Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Is half this thread just goons trying to not buy a membership?

Because it seems like it.

Get jobs you motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

TraderStav posted:

January and July are furniture months. Go now.

Yeah they had a shitload of furniture out when I was there this morning.

Having some CostCo rum and smoking some CostCo ribs in front of some CostCo lawn furniture.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

thanks! :hf:

It's good though it might look better than it actually is i.e. it's a pretty normal subdivision and I got neighbors right next to me but shouldn't ever have neighbors behind me (both because of the power line right of way and my lot is fairly normal tract home wide but it's about football field deep) and I'm on the side of a hill obviously.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

asdf32 posted:

Are any of the Kirkland brand booze bad?

Their spiced rum is gross.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

This lady's Costco was taller than her is.

Did not get a hotdog because I got a one of those big rear end NY strip loins that I'm going to cut a couple steaks off of and freeze the rest. Also got a bag of tri tips I haven't tried their tri tips yet but they look pretty good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

toplitzin posted:

The frozen Yakisoba are poo poo and not worth it.

I didn't even know there was frozen Yakisoba I've gotten the fresh ones that come with 4 portions in a bag (that aren't frozen but need refrigerated) and the other ones that come in a box (6 per? 8?) and don't need refrigerated.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

If I go to buy something and the price has increased
Im more likely to buy it as the price increase indicates that this item is of quality and desirable and in high demand.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chinatown posted:

thats extremely blessed actually

Guy's "Dragon's Breath" chili recipe is loving delicious IMO. 4.9 stars and 468 reviews on foodnetwork.com and it has ground beef, italian sausage, and boneless chuck in it (and beans!).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Costco tri tips today. They're 4.69 a pound IIRC but they're trimmed really well so that puts them on par with $2.99 or so you can occasionally get at grocery store sales prices and I'm guessing it'll be better quality meat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The buns have always had seeds

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ravendas posted:

Ate a hotdog in Michigan a few days ago, paying close attention to the bun.

Seedless, as usual. Which is good, I don't like sesame seeds.

Stop lying why are you lying

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

My Costco stopped selling take and bake pizzas why the gently caress would they do that they wont sell you an uncooked one from the food court either

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

TraderStav posted:

I have been feeling good since I bought this life changing device. I get SO mad when nature calls and Im at work and not near it. The rest of the day is uncomfortable and its the first thing I hit when I get back home.

You must be really bad at wiping

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Does anyone have a Costco kayak Im thinking about buying a Costco kayak. Rigid ones, not inflatable. They got the 1 person for $299 and 2 person for $399

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kayak chat:

This would be almost exclusively used to tootle around the shore at Tahoe and wed get one single for my gf and the tandem would be for me plus gear and maybe very very rarely a guest.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Our species doesnt deserve to live

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shwqa posted:

I'm in Costco right now.... it was surprisingly dull for an apocalypse. No toilet paper, no papertowls, no dish detergent, no chicken, very little bread, very little canned fish. Everything else is normal.

Edit: There is a lot of alcohol being bought and a one eye man is yelling but I think that is just Reno being Reno.

I went to Sparks this morning and it was busy but not insane. Only really unusual thing was the line stretching halfway through the story for TP and paper towels (limit of 1 each).

They had every single register open though. Only had to wait for one person to check out before I was up.

Got one of those 15 pound NY strip loins and two big boxes of Cheezits and some ciabatta rolls.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fuckin :lol:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Grem posted:

Is Costco back to normal now? Running out of that frozen yakisoba. My kids love that poo poo for some reason, which is weird because they're kids, and they have vegetables usually.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

They were wrong about rice though. They had an endcap with a fair number of 40 or 50 pound bags.

And they had a shitload of Tillamook cheddar bricks and slices so I can't see how they can say cheese is really an issue. Like if they were out of everything except that lovely wannabe parm and the cheese platter mixes I could see saying they were out of most cheese.

But there was other stuff that should have been on there and wasn't. They were completely out of milk, half and half, and cream.

No TP and nearly every single cart had a huge paper towel pack and/or napkins. RIP the sewer system.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

:lol: :hf:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

poisonpill posted:

Does anyone have a good panic buy Roni list for the 'sco?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I admire everyone who can use a bidet and use toilet paper for drying. I gotta wipe down my rear end in a top hat either way. No bidet can leave me clean and I've tried alot of them. Even those futuristic Japanese toilets once. It blasted my butthole good and for good measure I put it on "'lady" mode and blasted my god drat balls too.

Still had to wipe away dook residue! Maybe my hole is just too hairy? But I aint gonna shave my rear end in a top hat. I'm gonna keep using fruit by the foot lengths of tp

Thank you for talking graphically about your poo poo encrusted anus in the Costco thread

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yes. You basically use eggs for everything when you cook. They're also delicious by themselves. I can absolutely go through a costco sized pack of eggs in my household over 2 weeks. Its not the only thing I'd be picking up anyways

Something I've noticed is that my gf and I use a lot more eggs when we've got a lot more free time e.g. if we're busy during the week we'll make relatively quick and easy dinners but if we're working from home all of a sudden it's quiche for breakfast and homemade pasta for dinner and we're using 3x as much eggs as normal.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

How have Spindrift supplies been I dont drink regular water

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

AF posted:

lmao

That reminds me, my Costco had a premade meal I hadn't seen before: butter chicken. Of course, it was made from their rotisserie chickens. They get a lot of mileage out of those!

This is one of the meals my Costco started stocking when they stopped selling take and bake pizza iirc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They were wiping the carts

But after you already grabbed the cart and pushed it inside, right? Thats what was happening here 2 weeks ago. I'm like thanks but unless you spray that poo poo all over my hands and face I'm not sure it's gonna help that much.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No they were pre-wiping all of the carts and had a stack of them lined up that they were handing out to people.

Mine wasn't doing that but they may have changed. I drove past yesterday and they had part of the parking lot blocked off and there was a line of people headed in with carts so they're definitely doing something different.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ArbitraryC posted:

probably a good reason to stop going.

Honestly do not get why anyone is still going to grocery stores right now. poo poo's been going on for like a full month at this point. Senior hour at the local co still has a line out through the parking lot lol, place is deserted by the afternoon.

I feel like there's a lot of people doing the mental math on how long they can last with current supplies and thinking "If I hit the stores one more time I can make it an extra two weeks and it's probably better to do this right now than 2-4 weeks from now."

That's what I'm thinking anyway. If I do go I'll probably wait until Wednesday since that's when they're slowest though I hope everyone else doesn't have the same idea.

I feel like if you've got some wipes and hand sani and you take proper precautions your risk is very minimal right now as long as you live in a smaller city.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

FilthyImp posted:

2ish weeks is what I expect a couple would take to go through most of their food if they're literally at home all day every day.

At some point your meat or veggies will start to turn And even with beans, rice, canned food and ramen you'll need some variety. Much less any of the "poo poo I only had a 1/4 bottle oil and now..." kind of things.

Yeah I'm at the point where a trip now is probably more about quality of life for the last two weeks of the next month than any kind of actual urgent need (i.e. I do have a shitload of beans and rice).

Like it absolutely will extend my ability to quarantine another two+ weeks but it'll also make 4 quarantine weeks a lot nicer I guess.

Part of my personal calculus also factors in that I'm WFH but my wife is not (yet, I'm hoping soon but her employer sucks poo poo), so no matter what I do I can't reduce my exposure to zero so the added very minimal risk of a careful trip to Costco right now doesn't seem like a problem.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Freeze your meat. There's really no excuse for it to go bad.

I just ate some recently thawed 5 year old smoked salmon and it was loving delicious. Gonna make this with it later.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/smoked_salmon_pasta/print/

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chinatown posted:

I buy my steaks and put them in individual ziplock bags and freeze them.

Also good to freeze are the Sabatinos chicken sausages. :D

Costco (at least here) has big rear end 12+ pound NY strip loins for less than 6 bucks a pound. I buy these and cut them real thick (to make them easy to reverse sear) and vacuum seal them 2 steaks to a pack (which is enough for 4+ people).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Anyone that eats rear end can eat some stroganoff that's been chilling in the fridge for 12 days.

Anyone that doesn't eat rear end can gtfo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Should limit it to one, two person teams with two carts (which I absolutely saw today) are just hoarding anyway.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I went in yesterday at about 3PM and it was eerie . Could park right up at the front of the store. The whole place smelled like Clorox. Hardly anyone at the store at all and no line.

Maybe I'm part of the problem. Just went in for groceries and dog food and got out quick. Should be set now for a few weeks at least. Wonder how low gas prices at Costco will get now that oil is tanking.

I think as long as you're not trying to get TP or other high demand items you go in the afternoon and there's no crowd because everyone else is going at 10-12 in the morning trying to get that stuff.

I went at 11 AM today and it was very busy but not insane. Only thing I got though that they'd possibly run out of was eggs which I don't care that much about so if I'd have thought about it I would have waited until 3 or so.

There's still a lady standing inside the store with a spray bottle of something and a dirty rear end rag. No thanks, lady, I got wipes.

Other change was the addition of the plexiglass shields around the registers. I know from this thread to just hold up my card rather than put it on the conveyor belt or try to hand it to them.

They have marks on the floor now in front of the registers to enforce social distancing and the person that is now there to unload your cart for you (which was awesome) explains it to you as you approach the register.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

OLED is nice but Samsung's QLED technology is superior.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

don't ruin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BONGHITZ posted: