Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Also am I crazy or is the cheese pizza better than the pepperoni? I swear the pepperoni has like 3x less cheese the regular plain cheese pizza

There's 10oz more cheese on a whole cheese than on the pep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those are just boxes. You don't keep fresh pizzas sitting in the aisle.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some costcos you have to ask for the sauerkraut at the counter. I'd check next time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I absolutely hate that line of thinking. Like when people spill something on the floor or at a restaurant and just leave it there and say "People get paid to clean that up." Yeah, and they get paid to do more important poo poo if you weren't such a child.

When I finish everything at a restaurant I put everything away and stack up my plates/silverware so it's easy for them to pick it up. We should have a national program where everyone is conscripted to work a customer service job for 1 year.

Customers trying to help is generally super loving annoying and causes more problems than it solves. Just be polite and try not to spill poo poo every where.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chinatown posted:

The foodcourt makes Costco literally no money. It exists to draw members in and makes the whole "Costco experience" better.

This isn't necessarily true for all locations or all periods, but yes generally. There's a reason they've been trying to introduce higher profit items. Granted most of those have done extremely poorly because why would you buy a five dollar sandwich when you can get a dog and drink for a third of that. But yeah I've definitely noticed a trend lately of them trying to cut back on the membership services and push bigger profitability.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Honestly the fact that the food court exists is kinda proof that Costco leadership isn't like normal companies. Most corporations would have seen that as an unnecessary expense and either raised prices to make a profit or just cut it out entirely.

Like. . . . have any of you been to a Sams Club?

Maybe it wasn't but now they're really going whole hog on automation and high ticket items to stop the cash loss

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Noslo posted:

Pretty sure they're trained to say that to everyone, I got pitched with "our system flagged you, you should upgrade to executive blah blah" a few weeks ago

I told him I ran the numbers already and would need to spend 3k annually to break even, which I don't do, so no thanks

I'm sure I'd hit 3k if I bought gas there too, but I don't because I'm not going to drive 30 miles there and back to save $0.10 per gallon

Nope the system is just sort of broken. They're a rewards for getting renewals and upgrades so the warehouses go crazy trying to get as many as possible. The whole computer information aspect of Costco is ancient though so I'm not surprised it's flagging accounts that aren't actually benefitting

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

priznat posted:

I think a lot of news articles just reuse emergency planning articles from earthquakes etc because I have seen a few talking about stocking up on bottled water, which wouldn’t be an issue in a quarantine.

They also had stuff on propane cook surfaces etc too, it’s definitely a mad clickbait rush.

No it's real. I work at Costco and the last two days we've totally sold out of water bottles. And I live no where near reported cases

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Meydey posted:

Hot off the press: Corp just said that all hourly is getting a $2/hr bonus for the next 5 weeks

Edit: an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020

It was a pretty nice seeing that at the end of my shift today. Still doesn't feel worth it coming in with how slow all the fresh departments are.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinking about going for a quick costco run tomorrow for some food stuffs. What time of day have people found things to be the most quiet?

2-3 is usually totally dead at my store

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

I don’t mean to speak out of turn or blaspheme but church really hosed up when they got rid of chocolate froyo

to say nothing of the vanilla/chocolate swirl

You may or may not be very pleased sometime around July

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This lines up pretty well with what I know. They were planning on bringing in a new salad to replace the ceaser and replacing the chicken bakes with pre made ones ( before the bakes used leftover salad chicken) and replacing the yogurt with ice cream. The ice cream should still be going a head and as far as I know the chicken bakes and churros are coming back but they aren't planned for at least the next six months.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Banish the samples forever and reinstate the onion dispenser with the utmost righteousness.

Onions ain't coming back my dude

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Trastion posted:

I want to let the SHAREHOLDERS know that the food court lady today told me to just throw away the 2nd cup when i told her i only needed 1 of them. I was trying to save them money. I wonder what she would have said if I told her I didn't want the buns with the dogs either...

Did they already place it on the counter? The foodcourt is a closed system, once the item touches the counter it's contaminated, nothing should go in only out. Everyone and everything inside should be covid free, screened, sanitized and gloves on. Taking back a cup could introduce contamination.

You can also just ask for dogs with no buns. Just ask.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fallom posted:

Does using the Costco auto buying site hand your phone number out to a dozen dealerships that immediately start ringing it nonstop? I'd like to check out some prices but opening the floodgates to salesmen was a real pain when I used the USAA service.

Use a Google voice number and then abandon it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's actual ice cream now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

priznat posted:

My shredded parmesan has mold in it and the expiry is in october, costco will refund that right? Never gotten a food refund from them before.

Yes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Make a chicken bake pizza you cowards!

Go become a Costco Manager, Mac and Cheese Pizza, Chicken bake pizza, BBQ chicken pizza, pizza bakes, Cheezy bread, we make all kinds of dumb poo poo for their meetings

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

binge crotching posted:

Is there a special handshake us mere mortals can do to get that bbq chicken pizza? Or the pizza bake, which sounds like a Costco sized hot pocket.

The pizza bakes are actually smaller than the chicken bakes.

And I highly doubt you can get anyone to make the bbq pizza. All that shits in the deli, and you can't ring it up at the food court. Anyone found out you handed it out to a customer. That employee is getting yelled at. One of my guys did accidentally hand out a Mac and cheese pizza to a guy who ordered a whole pep. So hey maybe one day you'll get lucky.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I've decided. I need to start making pilgrimages to this holy place of Hot Dogs and 20 oz. Sodas for $1.50

There's one in town. How do I start this quest? Do I just go up like a dipshit and ask to give them $60 to let me in? Is there a password?

Also with the plague happening, are there like, occupancy limits? Will I have to wait 2 hours?

First things first you gotta be cool, put on your finest suit and tie, otherwise you ain't getting past the door. Then slip the greeters a twenty they'll set you up with a meeting. After you get in the room do whatever they say, god only knows what they'll ask of you, but it's too late to back out now.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

The food court asks for membership too

Which you would know

If you were a member

That's up to the GM and foodcourt manager. We are officially required to. But most of em figure if you've got in the building your good to go

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How old is that location. They have to shut em down and remodel every half decade or decade to fix major equipment, replace flooring, fix any major malfunctions and the like. Most likely it had been scheduled for years and they might've moved up the time table to take advantage of slower food court sales.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Poutine is disgusting. Gravy belongs in the trash not on fries

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Real cheese curds come from Wisconsin and no where else. Don't ,@ me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If dairy was supposed to be made on the coast cows could swim

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Genetic engineering has gone too far this time

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nuts are a terrible idea if your losing weight

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's fine. It's like mayo but not horrific for your body

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

fizzymercy posted:

Seriously where is the sodium in those Tianan noodles? They taste like nothing. I keep thinking I prepared them wrong but maybe they really do suck.

Probably rolled into the noodles themselve's to increase shelf life

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's not even a good use case. I live in the middle of nowhere Midwest, but making homemade noodles is piss easy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

im sorry the what

There's these sick animatronic banjo skeletons they're selling for halloween.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

I want to get my wife the 249$ double mini basketball arcade game for her birthday but the hoops aren’t motorized and she’d get bored of it. When will Costco get a better arcade basketball machine supplier?

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your product, Costco will except your return any time if you'd like. Costco Is always searching for new and better products to satisfy the needs of it's members. Thank you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That jerky is bomb, but I always eat the whole bag and get sick afterwards.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Water and a caffeine pill

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

People at work have been singing the praises of the air fryer. I just don’t know if I’d use it enough.

It's a loving convection oven, don't waste your money on useless poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Takes real guts to say that in a thread full of people buying banjo skeletons

:getout:

I would never call a Banjo Skeleton useless

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It wouldn't do anything your toaster oven wouldn't.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Air fryers are for morons who'd rather piss away money than learn proper cooking technique

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Love spending hundreds of dollars, to have a useless piece of poo poo on my counter, so I can save three minutes cooking some frozen trash.

Fallom posted:

why is that guy acting upset about people using small convection ovens
It's mind numbing seeing people waste money on things they don't need during a financial crisis because they're brains have been broken into only feeling happy when they spend money.

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 15, 2020

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to spend the three quarters of a million dollars on this stove and heat my freezer fries on the french tops just to spite you.

https://ferrisrafauli.com/collections/fr-x-la-cornue/

Those ovens are gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jerky is expensive as hell. Especially now that meat price are.going up. The pork jerky from Costco is good. Otherwise dehydrate your own if you want cheap