Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

tacosupreme posted:

following the threads advice and a love of jerky I got three bags of the golden island pork bbq jerky and it's actually sweeter than i'd like. should have read the nutrition facts before buying over 3 lbs, 10g sugar/ounce is kind of a lot.

the kirkland brand protein bars are so incredible, though.

Isn't an ounce only like 25 grams? So...I hope you enjoy your meat-flavoured sugar?

My housemate went to Costco recently. Brought back a pallet of toilet paper, a bunch of other things, and a bag of suspiciously large onions. Hey, if this is what American-style GMO food is, I'm not complaining.

Also, if you like jerky, you should hunt for a Turkish shop and buy Pastirma. It's more...intense than jerky, and not quite a snack substitute. But ohhhhhh it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Hey, you know what Costco needs, what Costco REALLY NEEDS???

It needs to stop taking my housemate's rent money and leaving me in the lurch.

It's often a bargain, but not always.

She spent AU-$500 (US-$377-something) on mostly poo poo. I'm looking at the paper receipt right now.

Like breakfast bars and icecream and blueberries. loving blueberries! She spent $10, of rent money, on a luxury that costs $4 down the street if you walk for a couple of minutes! And what else do I have here: snack bars, snack items, overpriced vegetables, frozen food, bread. Oh and WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?!?

$70 port?!?! From loving Costco? When she's behind on rent??????

I'm feeling this should be an E/N.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Repossess her goodies until she pays!! That port is yours!

She is a borderline hoarder, I already repossessed the most valuable of her goodies (a 2015 Cabernet/Malbec) when I used up the last of my contacts dealing with her poo poo. It was buried under a foot of soiled clothing. Literally.

But yeah, in interest at least, her booze is mine!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

Eggs are actually a good way to lose weight.

Spinach and egg scrambles e'rry day.

Sounds nice. Unfortunately I'm boycotting eggs since the chickens here are boiled to death once they stop laying.

Costco does seem to be a good place to get cat food too. Ooh, I bet that's where all the gubbins and "bits" from the dead boiled chickens get sent!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

Soil differences ect ect ect can absolutely change the flavor of things.

There's a significant trend that I am obligated to say is not-fascist in any way, for people to buy products that are ultimately sourced, or at least processed, in their own country. Yep, definitely no mercantilism or fascism or isolationism involved, yes.

I mean, sure certain regions are bad for growing certain crops. And, when you get down to it, no country is self-sufficient. But there is a very real trend for people buying overpriced food produced in their own regions rather than imported food from certain foreign areas that can produce it in far greater quantity and with far less environmental impact, even accounting for transport costs.

Isn't it just fun how xenophobia has hijacked hipsterism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

Sir this is the Costco thread....

Oh, sorry. Um...I personally welcome our new American overlords?