Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Costco is the best. I've made three cross-country road trips and each time I take the time to stock the poo poo out of my car with delicious snacks. Also, since coming back to California I have been blessed by Poke Fridays and limitless tri tip. But there is nothing better than braving the food court line in order to feast on a buck fifty hot dog and drink. I do miss the carne asada bakes though, those were pretty decent. The new fruit smoothie is surprisingly good and healthy enough.

Also, my store is #420. Blaze (and praise) it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

Protein bar chat:

Word on the street is that the Kirkland bars are getting an unadvertised $6 coupon, limit 6, starting Monday. Source is a midwest worker, YMMV.

Hell yeah, the coupon works on their 2-day shipping online grocery orders as well. Bought 3 boxes of these a few months back for slightly `healthier` snacks (as opposed to buying chips/crackers and grazing) and I was due for another re-up. Saved $18 buying 3 more boxes which felt really good. My family digs the brownie, cookie dough, and especially chocolate peanut butter ones. Another awesome snack they have online is their dried apricots, with nothing added to them. They are fantastic and I think I'm a month into the 3lb bag, close to half through, no texture or taste problems. PBUC.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Went to Costco in search of throw blankets (usually a solid buy, our oldest one from 4 years ago has been a dog blanket since day 1 and it looks great), but I guess they are seasonal. Picked up a rainbow beach towel instead. They also had small camping chairs that are the perfect height for laptop work on the patio for just $20. In the food court I noticed an al pastor salad, which I will be sure to sample when I return for $4 off Spindrift this Wednesday. If I recall, it's on a bed of romaine, red onion, and `banh mi greens.` Sounds pretty good!

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Here's my write up on the al pastor salad: it's good as heck. It's a soy based protein instead of pork, but the flavors are on point and there are no weird textures. $5 and splits well into two filling salads thanks to the black beans and general large nature of Costco's food court offerings. I hope they keep this around at my store for a while. :3:

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Mykroft posted:

It looks like my local Costco stopped carrying Brazilian Cheese Bread in the freezer aisle :(

If you are talking about brazi bites (pćo de queijo), please give making your own a try! I did this a few months ago and they taste so good with relatively simple steps to follow. The two biggest things are finding the tapioca flour and having to cut yourself off from adding more cheese (but go on, add a bunch, it only makes it better).

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Really regret moving to Ohio, I miss the kirkland vodka ($20) so much. And just all the other liquors. Costco is still good though, I've got 3 stores in a 15-20 minute drive around me and have never seen a line at the gas station, that was a huge surprise.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Still a big fan of the protein bars here, picked up the cookies and cream/peanut butter combo as well as the usual cookie dough/brownie on my trip last week. I probably eat 2 a day just to keep up with my SWEET things cravings (breakfast and "dessert"). Maybe I dig them because I was big on quest bars a few years back, and they're pretty similar but way cheaper. :shrug:

For a while, my Costco stocked the Kirkland cold brew coffee cans and my husband loved them. They disappeared off the shelves at the beginning of August, probably due to those terrible Starbucks fraps being on sale this month, but we managed to grab the last two in stock to hold him over for August. Fingers crossed they bring them back in September. It's all too reminiscent of when we moved here in March and I went to Costco on a Friday to get some food, saw that they had Waterloo sparkling waters (watermelon, mango) in stock but didn't have the storage space for them at the time and then went back on Monday, but they were all gone. Don't do this to me, Costco, I can't handle it again.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I would buy and eat the sheet cake myself if I wouldn't feel so drat guilty and gluttonous doing so. I really like it for that "office/birthday party" niche of cakes and I do get excited when it is time for one of those events. For my Own celebration cake needs, I just go with the mousse tuxedo cake, it is superb for the price. Last time I went to the store they had their usually giant chocolate on chocolate on chocolate frosted cake down to just two layers instead of three, which I thought was cool. That cake is ridiculously rich and I can attest it makes a great breakfast cake. In the past I have seen them stock a red velvet cake and, being a red velvet enjoyer, thought it was quite good. I know at my first job, if you were going to be bringing in something for a party, it had better have been a Costco thing. There was nothing from the bakery that ever struck out for us from the cookies to the danish, but especially the pies (apple for sure!!).

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I'm a little late to vacuum chat, but I picked up that Shark Navigator at the beginning of the year. When I rolled up to the checkout the cashier and her assistant both started in on how much they loved it. I am firmly in their camp as well after nearly a year of use in a one bedroom apartment. I've had no issues, no complaints, just good clean suction. Probably the best vacuum buy I've made in the last few years (moved states 3 times, no way I'm taking a $100 vacuum with me each time).

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Costco has a good Manchego. Just picked it up, again, this morning to prep for NYE tomorrow. It has been a big hit every time we bring it out and I've been going to Costco for it since I first grabbed it years ago since it's about 3x the amount for near the same price as what you get from TJs. Who really needs a smaller amount of cheese?

In local Costco news, my store finally started stocking the bitchin' sauce. In Ohio! I grabbed that as well, beats the hell out of going to the green grocer nearby to buy two 8oz. tubs for tomorrow's festivities. The register lady seemed really excited about it and asked a lot of questions, I hope she gets a chance to try some. My only wish now is liquor laws to change so I can buy the $20 kirkland vodka once more.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Down to my last two rolls of TP, I had been waiting for some kind of lapse in weird hoarding tendencies but every night when I checked Costco (I live across the street) there's always a sign saying they are out. Employees just say to call in the morning since they don't know when resupply will be happening. My mom is literally mailing me some toilet paper (from CA to OH) because she keeps going during senior hours and buying toilet paper whenever she sees it there. Holy poo poo, what is wrong with old people.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

So I know this was from a few pages ago, but the Costco cold brew canned coffees, the ones with the jaguar face on the can, those were discontinued? Can anyone confirm that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

SirPablo posted:

I throw them frozen italian meatballs in the air fryer for about 7-8 minutes at 400 °F, they come out crispy but juicy. Nice to throw on some pasta or in with cauliflower rice.

I air fry them as well. They're perfect for a meatball sub, along with the Rao's red sauce.