Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

lol if you live off so much frozen food you need a secondary freezer

I make large batches of stuff (chili, meatballs, burgers, etc) and freeze it, and have vacuum-sealed meat for my sous vide thing.

I could never buy meat at Costco, in the quantities they still, without a freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

IronClaymore posted:

She is a borderline hoarder, I already repossessed the most valuable of her goodies (a 2015 Cabernet/Malbec) when I used up the last of my contacts dealing with her poo poo. It was buried under a foot of soiled clothing. Literally.

But yeah, in interest at least, her booze is mine!

Literally just start taking everything. Congratulations you have a Costco at your house, which is the dream of everyone posting in this thread.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GORDON posted:

I've bought 4 Sherpa throws so far, one small and one king sized for the house, and two small ones as Christmas gifts.

But I think I need one more queen sized one, for me. I have several different places I like to sit and I don't like having to carry a throw from room to room, like an animal.

So, yeah.

Respect yourself and buy yourself a King

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? I’ve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito that’s almost entirely tortilla?

A tortilla made of freshly shorn minks, yes

(also we have a King sized bed, but mostly the tortilla thing)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If ya'll like ramen, check to see if your costco has these http://nissinfoods.com/products/raoh-ramen
My closest warehouse stopped carrying them but some of the other nearby costcos still have it. So drat good. Comes in a black and green box.

Does this exist in different packaging? I'm certain I've bought this brand from Costco but it didn't look anything like this. The product seems to be the same though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There appears to be a secondary market for Sherps around here? How you gonna do the church dirty like that?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

Bury me in sherpa blankets when I die

That which is sherp-clad may never die pbuc

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I wonder how they'd work if I popped 'em in the Anova?

Depends on how long, I've found that some pre-marinated stuff from the grocery can come out really weird and bad in a long cook. If the marinade is fairly neutral and not too garlic-heavy though, it should be fine in a shorter cook.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Test Pattern posted:

I wish I had a freezer.

I legit don't know how you can have a Costco membership without a chest freezer? You know who sells great chest freezers? Costco. They should have a premium membership that comes with one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

For real those frozen mini eclair things are low key one of the best things at church. I only tried them for the first time recently (I've had them at parties for sure but never realized they were a Costco item) and I can't believe I never bought them before.

I only allow myself to buy that or the good potato salad in one trip though, so I alternate.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They raised the price of the good potato salad from $5 to $7. It's still good and I still bought it, but like, begrudgingly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

moolchaba posted:

I have performed the deed that was required of me.

Let it be known that with a contrite heart I have achieved the impossible.

WHAT MORE CAN I DO, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!???

PBUC

Close the thread, we're done here. PBUC

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Theokotos posted:

Tastes better, and on the rare occasion I have cereal I either use powdered milk or I water down the half& half

What the actual hell

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There was one time about two years ago when I was there in the middle of the day and almost all the tables were empty. I ate at the tables and got three refills on that day, and still remember it fondly. PBUC

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Costco fries don't make "real" poutine but crispy fries poutine is still really good. Gravy is on point and the thing is huge.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Have you ever ordered a DAWG and told the cashier that you don't want the drink?

Mods???

E: can any of my Canadian parishioners confirm if our Costco's have these?

https://amp.thisisinsider.com/cheese-wraps-low-carb-at-costco-aldi-2019-1

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Put the dog in the cup, or fill the cup with relish. The world is yours

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not sure if it's the same in the States but the good good Kirkland baby wipes are on sale until the 10th and they're rarely discounted. Just bought two boxes.

Wipe em if ya got em

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

OoooOOOoOoo!

Our son is due April 12. Gotta check these out.

Congratulations! Yeah I've tried other brands of wipes and nothing comes close to the Kirklands. I fully intend to keep buying them after they're potty trained to use on my own rear end.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I grew up in a house where a lota was an option so I'd love a bidet. The wipes are a good intermediate step before I take the plunge, so to speak.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What exactly is the chicken bake? Is it one of those semi-prepared meals situated near the rotisserie chickens that you just have to pop in the oven? I feel like I've tried at least three of those and each time was disappointed I didn't just get the rotisserie chicken instead.

e: actually one time I got a moroccan couscous thing with chicken and that was pretty good, but I've never seen it again in that section.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

naem posted:

it’s a creamy chicken casserole wrapped in bread dough, basically a hot pocket

That sounds real bad but I'd try it once. If it's a snack bar item we definitely don't have it in Canada because I've never seen it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Xaris posted:

taima's only correct opinion in the entire thread

it's really pretty sub mediocre. i'd much rather have a bulgogi bake or poutine or loaded potato or w/e weird poo poo foreign costcos get.

The poutine is really fuckin good, i keep meaning to ask if they stock the gravy they use for it because that's really a cut above most poutines. At least the poutines that aren't sold out of a truck by a French Canadian dude that definitely has a body count in his checkered past

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Do they double fry the fries? That could be their secret to good-rear end fries/poutine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's way late for clementines where I live but i bought a huge bag of them from church last week and goddamn they are good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Leaving aside the other arguments, i think that Costco, or at least Kirkland, is also a well curated bunch of products. I try stuff that I normally wouldn't all the time at Costco because i know that if the Kirkland version isn't good, i probably won't like another brand of that product and the product itself isn't for me.

I might feel differently if i had access to, say, a Trader Joe's or something, but alas, Canada

E: this too. If I'm bothering to get in the car for practically anything these days it's a half hour trip.

SirPablo posted:

This is America. Driving thirty minutes to a destination is a weekly occurrence.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Almonds seem like a weird selling feature of that sauce but ok?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kirkland should start making cars

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

What would the Costco brand model names be though?

Kirkland Crossover (with almonds!)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultraklystron posted:

Those are even better with context though:

New York Fries is a Poutine chain, so it's an American name for a chain serving a French Canadian-ish dish.

NYF does poutine since they have the fries and stuff right there but it's not really known as a poutine place in the way that Smoke's Poutinerie is. Their gravy is awful and to the surprise of no one in this thread, Costco's poutine is easily better.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We replaced our bathroom garbage can with a Diaper Genie (also purchased from Costco, IIRC) and put the wipes in there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone tried the Kirkland knockoff Nutella? My coworker swears it's better than the original and is less sugary but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

the priests were offering communion (the sample people were offering samples) of the Kirkland hazelnut spread on this suuuuuper soft white bread and I think I went back 4 or 5 times. Shameful I know but that poo poo was drat good.

Thanks! I'm interested if so, i think the Kirkland uses sunflower oil instead of palm oil, which is preferable to me both ethically and because my wife is allergic to coconut and coconut products. So far the only nutella-ish product I've found that doesn't use palm oil is some poo poo from Lindt that costs way too much to buy on any regular basis.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Question: are all the component ingredients of the food court items available for purchase from Costco? I'm thinking specifically of cheese curds for my fellow Canadians. I've never seen curds at Costco but maybe I've just missed them or they're in only certain locations?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have what they call a Sherpa hoodie now. It's pile-lined fleece but it is 20 bucks and warm as hell and i am probably not taking this off again until April.

Also got a pair of $40 snow pants and some potato salad. Blessed be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ayndin posted:

How is the potato salad? Every time I see it I think, ‘hey, I could go for some potato salad,’ but then my brain reminds me that 95% of the time store-bought mayo-based salads have about nine pounds of sugar in them and taste like overly sweet garbage, so I never buy it.

It's my go-to product at Costco, I never leave church without it. That being said it's pretty sweet so maybe not for you. When I first started buying it it was five bucks but now it's 7.50 so it might not be something you want to roll the dice on because it's a lot. The container is excellent for holding my kids Legos or, presumably, other things though so it serves a dual purpose for me. My basement is filled with potato salad tubs full of Lego.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The wastes of the Costco parking lot are the trials you must complete before you partake in the sweet bargains contained within. Ain't nothin free except refills

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Could pick up a Costco coffin

Chicken bake wake

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can believe that people would choose the dark path of Sam's Club but I refuse to believe that anyone is proud of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

phosdex posted:

sliced hotdog on iceberg lettuce

I gotta assemble it myself? What is this, IKEA?

If they ditch the polish sausage we're gonna have a problem.