Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Went to Costco today got:
9 tomato plants
String cheese
Tableside guacamole (the reason for the trip)
Spinach
Bell peppers
Chocolate Caramel pretzels
Humane certified eggs
Pickles
Enough mustard for a year
Madras lentils

And I ate free samples. Dried sea weed is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What do we do from here, friends?

Try the NeilMed Sinus Rinse, 2 pack available at Costco.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
2 pack of bear spray for only $40!!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Heffer posted:

Is it real or imitation bear flavor?

Genuine pepper flavor, accept no substitutes!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Went to the Costco eye doctor for an exam and also picked up some decongestants. On the way out I passed a group of high school cheerleaders eating lunch. They know the value of $1.50!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

Walking in, the opening items are: A folding table, Bailey's Kirkland Irish Cream, Prevacid Generics. What the hell party does Costco think I'm hosting?

Also someone tell me if this is good times, I think I saw it at Target for $50

https://www.costco.com/Sunbeam-Velvet-Plush-Heated-Throw---Clifford-Plaid.product.100375161.html

Those throws are great, I have 2.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Costco saves my husband HUNDREDS of dollars on his Mr. Magoo strength glasses. Totally worth it.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Went to Costco today and saw a guy sharing a dog with his dog. Warmed my heart :3:

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Went to the ‘Co today and at 15 minutes after opening it was a mad house. The champagne cheddar sample was fantastic.

Came home and roasted up a batch of Normandy blend for lunch & later but I ended up eating it all. PBUC.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Anyone know when the giant box of tennis balls goes on sale? My dogs are almost out :ohdear:

Edit: not the hot kind of dog

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
If it were next month then I would wait, if it’s summer, then I wouldn’t.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Tortilla Land tortillas are fantastic!

Also fantastic are the new Kirkland chocolate peanut butter protein bars. I haven’t tried the cinnamon roll ones but I’m sure they won’t disappoint!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Renegret, I discovered that online you can buy a whole box of each flavor of Kirkland Protein bars! No more suffering through the lesser flavor!

(I tried a cinnamon roll bar and I agree, it was not good. And I also don’t like the chocolate brownie ones.)

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

I need that new ad book. Need it.

E: also tthinking about switching to protein bars for breakfast. Someone tell me this is a good idea

This is a good idea!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar is a rare miss for me, too. I like that peanut butter and brownie bar that it is paired with, but I don’t think I’ll be buying that box again. Shame that you can’t just get separate flavors of bars.

You can online!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Montana Costco sells a 2 pack of bear spray.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I went to a ‘co in NC tonight and there were no toddler-sized bags of Nearly Naked popcorn :(

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Two years ago I started giving out toys (Costco playdoh pack) because I feel sorry for kids with food allergies. It was a hit in my old neighborhood. Now that I live in the county I’ll be surprised to get any trick or treaters but that means more toys for me!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That sounds like a cool idea, but was it difficult finding stuff that was for "all ages"?

I usually had things like bouncy balls, toy cars, and funny glasses so most kids found something they liked. Since we didn’t get a ton of kids we let them pick multiple things and some kids really agonized over what to get. It was funny.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
In light of the horrible dairy calf abuses in the news, I want to point out that my Costco has Rumiano HUMANE CERTIFIED cheddar cheese. It tastes great.

PBUC

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I bought the throw sized ones they had a few years ago (Sunbeam) and they are cat approved.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Coincidentally, that's the part of Wyoming that the rest of the state resents because of out of state transplants with money. It is an awful state full of awful people who have given the world the gift of the Cheney family. gently caress Wyoming and everyone in it. They do not deserve a Costco, and I'm glad they don't have any.

:(

I vote, and not for those buttheads. Please give me a Costco so I don’t have to go to Colorado to shop.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Last spring Costco had chicken coops for sale, so be on the lookout.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Buy milk from pastured cows! Feedlots are horrible!

Seriously, buy animal products that come from animals kept to high welfare standards if you must buy animal products.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just visited the brand new Pooler Costco! There was :siren: NO LINE :siren: at the gas pumps because the price sign isn’t up yet, my lucky day!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Crunchy Black posted:

lol they built one in Pooler? I haven’t been through there in about four years but with all the construction that was going on even then I’m surprised it took that long. Where was the next closet one, Charleston?

Yeah, Charleston is the closest. There were a lot of people saying that they had never been to a Costco before so I’m sure that’s why no one knew Costco gas is a pro buy.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Me, my goats, and my dogs all love the animal crackers. Animal crackers for everyone!!!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I buy the giant pack of cotton towels at church every couple of years. Some messes are just too gross to try to wash the towel, so eventually I need more. The paper napkins came from Target since the Co didn’t have any at that time :argh:

Paper towels are only superior for absorbing bacon grease.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

bagmonkey posted:

What do you guys use to clean up cat barf and hairballs and other gross pet stuff? That's really the only reason I burn through so many paper towels, otherwise I try to use the bulk bar towels you can buy anywhere

If it’s liquid & gross, I use my most stained rags and toss them afterwards. If it’s firm (poop) I use some TP to grab the solids, then the rag for cleaning.

The nice thing about cotton rags (available at the Co) is that they can be composted so they don’t have to go directly into a landfill. (Don’t compost meat, or meaty pet barf.)

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

No Pants posted:

some people have a thing where blood vessels in the hands and feet constrict more easily. it doesn't happen to me much anymore, but at its worst, i would suck the warmth out of a heated blanket with my hands like a lich.

Raynaud’s disease? Gives me cadaver looking fingers and toes when I get cold* sometimes.

*less than 70 degrees or so

In church news, there are still empty gas pumps every time I go to the Pooler Costco. It’s always my lucky day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
XL and Jumbo eggs are really hard on the hen laying the egg. The chickens that lay them aren’t bred to be any bigger than the Medium or Large egg size layers so they are a much greater risk of prolapse and getting egg bound.

Please don’t buy them.

Costco content: there was actually a line at the gas pumps last time I went, the masses have discovered the Pooler, GA gas station :(