Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Renegret posted:

Praise Costco for the Kirkland smoked salmon, so I can make my own bagel cream cheese and almost lox at 2AM.
am literally eating this as I read this post. super super good stuff. i buy the 2-pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

priznat posted:

What's something ya'll get every trip to the costco? I get the croissants every time, they get eaten up fast in my house. That's pretty much the guaranteed thing I get.
The smoked salmon 2-pack for sure.
"Allerflo" (Flonase) since a 5-pack at Costco is as much as one Flonase-brand bottle at CVS.
Hearts of palm.
Parthenon brand kalamata olives.
Dish soap and dishwasher detergent.
Hand soap refills.
Paper towels and TP.
Gummy vitamins as needed.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pentyne posted:

How does it compare to other "fancy" smoked salmon? I usually find smoked salmon as excessively salty or too fishy. I've had some really, really great smoked salmon in the past but when I've bought the fancy stuff in stores it's always been a disappointment.
I wouldn't say I'm a connoisseur, but I find it to be higher-quality than anything I can get from Whole Foods: thick slices, excellent flake, great flavor.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pentyne posted:

Costco sells some pretty good cheese. Their brie is good, as are most of the snacking cheese packs. I've seen some prepackaged cheese boards with 3-4 different varieties I've avoided just because it's fairly expensive and I'm not a fan of the hard crumbly cheeses.
costco has real-rear end le grueyere and comte. it's vaccuum packed, so its not going to be as good as if you buy it in a cheese shop, but for the price, hell fuckin yeah its worth it. just take it out of the packaging and let it sit out for a few hours before you eat it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fettuccine alfredo isn't a real thing. you just mashed some italian sounding words together

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i like the uhhhhhh alfredo pizza ravioli tagliatelle?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

I would say the same thing for a lot of Italian and Irish-ancestry folks in MA.
my new roommate from italy, had never been to the US prior to the pandemic, taking him to the north end someday is going to be a major lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

speaking of shame, costco sent out a recall notice on kirkland gin this afternoon. I of course returned my half drank bottle, the lady at the return counter was NOT happy and didn't believe me, she went away to pound buttons on their computer for ten minutes while another customer heckled me, then finally grudgingly accepted the return. A+ customer experience.

I went back to see if I could get another and they had pulled all of it off the shelf, so evidently someone at the store had heard of the recall
do you have a link for this? i have a stockpile of a few bottles from like november.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

they sent me an email:

Thanks for posting this. Mine doesn't match the lot codes here. Maybe it will be expanded...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A college ex was from New Jersey, she drove to visit me and she asked me to go with her to pump gas because she had never done it and was afraid.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I only ever find myself using a chef's knife, and a serrated knife for things like tomatoes.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

jasper hill is the bomb dot com, make sure you let it it sit out for a while till it gets nice and runny. i assume it was the harbison

e:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 18, 2021

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

cold cheese is trash for bad people. i look down on you if you offer me cold cheese. its an affront to all i believe in.
CHURCH

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

I'm heading to the Co in a few hours. I have no idea what I'm getting besides the Dog.
smoked salmon
grueyere / comte / harbison
kirkland adult diapers

lots of great options

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

itís cheaper than going out on five dates
What is this, Half Baked

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wearing costco wool socks right now. A+ would sock again

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

thathonkey posted:

i really hope the cold brew shortage does not hit here :ohdear:
I'm just afraid they're going to run out of ligma

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Is combo pizza back yet? That might be the one way to get onions on your Costco Hotdog without bringing your own.
I don't know what combo pizza is but I am imagining a pizza slice topped with Combosģ and my dick is diamonds

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I refuse to believe that is actually what it is

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know where this is made and which Gin itís closest to? It reads like itís close to a Hendricks.
IIRC it's Tanqueray.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fizzymercury posted:

My in-laws gave us a whole living room set of the stuff for a wedding present. They're ridiculously comfortable but drat if they don't clash terribly with my Holly Hobbie and crochet pillows decor.
yeah i'm gonna need to see pics of this

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cottage cheese ranking:

1. darigold
2. friendship
3. cabot
4. organic valley
5. ....

567. daisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Yeah, I prefer the Kirkland one now. Lots of toppings and the crust is real similar. Plus you get meat.
I read this as a mattress suggestion and became very confused

If Costco still has Casper, that's a good option.