Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
honey roasted macadmaia nuts are p wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

It's funny we were just posting about office chairs a month back because my 2 year old Costco office chair gave up the ghost and is effectively unusable. Absolutely not worth the purchase price.

Finding an office liquidator with a showroom open to the public is proving difficult and I might have to *shutter* call a few and ask if they're open to the public. Unfortunately I also love going full dad and napping and reclining in my chair so I dunno if a proper office chair is for me and I really don't want to deal with this poo poo right now.

A used/refurbed/liquidated aeron chair is almost always your best bet. Steelcase makes some decent chairs too

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Went to church yesterday to give my city slicker gf a taste of provincial American life. No kirkland signature crew necks, sadly, but we copped a bunch of dried fruit, boba mochis, local IPAs, and some pork shoulder.

We were still so bloated from eating a couple thousand calories of gravy and stuffing and pie last night, so we turned down a chicken bake from the cafeteria on our way out, although we were intrigued. Once I got the car loaded up, I had to pee so I went back in, and got a mfin chicken bake. Insanely dank

The boba mochis are alright too, although I reckon i’ll be sick of them by the time i finish the bag

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
drat, are all the kirkland signature crew neck sweatshirts gone? They don’t seem to be on the site

And no 32 degree base layers in small :argh:

Still gonna cop a puzzle tho

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

As someone who has a mixture of laminate flooring, carpet, and runner rugs, with various pet toys/etc laying around, are roombas viable at all? And I see a pretty huge range of them, are the ones Costco has any good?

Getting the floors at least casually clean automatically would be a great timesaver for me, just not sure how well it’d work and $400 is a lot to throw down on a question mark.

My dad bought two robo vacs last year, a “dumb” eufy and a smart roomba. the eufy is a lot cheaper and frankly works better. Stronger suction action, plus you can control it from the remote which is a ton of fun (especially if you have kids). the smart vac has a habit of getting into the most annoying corners and crevices and I’ve had a very hard time teaching it to avoid my desk where I have a bunch of dangling wires that get caught in it. sometimes it seems like it’s programmed to try and nibble my toes like a puppy, which induces a blinding rage

The dumb vac can clean in a few different patterns, and it does a good job of getting ambient crumbs and hairs off your floors. But you’ll need to prep space before using it: flipping chairs onto counter tops, picking up large objects and discarded clothes off the floor, etc. And you’ll want to be home while doing it to rescue it from inevitably getting stuck or choking on a phone chord.

It beats sweeping the whole apartment every week, but it’s a convenience i wouldn’t pay more than $200 for.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
what should i buy at costco

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
the rugela are really good. enough to make up for my failed attempt to return a sweatshirt. lotta back and forth with a supervisor bc i didn’t get a sticker from customer service for the return before i checked out, and i think they thought i was trying to steal it.

then when i went to customer service the line was half a store width :negative:

still got a hot dog and an extremely syrupy pepsi tho

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
goddamnit i just dropped $300 on meat

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 10, 2022

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Picked up the mint chocolate covered pretzels licensed by the Girlscouts. Pretty good. Kinda creme de menth-y. The mint really hangs in your mouth so if you eat it

also the bags of pre-shredded rotisserie chicken were slimy and salty. I had hard time finding a way to make them yummy. Useful as a post-gym protein blast, but nevertheless blegh

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
dried watermelon?

peee-uuu stinks!