Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
popping in to say that I recent moved to a city with a Costco and pretty much immediately got a Costco membership and then spent too much money on food and random stuff. hot dog and drink was of course amazing but no onions?? I was excited to dump a buttload of onions on my dog only to get to the window and find out no onions. also got a $10 pizza for dinner one night. good poo poo. next time I'm there, i'm gonna try the chicken bake for lunch. i had no idea they were so big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
a few free samples at costco today and condiment pumps outside too. no onions still :argh:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Celery salt is visible at least, but those onions look cooked and it’s missing the sport peppers. Come on, Wikipedia!

serious question: where can you buy sport peppers? i've never found them in stores. i recently moved to california, anyone know of stores that might sell them?

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've seen them at Cost Plus World Market. Alternatively, Amazon

sweet, I'll check there. thanks

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector 34 posted:

Costco was out of the kirkland sparkling waters again, so I got this 24 pack of la croix with watermelon, hibiscus, and lemoncello flavors. Oh my god, the lemoncello is loving vile. I wonder if they'd let me return just those 12 (11 now I guess) cans.

lemoncello is definitely the grossest la croix flavor

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yall are looking at the newest Executive Member. no longer a Gold Star sucker. now i'm a Executive sucker who spends too much money at Costco. they took me aside when checking out today to say I've spent enough money where it's better for me to upgrade. paid only $45 for it. 2% rewards now baby

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
My Costco had a big thing of Dowdle puzzles but no Costco one... so disappointing. Also they didn't seem to have vinegar? I've bought big jugs of vinegar there before but looked like they weren't even stocking it. cmon man. unless it's in some weird spot not by the food stuff

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

My dog demolishes these things in about 3 minutes so I didn't buy, but fyi for the discerning dog owner

saw them the other day and HAD to buy it. the card one says Executive Dog :3:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Got Moderna Boostered plus a 4-pack of Martinelli's for thanksgiving and a 5-pack of deodorant that was on sale. PBUC

e: did see a dumb old guy in a Patriots hat with a "Let's go Brandon" mask on. should be allowed to desecrate costco grounds with that poo poo

Poopelyse fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 20, 2021

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cross-Section posted:

friendship ended with pumpkin pie

now olive tapenade is my best friend

bless

:yum:

god I love olive tapenade. haven't had this Costco one yet but Trader Joe's has a really good one

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

bird with big dick posted:

I know meat prices are poo poo right now but 9.99 for choice tri tip seems especially poo poo. In the before times I got untrimmed tri tip for $1.99 a pound on sale.

I usually put a dry rub on them and stick a temp probe into them and grill them to medium rare.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016919-grilled-or-oven-roasted-santa-maria-tri-tip

in a similar vein, there was a meat guy putting out ground turkey packs (and half of them in the cooler looked grey and nasty). I said to my wife "$6 a pound, that's not worth it" and the meat guy looked at me and chuckled. no idea if he was agreeing with me about the price or if he thought I was being ridiculous. went to Ralph's and they had $3/pound ground turkey

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

My mom just found covid antigen tests on Costco website
Just a heads up if it helps anyone

dang, I was too slow. says Out of Stock for me now

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Soul Dentist posted:

Anybody have a good chili verde recipe? Last time I just braised pork shoulder in 505 and chicken stock and served it with white beans. It felt like it was missing something (besides a whole burrito smothered underneath)

Not chili verde but this salsa verde fron Alton Brown is :kiss:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/silky-salsa-verde-7415725

I add in a habanero for some heat. You can also leave out the xanthan gum if you don't have any.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

I bought a dumb robot vac and while it “works” I really wish I would have bought one with room mapping. The drat thing gets stuck all the time and I have to move it with the app.

same. I have a Shark one and it just bumbles around bumping into poo poo like an idiot and gets scared of sun beams. but it manages to pick up a lot of dust and pet hair off the floor

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i know theres been plenty of posts about buying appliances from Costco but something I haven't seen - does anybody know what the lead/delivery time is like? I need to buy washer and dryer for the new house (obviously won't order til after we close on the house) and wondering if I should plan for like 2 weeks to get them delivered or just a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Thwomp posted:

It really depends how busy they are. They say to expect 2-3 weeks for delivery but my washer/dryer were delivered in just over a week.

pentyne posted:

When people have posted about Costco and getting appliances delivered it hasn't been super positive. I think Costco contracts a lot of that out to third party businesses and it's going to depend on your area for service quality.

ok makes sense. guess just I'll see what happens when the time comes