Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Has anybody here who is crapping on gaming chairs actually sat in a gaming chair? I haven't but there was one guy in D&D who said that they were really comfortable, but lamented the styling. They are made out of surplus car seats, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

I just bought some Aidell's Chicken & Apple sausage from Costco because I was looking for an easy-to-cook protein to add to my pasta. I was looking for a precooked beef hot link sausage and couldn't find one at my Costco, and so out of desperation bought the precooked chicken sausage instead.

To my surprise, the chicken sausage is really good--much better than the chicken sausage I've had in the past, which tends to be too dry.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

somebody tell me if they still have the san marzano tomatoes I'm planning a church run this week pbuc

I bought the three can pack of San Marzano tomatoes from my Costco a couple of weeks ago.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Orvin posted:

Is chicken expensive on the coasts or something? All the grocery stores in the Chicago suburbs sell rotisserie chickens for $6 (usually have them on sale once a week for $5). $1 off doesnít seem to warrant this level of excitement.

The Costco rotisserie chickens are bigger than many of the grocery store ones I've had.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

Also, the Kirkland grass fed burgers are worth the $0.02 premium per ounce.

Not sure if the price differential is that small, but yeah, they are much tastier than the cheaper patties.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

It was definitely something like $0.22 per ounce for the regular burgers and $0.24 per ounce for the grass fed. 6 lbs of regular for $21.xx, 5 lbs of grass fed for $19.xx

I don't know the official blend, but the grass fed did taste like it has a higher fat content, which is probably how they get away with the price, but also it's more delicious.

Huh, you are right about the price.

Are you comparing the 1/3 pound grass-fed patties to the 1/3 pound ground chuck patties? The ground chuck patties had bits of gristle in them, and weren't that great. I agree the grass-fed frozen patties are way better. My Costco used to have 1/4 pound patties which were 75% protein/25% fat, and were both pretty good and pretty cheap, but they don't sell them anymore.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Went today to pick up a 34 inch TV to install at a family members house. got some La Croix. Costco now has a Kirkland knockoff as well. Haven't tried it but I expect it to be good.

It was only 10am but the smell of pizza was in the air. :sigh: Another time.

The Costco version of San Pellegrino is good. It is better than San Pellegrino, in my opinion. The Costco version of La Croix tastes pretty similar to La Croix, but I'm not really a fan of either.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

large hands posted:

Thank you based Costco MasterCard

Time to go get a hot dog with this bad boy

e: in the background a mug of Ethiopian coffee, batteries, and Xbox controller for pc gaming, all from the 'co :pray:

How is the Costco Ethiopian coffee? How quickly do you go through it? Do you notice it getting old before you go through all of it?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Xaris posted:

I just had to get a new card since my old one wasn't handed back and they were pushing the exec card hard, but I ended up just passing because yeah I don't think I'd pay for it. I don't drive (<50 miles a month), I don't shop at Costco more than just staples+cheese and clothes once a month, and we already have a good 3x dining/travel card. A simple 2% cashback (like citi double) is way more useful overall but it just depends on your lifestyle and needs. Someone who spends a loving assload on gas would benefit from it. Like to break event on an Exec membership compared to a simple 2% back-all, you'd have to spend $3000 on gas a year. If you have a simple 1% cash-back card, you would need to spend $2,000 a year on gas or $6,000 a year on Costco, or some mixed permutation of that. That's also assuming you aren't taking advantage of anb 5% Gas/Grocery/rotating/etc rewards cards, which also exist and are free.

I mean it's not a horrible card, but for basically a +$60 annual fee to have it, I don't feel like it's particularly great enough as it would initially seem compared to 2% back-all-purchases and a 5% back on categorical ones.

The Costco Visa card is different from the Executive Card. The only annual fee on the Visa card is that it auto-bills the normal Costco membership. It is pretty good card for being effectively a no-fee card since you were already going to pay for a Costco membership (otherwise why would you be posting in this thread?)

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 15, 2020

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

red19fire posted:

I went two weeks ago and they had zero chicken. That was unnerving.

They haven't had boneless skinless chicken thighs in the last month at my Costco, but I have usually been able to find them at other grocery stores. I feel like Costco shoppers are more likely than the average grocery shopper to panic buy and hoard food.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Iím 6í9Ē and have a 42.0 inch inseam

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

Just hit three non Costco grocery stores. Got porterhouse steak on sale, t-bone steak on sale, flap steak on sale, bone in chicken breast on sale, picnic pork shoulder on sale. No shortage of anything. It's just the people who go to Costco.

Yeah, I've had a similar experience. I haven't been able to get boneless skinless chicken thighs at Costco for six weeks now. But usually there are some at the other grocery stores I go to. I think the Costco shopper is more likely than the average grocery store shopper to panic buy and hoard food.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Lol good on Costco for doing that.

It is totally selfish and a little insane to turn infectious disease, a major public health issue, into a civil rights or personal liberties issue.

Like that one nurse a while ago who complained about her quarantine for a couple of weeks after traveling from an Ebola-stricken area in Africa back to her home in the US. Just totally inappropriate. You know, we are living in a society here!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Jubs posted:

Membership is worth it just for the hot dogs and pizza.

Oh yeah, Costco pizza is cheaper and better than Pizza Hut/Dominoes/Papa Johns.

Costco is a good place to buy meat too, or at least was before the COVID-19 epidemic.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Cheesus posted:

"Local Church Sells Gas"

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Costco-opens-Colchester-gas-station--570767351.html

My local store announced plans to start selling gas in 2007. That's not a typo - 13 years ago!

Based on the seemingly endless court cases brought against it, so many of them citing Vermont's environmental laws and regulations, you'd be hard pressed not to label the primary litigant, Skip Lavallee as 'noted environmentalist" instead of his actual title "local gas chain owner"

Maybe the price competition will trickle down to me, some 20 miles away. Im much more ecstatic that this disingenuous fucker finally lost.

Iím convinced that many (maybe even most?) environmentalist causes are just used by people to protect their investments in businesses and real estate.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

number 1 snake fan posted:

Excuse you, they are *paletas*

They are actually 아이스 캔디.

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I'm in the minority thinking that Costco pizzas from the food court just arent that special.

It's cheap, and better than Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa John's, etc, IMO. But that's not a really high bar to clear.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I never even thought about storing bacon in the freezer. I like it very rarely but I have an air fryer now and it cooks perfect bacon in about 6 minutes. How do you store it? Just put it in a freezer bag?

I roll up the bacon strips and place them in a glass dish, and freeze them. I then take the glass dish out of the freezer, pry the bacon rolls off the glass dish, and put them into freezer bags.

I might just be able to just place the rolls into freezer bags and freeze them, but I'm afraid they might stick to the bags. I haven't tried it though.

I make bacon cheeseburgers somewhat often (b/c I'm a fat goon), so it is convenient to be able to just take a few strips of bacon out of the freezer whenever, instead of having to go through the entire pound+ of bacon in the Costco package all at once.

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 13, 2020

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Jingleheimer posted:

The precooked bacon is a good purchase too, especially if you're mostly using it to put on burgers. And it's also great for a quick snack.

The thick cut uncooked bacon is really good IMO. Fry the bacon and then fry your Costco frozen grass-fed beef burger patty in the bacon grease.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

does, and the price owns bones

Yeah the Kirkland Parmesan Reggiano rocks.

The Kirkland Brie is pretty bad though.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I get this Brie every time I go and itís always good.

Oh man, that's the bad one I was complaining about. It has no flavor. The triple cream kind that My Costco has is better.

I didn't know though that there was an entire world of soft cheeses outside of Brie that could be better. My eyes have been opened by the posters in this thread . . .

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

I like the Kirkland Brand Organic Peanut Butter.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is what's throwing me off.

Plain yogurt is great. I wish Costco sold a plain yogurt similar to Trader Joe's European Style yogurt.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Gatts posted:

You know what. Costco Pizza is better than a lot of NY pizza. It is actually good.

Costco Pizza is not bad, and is better than Dominoes, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, etc.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Orvin posted:

Nooooooooooooooooo

That stuff was perfect for my diet. Reasonably priced, and just coffee. No cream, no sweetener. Plus it was individual portions, so I could grab a can or two on my way out the door to work at 3am.

Anyone have good cold caffeine alternative that doesnít have any sweetener? I do buy the Lipton iced tea bottles, but something stronger would be nice.

Make your own cold brew coffee concentrate, with your Costco coffee beans, mix it with cold water and ice and take it with you in a thermos. It's less convenient, but not really by that much. It's also way cheaper than buying cans of brewed coffee.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

My local church finally has Bitchin' Sauce, what's the best vehicle to scoop it up?

Costco portion sizes arenít that large. It should fit inside of any-sized passenger vehicle.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

:pray: Amen

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 24, 2020

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Iíd prefer that Costco not spend a huge amount of money on their website so that the prices on their retail goods can be lower.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

crankybastard posted:

I spent $700 at Costco two days ago.

Please tell me what PBUC means.

I am an old.

It's a parody of PBUH

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

I'll stick with moon pies.

:patriot:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

fischtick posted:

Order it and do some shopping?

This works for me. I just order in person when I first get into Costco, and it is ready for me when I am walking out of the store.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

You guys do a great job of spotlighting the laborious chore that is coffee.

Just give in and become morning cola people. Throw away your dignity. Save lots of time.

What about a morning Dew?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

Where I am they neuter the dew. Itís just sugar.

Wow, that's messed up

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Chinatown posted:

e: these are my new jam

Yeah, these are way better than most chicken sausages Iíve tried. They arenít dry like most chicken sausages.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

accentuate

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

japanese american peeps and japanese japanese peeps who have basically identical genetics as a population have differing obesity rates by whole multiples, because japanese americans eat more doritos. same story but the other way for suicide tho

Maybe these two things are inversely related? Suicide rate & Doritos consumption

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

My father was not a religious man, but he was a 35 year career retail clerk and he would say to me.

"There are two types of people in this world, the ones who return their cart, and the ones who die and go directly to hell."

I complained about this once on this website and received a lecture about how single mothers raising 12 kids and working 9 jobs donít have time to return their shopping carts.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

You all should get 2% cash back cards, like the Citi DoubleCash, to do a lot of your spending on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

lol is this some kind of weird trolling of the costco thread