. Sam's club exists (which you have to pay for) and it's still filled with Walmart degenerates.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uli2000 posted:

My nearest Costco is 220 miles away, but gently caress it, once every month or two we load up the kids, get a hotel, have fun on day one, wake up the next morning, fill the SUV up at Costco, and head home. Mucn better quality than we get at the lovely market in our one horse town.

This dude deserves a loving medal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The show was called Supermarket Sweep

I used to love that show.

VendaGoat posted:

I told you; Get Money, gently caress Bitches. I will not repeat this again.

I told you; Get Money through the great savings at your local Costco, gently caress Bitches by using that money you saved at your local Costco. I will not repeat this excellent quality $1.00 Hotdog and 20oz drink again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The gently caress are you guys on about watches?

$10 for the Terrorist Watch.

poo poo works. If desert combatants like it, it's gotta work. I just got one. It shows me the time which is just crazy.

Also Toyota trucks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, yes, people with money make more of it, we all know that. How do you make your first million and make the other boys accept you?

Well, when you inherit your first 10lb bag of frozen chicken, you divide it into securities which are then sold by the executive card members. They then split those securities among the 30 packs of paper towels or tissues depending on the market. Then your frozen chicken equity builds and you can use that equity to buy 5lb frozen California Blend vegetables. After those mature, you can sell all dividends, buy even more 10 packs of Clorox Bleach, divide into securities, and finally enter the wide open GOLD member market.

Bam, you just saved your first million by shopping at your local Costco.

It's a toilet paper market right now though, so things are slow but very stable.

I have no idea what any of these financial words mean or how to use them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Seashell Salesman posted:

I live in the actual Kirkland, like from the pictures on the packaging. AMA.

Are you white, have 1+ roommates but still can't afford anything, and work at a call/service center or any temp agency whatsoever?

I lived in Kirkland for a few years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

Yeah don't buy the charmin. You get much much more bang for the buck with the Costco tp and it's like wiping your fat goony hemmeroided rear end with silk too

Can confirm. It's excellent. I was skeptical at first, but it was easy on the ol' butt.

Doctor J Off posted:

My roommate made cookies from a bucket of Costco cookie dough last night. They were okay.

Also Aldi is great with better prices then Costco you bourgeois

The Aldi near me is about the size of convenience store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can do this with Kirkland Brand toilet paper. poo poo's legit. (haha)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No, it's art.

Also, where are you? We have about 8" of snow on the ground. I should have gone to Costco to stock up on beer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you draw this?

No another goon did quite a few years ago I think.

I have zero drawing skills with computer. Even this is far beyond my capabilities.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ Yeah, you have to be more careful with septic systems. I moved into my house a year ago (city) and started using wet wipes and never had a problem. I just use 1 max though just because that's what it says on the box. Actually, I have completely filled that toilet with poo poo to an astonishing amount and that thing still wouldn't clog. Crazy.

Swipe right dude.

I think her cross is broken though.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 17, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mons Hubris posted:

What are some good frozen Costco things that make for a quick work lunch besides the yakisoba and chicken bakes?

They have tons of poo poo in the realm of good frozen stuff. I just picked up these spinach and mozzarella stuffed raviolis. I boiled half of the bag and added alfredo and some other spices and it took about 20 minutes. Just that gave me 3 dinners. With the other half I'm going to use what the directions say which is to just toss them with olive oil and a spice pack that comes with it (not a ramen type spice pack).

That ravioli was probably $12.

GORDON posted:

If the christians use a cross, and the satanists use an upside down cross, what the hell does a sideways cross mean?

She's bitheist.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
nm, not opening this can of :can:.

I still have a bunch of CFLs in the box from Costco.

A++++++ Would save energy again.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 18, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Its loving great how a retailer can get people to identify strongly with it even in a funny hilarious cool ironic way. very good and healthy

That happens when you are a good company with good products.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

deadkiller615 posted:

Bernie knows whats up

:dukedog:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Glazier posted:

Not bad, mine had some basic 4K HDR LG's for $899, shits awesome.

Last year (man, prices have dropped since then) I got a Vizio 55" 4K Smart TV for about $800-900 or so. I'm quite pleased with it. I got it from Costco of course.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EvilJoven posted:

Like hell I'm letting something as small as snow covered trails get in between me and the great savings and selection at Costco.

Costco hero right here folks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I somehow randomly ran into my aunt tonight and she said she was on her way to Costco for the first time. She got her membership yesterday.

:allears:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a plasma once and there was what looked like red areas burning into the TV after it was on for a while. That think really sucked.

Now I have an LED from Costco. Loving it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was flipping through the guide on my TV and saw the word Costco so I turned it on. It was Dr. Oz. They did a walkthrough of the food that they prepare in-house (like bakes and poo poo). They couldn't find anything wrong with them so he apparently likes Costco which immediately made me second guess all of the decisions I've made in my life. :smith:

But no! No one will take me from my Costco. Looking at it in a different light, if a charlatan hack even likes Costco, then it must be magical. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love those. I have a normandy blend in my freezer right now.

Awesomely easy way to add vegetables to your meal. Grab a few handfuls, throw in pot, heat up, stuff into face.

Welcome to my belly. I love you.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
25 minutes is nothing. Do it man. You know you want it. Don't you want it? Don't you WANT IT?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdeiOeBHxY

Democrazy posted:

Costco is okay loving awesome if you like filling your home with enough toilet paper and cereal to entomb yourself build forts

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VendaGoat posted:

Costco, some white bitch thinks it's a "whole foods".

AMIRITE?

You're obviously not a member of the Costco Youth.

:frogout:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We have a anti-costcometic in here. Someone call the ACLU.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My Costco closes at like 8pm or something. It sucks when you need toilet paper at 7:45pm.

But then again, each TP purchase lasts about 6 months.

:grin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is true. Very true.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Still 6 months (maybe 3 I don't loving know). Costco is that good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't know much about those things but don't they make it easier to poo poo or something? Like less strain. I thought they were based on Japanese toilets or something like that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have one but don't use it but their credit card is really good as well. It's like 2% back on anything Costco, possibly even on gas, and maybe 1% for everything else anywhere.

They are paying you to shop there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus Christ why am I not using this card?

Eh, probably laziness. Instead of taking the money out directly from my bank I'd have to pay another bill.

I am an idiot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mons Hubris posted:

For travel and restaurants you should really be using the Chase Sapphire Reserve though....

Yeah but gently caress chase.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I really want a Costco hotdog right now. My fridge is empty and I've been eating subway every other day because it's close and nothing else in between. I really should get, like food or something but I've been far too depressed.

I wish Costco delivered hotdogs. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd rather use the Kirkland Brand taxi service.