Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I bought a Vitamix (marked down $70) and a small mountain of vegetables and berries at Costco today. I’m a smoothie boy now and it feels great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Does every Costco have a markdown or clearance shelf? Or like returned items clearance? It’s supposed to be the best deals in the warehouse. I asked at my local store and the guy had no idea what I was talking about, but I read a lifehacker article about it being an in-n-out style secret shelf.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I did it friends, i upgraded to executive. Apparently i spent a bit less than $4k in the previous year. Where does it even go.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My gf was talking about having kids last week, so I took her to Costco around 5pm thunderdome time. The warehouse itself, full of screaming toddlers and exasperated parents, is effective birth control. PBUC.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I grabbed the early Black Friday Samsung 58" TV deal for $379, along with a 4k Apple TV. Just ridiculous compared to the 1080 shitbox from college I've had for 15 years. PBUC.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I almost got a rotisserie chicken, but feel like it’s safer to skip the cart so I’m not tempted to buy a ton of extra stuff.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My Costco added self checkout. Is this new thing across the country? It wasn’t there about 2 weeks ago.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Probably. Costco uses nitrogen gas so if you got your tires installed a Costco you need to go back to Costco or another place that has nitrogen to get them topped off. You shouldn't mix with regular air.

If you absolutely have to, like if one tire is low, it’s ok to mix. But they recommend you get it evacuated and refilled as soon as you can. I think it slightly unbalances or wears unevenly if you have one air and one nitro tire. Or maybe air/nitro mix heats up faster? I received free nitro for a year when I bought a new car, and it was a legit 2 mpg difference when I finally got new tires without nitrogen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is early morning the better time to go nowadays? Every time I drive past costco in afternoon, there’s a line of dozens of people waiting to go in.

I went two weeks ago and they had zero chicken. That was unnerving.