Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

For years the only jeans I could get in my size was castoff Guess jeans purchased at an outlet place. Today Costco delivered, Levi's in my size. I just bought three pairs, praise to Costco for letting me finally get some proper jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

30x34. At one stage when I still smoked I was 28x34 and that really was like pulling teeth trying to find something that didn't make me look like I just swing by the salvation army on my way back from the methadone clinic.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

The 'co is closed today because its a holiday, my family's entire easter dinner was based around $1.50 hot dogs and now its ruined.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Despite letting a quarter of it rot the last go round I doubled down on the 5kg bag of babby carrots for $7 today. The dog loves them and I just end up throwing cut up carrots into ramen. Also got 19 chicken drumsticks for $15 :getin:

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Yeah the flavor ain't great but it's great filler for soups and the dog loving loves carrots.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

One of the big pluses for Costco is the membership aspect seems to deter any morons from shopping there so you're way less likely to encounter some shitlord paying for everything in quarters or a dickhead holding up everybody else because he thought that his 12 pack of drumsticks was 50 cents cheaper.

I saw one guy try that once and a team of four employees went in to haul him off to the side so nobody had to be held up.

italian quid fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 21, 2017

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Prude posted:

just lol @ these fuckin morons who focus on the calories instead of the value, such as a hot dog and drink for ONLY $1.50

Think of the calories/dollars. If you're on a diet cut that doggie up and eat for pennies a meal.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

My Costco doesn't even sell regular brats and I feel like I'm being raped. I'm currently going to the elderly German lady who previously had to recall all her pork products and capitalising on her 10 for $10 deal on brats.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I have a bowl of cereal every morning and Costco is a life saver. :yum:

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I go to the 'co weekly but I'm in a weird situation where I get off work at 3pm and one is a five minute detour on my way home. If I had to go when everyone else does and it took more than five minutes to drive to I'd go way less.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I make it work for one but I'm also bulk buying cuts of meat and putting them in freezer bags. I was pretty skeptical at first but it's meant a huge savings. The key is to just bulk buy poo poo you'd normally buy as opposed to just going around picking poo poo up that you normally wouldn't buy because it's cheaper.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Renegret posted:

Yeah it makes going to Costco on weekends a nightmare. I'm all for the samples but why are the best free samples always in the areas of the store with the worst congestion issues? Then you have idiots who stand around waiting for more to come out of the oven and block all available walk ways.

The only time I've ever waited for a sample was when they were giving out crackers with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Even then, I stood way off to the side. it was loving worth it.

Idk what it is but people will just circle the samples by the freezer section like vultures at mine. You get people starting to wait around as soon as food gets put in the oven.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the $60 card'ers getting ready for dinner time while the $120'ers are trying to actually buy poo poo and get back to their Audi Q5s before some $60'er puts a ding in it with their broken down Corolla.

Costco strives for a classless society, did you not read the literature?

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Why? With all the coupons my dealer gives me it comes out to the same price as jiffy libe or whatever. It's not like im gonna get anything else done there besides the oil change. And in my experience, the guys at my dealership don't leave a mess around the pan and such like I sometimes get at a jiffy lube.

My personal experience is that dealers tend to be lazy fuckers but I mostly do my own work on my vehicles.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

What's the Polish sausage like?

It's a good alternative to the regular dog.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I want a new rule where if after three minutes you are unable to get the pump to dispense gas at Costco you're told to go to the back of the line and try again. I swear to god it's like an unsolvable Rubik's cube for some people.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

GORDON posted:

I like this idea, but I'd make the time ONE minute.

The gas pump isn't the place to check text messages, search fruitlessly for the membership card, and have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat before starting the fueling process.

And yet, there they are.

My general impression watching from a distance is that people simply can't manage the highly technical and demanding task of having to insert their Costco card before their credit card. I just sit there and watch them insert a card, then just mash at the buttons by the screen only to repeat that process about 10 more times without reading the screen to see where they hosed up in the process.

Also a special shout out to everyone with their full-size SUV or lifted truck that could only afford to put $40 in the tank because gas just jumped 30 cents a liter. Saw atleast five of those people there last time I filled up lol.

italian quid fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 4, 2018

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I need to switch to the Costco Credit card one of these days.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Taima posted:

Wow I didn't expect to see so much denial about Costco being bougie.

The core Costco customer is a college educated, relatively high-earning homeowner living in an affluent area. Is that not you? Congratulations, you aren't a core customer for Costco's business model, but don't worry, you can still shop there and plenty of people do.

Go look up the demographic data online, this isn't hard.

oh word?

lol ok

While this is probably true, I think it is only because so many working class people don't necessarily understand how beneficial buying in bulk is or the concept of unit pricing.

I've had a couple of people in my building see me hauling in Kirkland stuff and they always say "I can't afford to shop at Costco" and stare at me like I'm holding a bunch of Supreme hoodies instead of a giant pack of toliet paper.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

LGD posted:

you're not wrong, but there is definitely a group of people for whom the $55 annual fee is a big enough expense to be intimidating/prohibitive, and even though costco has extremely good prices and can save you a bunch of money on quality products via bulk purchases, they also very much aim the products they sell at that ~$100k annual household income demographic and a shopping trip there typically requires a very non-trivial outlay

actual poverty fucks with your decision making processes, because you're often going from minor crisis to minor crisis and trying to make sure needs get met in the moment- the person paying a bad unit price to get a 3-pack of low quality TP at the grocery store may understand completely that the 36-pack of name-brand is a better unit price in the abstract, but if you've got like $45 to last you until payday it's real loving hard to drop a third of that on TP, even if doing so would absolutely lead to better outcomes over the longer term

a lot of those people would benefit immensely from using a bulk buying strategy (costco-based or no), but once you're immersed in the cycle of low-income suckage it can be hard to break out

e:f;b

I absolutely agree with what you were saying, was just rushed to type up what I said and made a general statement. Its a lovely cycle to break out of.

I also will say that Costco's non bulk stuff is absolutely marketed towards upper middle class, which is cool cause they've gotta make extra cash somehow but if you were to shop on Costco to a budget you have to pretend those areas of the store don't exist.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Has anyone bought the solar panels from Costco? I vaguely recall them carrying some a while back and I'm at the point where it's either that or a generator and I want to avoid going generator.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

This is too cursed for this sacred thread. Please delete it.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

DNK posted:

Kirkland frozen pizza is trash. The food court pizza is amazing. :iiam:

You've gotta cook it just right and it's fine. I've got a pizza pan with holes in it, cook at 350 for 25 minutes and then open the door and broil on high for a further two minutes. Comes out good every time.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I know a couple people who work at Costco and as far as retail gigs go they're pretty sweet.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

What's a healthy number of dogs to eat in a week? I think I'm at like four about to click over to five for dinner tonight

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Chatetris posted:

The consensus is that Costco food is better than Ikea's food?

In what sense?

My general feeling is that the IKEA dog is pretty inferior to Costco's in both size and quality, they had a really good full meal menu but the prices have shot up recently and I'm not convinced it's the best deal for cheap good food anymore.

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I think you're being a touch hysterical about shareholders having some irrational crusade against onion dispensers when the reality is it's probably just easier for everyone involved to do the little containers

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

Flaggy posted:

Anyone else plan their Costco trips around filling up your tank? I do this all the time, cheap gas, cheap food, hot dog all in the same night. PBUC.

I live five minutes from mine so no. I literally go out of town to a kart track Tuesday and Thursday evenings and will hit it up just for the Polish dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

italian quid
Jan 19, 2014

#essereFerrari

I ride my motorbike to Costco like 60% of time so it's very easy to not buy poo poo I don't need. This is also not a problem when I take the car as well for some reason.