Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

ixo posted:

I spent four hundred dollars at costco today, but aside from the bitchin sauce and the stroopwaffels (COSTCO HAS STROOPWAFFELS), I can't remember what I bought. I am currently wearing the container of bitchin sauce like a feed bag for a horse, and I believe I have finally achieved samma vayama, step 6 on the eightfold path

Pray tell what is the brand name of this “bitchin sauce”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

Bitchin' Sauce is the brand name.

Oh. Amazing. Thanks

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

priznat posted:

I have strong incorrect opinions about coconut :colbert:

FTFY

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Chinatown posted:

are they individually wrapped? if so id give these out to trick-or-treaters

My box was not. They’re in three big batches of plastic wrap with a twist tie to seal.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

We bought a king size recently and the cats christened it with a hairball already. That thing is a beast to wash and dry in our stacked washer dryer.

You should probably wash the cat too. Eye for an eye, etc.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Lazyhound posted:

I also have a FlashXpress and can confirm it rules.

:same:

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Is there an up-to-date database of what Kirkland Signatures to avoid cause they're actually awful garbage? I blindly believed Costco = good thus Kirkland Signature = Good as a blanket statement.

I've got this huge bag of Kirkland Signature himalayan salt kettle chips which is like 80% stale even though the expiration date isn't for another 6 to 8 months.

The Kirkland Signature frozen pepperoni pizza is also complete salty garbage.

Take’em back and tell them it’s garbage. If you are the whole pizza then just bag your poo.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Delpino posted:

For those of us whose churches do not have the sauce of Bitchin', we may be able to find it among the heretics. https://www.bitchinsauce.com/where-to-buy

Where do they typically keep it? I haven’t looked hard - but I usually take a passing glance for it.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Today is A5 Wagyu day. I remembered randomly last week that Costco sold A5 Wagyu and I needed a main for Christmas dinner.

Since it’s just my wife, daughter, and SIL, $250 for a couple of Ribeyes seems fine.

I am excited.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Paul MaudDib posted:

excellent, now we can restart the debate over whether a 4oz steak is completely enough if it's wagyu :unsmigghh:

(see also: is it real wagyu if it's an american cow made from stolen sperm?)

In this case, it was overnighted from Japan. Had the customs stickers and so on.

So ya, it’s real Wagyu near as I can tell based on researching the producer.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Trip report on A5 Wagyu: big hit with all 3.5 of us (3 adults and a toddler).

10 out of 10, Would absolutely buy again for a holiday or special occasion.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Thwomp posted:

When you’re ready, get tires. Just got new ones today and it was a steal (compared to tire shops).

I wish I could second this.

Unfortunately, both times my dad or I have bought tires there it’s been such an epic pain in the rear end.

They wouldn’t rotate the tires even though we were within a hundred miles of the designated mileage. They wouldn’t budge on working with us for pricing.

This is at two different Costco’s too - both in TX and WA. I don’t know what the gently caress is up with the tire department but they were a huge pain.

I’ll just go to Discount Tire.

/rant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Xaris posted:

I mean yeah they aren't going to budge on pricing, but they do have sales. That's a weird one to rant about imo. It's not like you can haggle on food items or alcohol just because you're buying 10 vodkas or whatever.

My overall problem is it's just super busy and slow 24/7 and if you don't get there before the store even opens (sometimes tire centers open before the store does) then probably don't bother. that could just be a CA-thing about how busy they are though.

:words:

The pricing thing is minor. It was listed because “rant”. That said, they were the first place I’d been where working a deal on pricing or at least “meet the lowest price” weren’t a thing. I don’t begrudge them that, just in combination with all the other issues we had.

Mostly the pedantic bullshit on rotations and how long it took to get work done were the real kickers.

I just stopped taking tires there for rotation till they wore out. Discount Tire ended up being cheaper in the long run on time and price.

That said - as I mentioned before, it was all rant. If you get good service then by all means.