Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I've done it. I've read every single page in this thread so far.

I am not a Costco member yet, but I don't see a future for me that doesn't also include Costco. PBUC from afar while I wait for a good signup promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Apparently the blasphemers at Sam's Club have made something interesting and decent http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/179616/giant-cinnamon-rolls-sams-club-holiday-special

I hereby call on majestic Costco to not only call but raise with a five-pounder, for Costco can always top anything that bitchass Sam can do PBUC

Costco doesn't need cinnamon rolls because it has selfless science: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/science/costco-founder-and-boyhood-friend-give-50-million-for-precision-medicine-at-uw/

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Groupon had a deal on Costco memberships, so I purchased a voucher for one. I'm hoping to redeem it tomorrow after work, then redeem myself at the food court

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What's the single best thing that I can buy at Costco and put in my husband's mouth to make him love Costco?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I decided to do my first real visit to my Costco. My husband wanted to come with, to be the voice of reason as we navigated these new waters together.

We were both hangry, so our first stop was the food court. He had the dog and drink, I had a slice of pepp and his free refill. I tasted of the dog and deemed it worthy of all the praise I've heard. Our meal was less than $4 and it won him over instantly. The pizza was so greasy and cheesy that it practically slid down my throat without assistance. It was the best pizza I've had in a long time.

The beautiful thing about Costco is that it normalizes large products. It makes you feel like a child again in those towering aisles, but this time you lack supervision and are armed with a credit card (executive membership card already assumed). Then you load up your tiny car and go back to your tiny apartment and realize that no, you can't fit the tortilla chips bag the size of your loving torso into your tiny-rear end cupboards

I'm sitting next to a 50oz tub of pretzel snaps while I'm :justpost:ing

We also brought home a rotisserie chicken (unpictured).

A closer Costco will be opening on his birthday. A sign, maybe, for us to stay with the fold.

AWarmBody fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 16, 2018

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

After you blend, you're supposed to pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a few hours.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What are people's thoughts on the Kirkland popcorn? My spouse is p picky about microwave popcorn, so buying a huge box of a new brand is a risky move

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

FCKGW posted:

pour corn into a trash bag and put it in the dryer

In all seriousness, would this work? I want to recreate the popcorn scene from Troll 2 and I need large quantities of popped corn

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Really excited to try out the Kirkland shampoo and condish tonight. I heard they're really great for fine, textured hair, and since I've got a lot of that kind of hair, those pump bottles are gonna see a lot of action.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

MisterOblivious posted:

Pantene is loving awful. It completely strips all of the oil out of your hair and scalp and replaces it with silicone. That's not healthy. Don't do that to yourself.

Yeah, Pantene makes my scalp itch and burn and, on occasion, detach a disgusting amount of hair in the shower. I have high hopes in Kirkland, though.

Can someone describe check out etiquette? Does it vary by region? I've only been to one location and these are details I've observed:

- put conveyor belt divider upside down, Costco membership card in the divider to lead the way for your groceries in line
- there is a human being, employed by Costco, that unloads the shopper's cart onto the conveyor belt and then loads the cart again after the purchase is complete
- that 1.50 dog and soda with free refill to your right, demanding praise

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Chinatown posted:

unload your own cart like a normal adult unless you are physically handicapped.

Last time we went and tried to do it ourselves and the employee kind of nudged us out for the way so that he could be the one putting it on the conveyor belt.
This time I was able to unload the small thing to the belt before the employee came over and surveyed my work.
I'm not obese or physically handicapped. Maybe it's a Minnesota thing?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

the mean lunch lady posted:

I wish more people would do this

Lol yeah. On my very first Costco trip, I didn't even have a cart. I just held the honey and sour cream tub in my arms while I waited behind people with substantially filled carts. I know Costco isn't a place where they would ever have an Express lane, but that and self-check outs are what I like most about regular grocery stores.

Costco ain't no regular grocery store, though. It's a grocery paradise.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Dump your girlfriend and keep the rotisserie chicken

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Ling Ling makes my heart sing Costco praises

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Thank you, Lord, for my Costco-denched hair this evening. pbuc

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone got any questions about Australian Costco?

Are the Australian Costco members fatter than the average Australian?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
The pepperoni pizza touched my heart in all the right places. I know it's heresy, but it meant more to me than the dog

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Gathered together for the twenty-five minute journey to Costco. I tried the brat+sauerkraut with soda (free refill), churro, and my husband got the prop slice. Between the brat and dog, the dog is better. I would've thrown the churro out if my husband hadn't accepted it as one of his own.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Going to a different Costco on saturday, kind of excited.

Like trying a new position with someone you love.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have CBD oil that I bought (finally allowed in Wisconsin :rolleyes:). I started using it shortly after I started vomiting everything up, so I stopped using it just to take out all other possibilities.

So far quitting smoking has been helping a bit as well. Plus I just don't each much.

Isn't Milwaukee taking steps forward to legalize recreational marijuana?

I've been underweight for almost my whole life -- wasn't able to maintain 100lbs even until I started smoking. I went from never feeling hungry/feeling physical discomfort when eating to being a normal weight with a decent eating pattern now.

Last week I went to Costco high, which was perfect for a food court experience.

Which of you goons is gonna make a Costco SA emote? Representation is severely lacking!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Imagine if costco sold weed.

You know that Kirkland bud would be good, too

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What do you all use the large jars of pesto for? I keep seeing them, and I'm so tempted to buy it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to use it all

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Woah really? I thought pesto went bad within a week or so.

This... this changes things.

Same. I thought it went bad in a few days and saw that jar would be insurmountable. My eyes are opened

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Beautiful insight on the pesto, everyone. I am inspired!

Can't speak for the Kirkie jeans, but I like the Kirkland shorts and boxers that are available. Fabric feels nice and they're good staples. I feel too weirded out about buying women's clothing at Costco (or any place with groceries), but who knows what the future holds

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Taima posted:

Yes, ketchup on hot dogs is for children. Sorry that makes you mad still.

This is true; I've only eaten ketchup with hot dog when the dogs were sliced up so I wouldn't choke.
Ketchup is just too sweet for dogs.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Sam Walton has infiltrated us

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I've been down to the Burnsville one a few times! The food court needs more space away from the cashiers, but I always get a good parking spot there.
Poor guy :(

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I've never had a Costco sample. I have an inherent distrust of strangers giving me food and not eating with me

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Do I really need to wash my Sherpa throw before first use like the instructions say? I'm afraid it will spoil the cloud-like quality

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Followed a rainbow today, and a led me to the Dedham Costco

PBUC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting while on the 'co Sherpa throw, back against an all-cotton pillow that feels fresh and pure while gazing deep into a bowl of Kirkland tortilla chips with organic chunky guacamole, yours courtesy of Costco

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
My Costco had full-body children's Halloween costumes hanging from the ceiling and it looked like little hanging people :(
I should've taken a photo. It startled me

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Anyone else try the vegan salad yet?

Squashy Nipples posted:

Would be nice if they could heat the meat up separately, and then slide it onto the salad before serving.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Help. I have half a Costco peach pie ( SUCH BOUNTY) with a sell by date of 7/31/2018. It's been in the fridge the whole time. Is it safe to eat? Reheat and eat? Am I risking illness?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

AWarmBody posted:

Help. I have half a Costco peach pie ( SUCH BOUNTY) with a sell by date of 7/31/2018. It's been in the fridge the whole time. Is it safe to eat? Reheat and eat? Am I risking illness?

Please help. this is an urgent issue as I've just put the pie on the counter

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
The pie is in the oven, toasting up.
Thank you, believers

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I have an unfortunate update for all of you.
It looked lovely.
It smelled lovely.
I was so ready for it.

But that first bite tasted like was a musty old rain-damaged books goshDANGIT.
It was bad. The second bite didn't happen, and neither did the first swallow. It went in the garbage.

If I had kept it in an air tight container in the fridge it would've lasted the two weeks past sell by date?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

GORDON posted:

Does that sign say they add 7 or 8 cents the the cost, at checkout?

I've never seen food tax small print put on a price sign before. I thought everyone would just know that tax is a thing...?

PS used to buy those dogs and cook them in the microwave. Dab of mustard for each bite.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Maybe if Sam's Club didn't suck rear end, it'd have its own GBS thread.

How is the laundry detergent? Does it smell good? I ran out and I'd like to go Kirkland for it

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
The Costco mailer came today. I'm looking forward to the $4 discount on Izze, which is a personal staple.

Sometimes I lie in bed and imagine shopping at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

FCKGW posted:

I was actually quite relieved because I DO NOT want to eat the whole dang thing

Costco was looking out for you, not shorting you.
PBUC