Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Chinatown posted:

youre loving insane if you go today

Today was weirdly peaceful and the first quiet day of the entire week actually. I assume because the wisdom of the crowd was that it would be insane to go today meant the crowd didn't go today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

They are still open in Hawaii :shrug:

I think that's just the time zone difference

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Learned you can pay for your hotdog with the rest of your items at check-out today. There's no point to doing it as you still have to wait in line and show the food court your receipt but you can do it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Costco tip from an employee:
If your costco doesn't carry something you want in stock or stopped carrying something you always get find an employee with a radio and see if you can get them to check inventory. All the section managers have radios and if something gets called in enough times they'll often start putting in orders for it. This is how my store started carrying mattresses.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Fallom posted:

I won’t pick on the samples because in my experience half the people anywhere in Costco are the type to jerk to a sudden and complete stop directly in front of you or leave their cart blocking an entire aisle. I’ve learned to be more aggressive about shoving peoples’ poo poo out of the way.

When I worked at Costco as a Janitor, using the floor scrubber to clean up a spill when the store was open was always a nightmare. People would cut half-a-foot in front of you and the scrubber is actually motorized so it can't stop on a dime. And no matter how stupid they were if they got hit you would be the one crucified by management so it was just a 15 minute anxiety-inducing obstacle course to clean up the frappuccino from Starbucks some jackass brought in from outside.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Noslo posted:

Retail is soulcrushing, even if you're working for one of the good companies like costco.

If they did care, it would only be in the sense of "I hope the bitchy manager doesnt see that, then I'll get a lecture about reminding each customer its 1 per person which the ones who take 3 still wont listen to"

Sample people do not work for Costco, they work for CDS which is an independent contractor that pays less.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

When I went to Hawaii with my family, we went to Costco for lunch on the first day, we sat at the tables. I was very aggravated, because we were in loving Hawaii and eating Costco pizza.

The Costco in Honolulu is actually the busiest Costco in the entire United States. One out every 4 people in Oahu has a membership card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

FCKGW posted:

The Papa Murphy's in our city just closed, they had been open less than a year. There's none in SoCal anymore in fact.

Their pizzas were more expensive than the pre-cooked and delivered places though? Didn't make sense to me.

Papa Murphy's qualifies for food stamps because since you bake it its legally considered a kind-of grocery. Their entire business model is based around this loophole.