Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

i posted about it above but my costco was completely out of paper towels and had only a generic brand of tp. the pandemic is starting all over again ahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

ive still got a full thing of charmin plus two shittier thin kinds leftover from the original scramble in march hope we can ride out another storm

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

I'd love a bidet but I rent and have no idea if messing with the toilet is okay with the landlord.

gently caress em

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

i went yesterday right when they opened. it was like peak hour on a saturday but nothing insane. they had tp and paper towels again but no name brands

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

buying a 100$ goon endorsed costco ham gimmick and getting extremely surprised that it sucks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Paul MaudDib posted:

My location is absolutely not enforcing the mask policy once you get past the door.

can you blame them? i wouldnt want to be tasked with asking these loving psychopathic assholes to wear their mask for my costco job (relatively good as it may be). you know all the people who openly flaunt mask rules are looking to start some poo poo anyway

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

nobody has ever spent less than 150$ at costco ... it's not possible (believe me i have tried)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

im gonna go pick up one of those pumpkin pies tomorrow i really missed not having any for cancelled thanksgiving

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

yeah raos is fuckin good just made a pizza with some the other night. doubt i could ever justify the time to make my own red sauce when it exists

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

i want to try the bitchin sauce but ive learned my lesson trialing things in bulk size. also even if i like it a lot probably wouldnt be able to finish the whole vat before i make myself sick of it forever unless its got an insane shelf life

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

i bribed my costco they let me come in the back where theyve still got the onion machine locked up and use it for as long as i please

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

i really like the einstein brothers bagels they sell at our costco i think theyre even better than the ones at the actual einstein bros locations cause they put the toppings on both halves. we rarely get them because you have to buy two bags (10-12 bagels) that we can never finish. one time we tried to buy just one bag and they made us go get a second one or put it back.

heading there today for essentials !! might try a pumpkin pie so i can weigh in on the debate

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Cartoon Man posted:

Went to the Co, only dropped $140, and came home with a street taco kit for dinner. A good day.

how is that kit

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

sorry for the slight digression but ive never found anywhere better than discount tire for all my tire needs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

DNK posted:

No one mentioned this — probably because they’re still on their first purchase of it — but buy the 2-pack of Saran / plastic wrap. The wrap itself is maybe only slightly superior to other brands, but the dispenser / housing for the wrap is completely game changing.

Seriously, does Costco have a patent on the box design? It’s ridiculous how ownage that is compared to any other plastic wrap.

edit: it comes in a 2-pack so you can give one to a friend to convert them.

are you talking about the sturdy yellow and blue box with the sliding blade tool integrated into the packaging? yeah that stuff seriously owns. when we have relatives from outside the US visit they always want to get some of it to take back home too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

another thing i started buying at costco is the precut boxes of aluminum foil squares instead of rolls. its a hundred times easier to use as most of the time thats the size i need anyway. it was out of stock for a while beginning of the pandemic but has come back and i scored a box usually lasts me all year

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

just seeing the words "kirkland gin" is making me feel hungover. how does that stuff compare to other gins

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

The Midniter posted:

I was looking to pick up a pack of Caribbean Food Delights Spicy Beef Patties to replenish my stock when I hit Costco this past weekend, and was crestfallen that they were nowhere to be found. Can anyone let me know if they're still available locally?

Yeah, I mean, I could buy packs of two at the store, but why buy two when you can buy ten?

i bought some at my local store a few weeks back so probably just out of stock. im kinda tired of them at the moment but they are pretty good especially if i take time to use the oven

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

in da club

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

the primary reason i keep my membership is dog food, cat food, paper products, and allergy medication. easily pays for itself. anything else i find there is just a bonus

we only have 2 in our household (plus 3 pets!) but i can imagine the more people/kids you have the better the deal it is

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

buying in bulk from whole foods lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Mustard Iceman posted:

Big round dog beds seem to be gone now, at least in my local. Weird rectangle ones now that are more expensive and less soft. My dog hated it.

the dog beds are different just about everytime i go. they usually just have one or two sizes which may or may not work. sometimes theyre a good deal sometimes not.. i only buy cheap ones cause our pets will inevitably ruin them somehow within a year or so time

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

costco chicken pot pie for dinner

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

are those the protein bars that come 3 kinds to a blue box ones chocolate chip ones chocolate peanut butter and the other is chocolate uh chocolate ? ive never seen explicitly kirkland/costco branded ones at my store

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

ah pure protein is what i was thinking of... theyre pretty good for a quick breakfast substitute or something if im really lazy or in a hurry. i dont really like the chocolate chip one but the other 2 kinds are great with coffee

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Mozi posted:

everyone's been in quarantine so long, you're all going stir crazy

alternative theory: goons have always been this way

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

fizzymercy posted:

Savory toast spreads are just better.

correct

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

welcome to goons

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

went to costco today and saw the brownie thing everyone is going nuts about. it was easy not to buy because it looked really bad especially at $12

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone take a pic of the brownie

I miss the garlic bread they had it was greasy as gently caress and I loved it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

if you want a nice office chair for whatever you do at your desk just find an office liquidator and buy an aeron for like 400$ and stop loving around with all the inferior chairs. trust me they will have some in good shape. they pretty much last forever if you replace the hydraulic lift.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

when i first got my aeron it took a week or two for my back to adjust. i found it pretty uncomfortable at first coming from my old chair (which was fine but would let me sit in all sorts of awkward positions that the aeron wont allow) and almost took it back but its great now

that steelcase looks pretty good though id definitely want to check it out in person first

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

+1 i used to do stuff like that the aeron basically punishes you for trying to sit any way that isnt normal

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

StormDrain posted:

Somehow standing desks haven't entered the conversation.

good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Alan Smithee posted:

has anyone been seeing the clorox wipes

yeah they seem to be back at costco and every other store around here FINALLY

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

Rufio posted:

I think I did a bad thing at Costco today. I wasn't paying any attention when checking out and didn't realize they didn't have two persons on the checkout. The cashier was prettty rude to me and I was a little confused. When I started to leave she very loudly thanked the person behind me for putting their groceries on the belt. So yiiiikes. Never had that happen before.

Edit: this page is dedicated to being a good Costco shopper, unlike me

Edit edit: actually no it's dedicated to this particular cashier going to gently caress themselves

lol who gives a poo poo get over yourself

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

my costco has "self" check out now but theres still one person at each kiosk to help you do it quickly

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

if anything home audio technology has gotten steadily worse (in terms of sound quality) over the past 30 years! i second the notion of looking for an older receiver and nice set of speakers to go with it that you can find used. only downside is they take up a lot more space than a soundbar would. you can buy an aux bluetooth adapter for wireless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Shredded Hen

We freeze the costco pesto ... seems to work fine and makes it last forever