Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I go to Costco every day and finger all the ground beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BaseballPCHiker posted:

To the people who insist on flushing the "flushable" wipes.

Enjoy your higher property taxes in the coming years as your towns public works department has to pay to dig up streets and rip up and replace sewers and upgrade water treatment plants because you're to dumb to ignore good advice.

Headed to church today. Havent bought gas in close to a month, going to fill up and try and get some eggs and Fage yogurt.

I’m a job creator.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

We made fajitas using Costco NY strip loin last night and they were delicious. Kenji's marinade is the best.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/grilled-skirt-steak-fajitas-food-lab-recipe.html

1/2 cup (120ml) soy sauce
1/2 cup (120ml) lime juice, from 6 to 8 limes
1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil
1/4 cup (55g) packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder (see note)
3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I haven’t gotten my Trump bux yet I hope I get them soon as I was planning on using them to purchase Costco meat products.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder if stuff like this means every grocery store in the country has three less Smithfield ham products or of it means every grocery store within a 400 mile radius of that particular meat packer has zero Smithfield anything. I would guess closer to the former so it'll probably result in less product on the shelves nationwide but probably not the type of thing your average shopper would notice unless a lot more plants shut down. But I'm just spitballin here.

I wish I had gotten some pork shoulders or maybe a brisket to smoke, working from home all day it's perfect to get up every once in a while and check on the smoker.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a Costco vs population density heatmap that accounts for Sam's club locations also I'm thinking about moving and would like to move to a location that has a high Costco per capita ratio.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Barry posted:

My goto Ramen is the Shim Black in the typical ramen packages, which also has a lot of packaging. Main packaging then three packets inside for vegetables and seasonings.

Xaris posted:

while i like them, and they could be a little bigger with the bowl/noodles (220 cal is nice but i wouldn't mind if it was like 300 for a still light-lunch, i imagine most of that is the oil). my biggest gripe is it's like 50000 packages to unwrap and it feels stupidly wasteful. like there's packaging for the bowl, packaging for the noodles, packaging for the packaging of seasonings inside of it. it's kind of comical.

my insta-noodle stuff is mostly the Ning Shim Black ramen cups, they're really good.

It's Nongshim Shin Ramyun Black you butt plugs.

The packages (as opposed to the cups) are considered to be of superior quality due to how their noodles are prepared but I've never cared enough to compare them back to back, they're both very good.

Prima Taste Laksa La Mian is, of course, the best of all the instant noodle type meals, but they're also around double the price of Shin Black depending on where you're getting them. They also are really only properly prepared on a stove top in a small pot, so not as convenient as something that is easily microwaved.

Myojo Ippei-chan Yakisoba style noodles are also nice (the ones in the red/green package, not to be confused with the similar product in the white/blue package which can go gently caress itself as far as I'm concerned). These are particularly great for work if you have a water cooler that dispenses hot water. You fill the package with hot water and then the lid becomes a seive and you pour all the water out, then add the seasonings and sauces. Because of that there's no broth here, you just eat the noodles with a fork you don't need a spoon to eat the broth or a cup to pour it down your gullet, because there is no broth. But the main attraction here is yakisoba sauce (which is basically molasses/worcestershire/umami/oyster flavor) and the spicy mustard/mayo packet, so if you don't like those two things then you definitely won't like Myojo Yaki.

But of course neither of those are available at Costco so I'm not sure why I brought them up.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ya'll got some short rear end legs, I'm pretty tall (6'5") but I wear 36x50, how you guys have legs that are 14-16" shorter than mine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wait, maybe I wear 50x36

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Inseam is accurately measured from the center of the ankle bone to the center of the anus

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fallom posted:

Media panic is going to be a far greater cause of shortages than temporary plant closures

Either way, ribeyes are the new toilet paper

The NY strip loins are the way to go. $5.79 a pound at my Costco and I take them home and cut them real thick and freeze them and then they're perfect to sous vide or reverse sear.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wife went to Sparks NV Costco today. Meat selection was okay but they limit you, I think to three items items per category (3 beef, 3 fish, 3 seafood, etc). She got 15 pounds of pork shoulder and 2 packages of flap meat and some shrimp and some halibuts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

StormDrain posted:

If you play your cards right three of each meat is a 6 month supply for two people.

Yeah, for sure. I thought about having her get one of the 15 pound NY strip loins but I'm pretty sure I still have an entire one (broken down into steaks) in the freezer still.

Three of those plus three pork butts and you're already talking 90 pounds of meat that's enough for 2 Americans for at least 2 weeks.

I'm glad they're doing it. You can still get a poo poo ton of meat you just can't be a totally enormous rear end in a top hat and clean out the entire loving beef aisle.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does anyone have any pointers about how to get my sister in law to watch me play a video game about loving pigeons

e: sorry wrong thread

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hakimashou posted:

What are the exact dimensions of the bottles?

They’re not suitable for sexual use.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Woah, so you can buy one of these Shield TV Pros and plug an external hard drive enclosure into it and it'll replace my Plex server?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ok Comboomer posted:

Soundbars...not even once. Unless it’s for like a bedroom or really small space and even then powered speakers or something like an audioengine B2 is way preferable.

Hell even a 2.0 stereo with amp/receiver. Small good, aesthetically pleasing speakers are super super cheap these days. There’s neat vintage options too.

Absolutely nobody needs to buy a sound bar even the best ones are still junky junk

Sound bars are fine for living rooms and bedrooms, everyone should have a separate dedicated 7.2.4 home theater anyway.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

yes you do

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I miss just going to Costco and wandering around. I went every single week for like 6 months until Covid. Sometimes I wouldn't even get a cart and just wander around and maybe pick up one or two things. Couple times I went up and down every single aisle even the boring ones that only have like adult undergarments and batteries just so I didn't miss anything good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BONGHITZ posted:

I am not writing a thank you letter to a brand

You'll do it and you'll like it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Don't write it to a brand, write it to a person, the CEO's name is W. Craig Costco.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Meydey posted:

I can confirm that the video of the guy back east giving the manager poo poo and then losing his cart is making the rounds at Corporate. So far approval has been 100% behind the manager, to the point of us saying that should be a training video on how to handle mask issues.
No response from upper management but the rank and file approve and support masks.

If it weren't for the mask policy I probably wouldn't be shopping at Costco just because at least the last time I went it was a lot busier than your typical grocery store. I figure 100% mask usage at least puts them back on equal footing, if not superior, vs. Safeway where there's a lot less people per square foot but 1/2 of them aren't wearing masks.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I was gonna go today but Friday before holiday weekend probably isn't the best time, probably wait till Tuesday or Wednesday.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

At some point recently they got a new recipe for the take and bake pizzas. I haven't tried the new ones, but the old ones were bad. The only good thing about them is that it was cheaper to buy a pepperoni pizza just for the 2 lbs of sliced pepperoni on top than to buy packaged pepperoni.

wtf, my costco stopped carrying take and bake pizzas and is using that space for taco kits and salad kits and poo poo.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Went to church today and there were no less than three maskless people inside the holy of holies, defiling it.

They were doing a great job making sure people had masks as they went in. I was grabbing a cart when I heard the greeter say “Do you have a mask sir!?...well you do now!” and the dude did put it on, after he’d pushed his cart 15 yards into the store. Whoever hired this particular employee deserves a promotion because telling him to gently caress off would be equivalent to telling Santa to gently caress off, he was a super jovial chubby white haired boomer. Dead ringer for Brian Doyle-Murray tbh.

But I didn’t see anyone policing while inside the store.

Last time I was at Costco was 6-8 weeks ago and I didn’t see a single person without a mask. AND there wasn’t a statewide mask order then, but there is now.

Not good.

I think maybe they got rid of the three fresh meats per person signs but I didn’t really look because I didn’t need more than three fresh meats anyway. Meat prices are still way jacked for the good stuff though. I love me some steaks but I’m not paying 11.99/lb for NY strips when I can get pork chops for $3 a pound still. Pre covid you could get NY strip loins for $6 a pound but I haven’t seen one since February.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Tritip was $10/lb at Costco last week. NO THANKS

Meat shortage is real

Lol gently caress that. Tri tip should be 5.99 absolute tops and that’s only if it’s amazing quality and perfectly trimmed.

Average price should be like $4/lb.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

Do you think it would be an rear end in a top hat move to start cussing those people out?

Not at all. I wanted to cuss them out but I also didn’t want to get close to them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Degrease your Pizza, ulillillia style.

Here's a handy Tutorial

Now I want pizza

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I saw a picture on the internet that was exactly like this except instead of the dogs being inside a tortilla they were inside a man anus.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Leaving Kirkland: Night Three

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC9o_unLq4

The hot dog is warm and inviting, safe and familiar.  Until she realizes that the hot dog will forever be the same, by choice or not. She says, "Hot Dog, I wish you could change for I have outgrown you.  But we will always have the memory of our times together, in sun and bun.  Farewell". And the hot dog knows she will discover happiness in her newfound freedom.

This is art

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fizzymercy posted:

You guys should eat the chipotle bitchin' sauce with Fritos scoops. I may have gained 10lbs with one tub but it was worth it.

My boss gave me a $1000 Costco gift card for working nonstop through a pandemic and frankly I have no idea what to do with it. I got some tires and probably 15lbs of cheeses and now I'm vapor locked from choices.

Get a kayak

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Get the most expensive one you can find you only have one anus and it deserves to be pampered.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

priznat posted:

I’m personally tempted to get the super cheap model that just has the squirter to try it out. It’s like $25 or whatever, can’t go wrong.

Then I would move up to the wifi enabled model so I can tell siri I am about to take a dump and she can warm the seat and turn the lights down and put on some mood music.

If you just want to "try it out" to see what it feels like just use a turkey baster.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I love haloumi that's a top tier cheese.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Put chicken bake filling in the onion dispenser.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco by me previously always had ~12 pound strip loins for $5.79 a pound and I'd buy them and cut them 2" thick which is perfect for reverse searing them and then vacuum pack and freeze them but they haven't had them for months and months and now I think I'm getting close to running out (I don't know for sure because there could be some buried in my freezer) what do I do please help me I can't run out of good cheap steak

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

Have you tried a restaurant supply store like Smart Foodservice (formerly cash and carry)? I want to say I paid $5ish/lb for a vac pack of 8 or 9 peeled tri-tips. It was over a hundred bucks but we will be eating steak once or twice a week for a month or two.

A couple months ago I checked on the restaurant place that everyone ITT was talking about and there wasn't one in Reno but there is one of these in Reno.

$5 a pound is a bad price for tri tip normally but I'd pay that happily now.

Tbh I'd be driving over there right now but I'm slightly drunk.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

Have you tried a restaurant supply store like Smart Foodservice (formerly cash and carry)? I want to say I paid $5ish/lb for a vac pack of 8 or 9 peeled tri-tips. It was over a hundred bucks but we will be eating steak once or twice a week for a month or two.

These aren't frozen right? Like if I can repackage these one or two in a package and freeze them I'm down but that's gonna be a lot more difficult if they're already frozen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GORDON posted:

Same boat. I ask the butcher behind the glass, and the answer is always the same: "I had a couple strip loins that I put out this morning, but they went pretty fast."

I wondered if this might be the case. I always go afternoon because I don't give a poo poo about toilet paper or paper towels or hand sani or whatever people are usually fighting about but I might try and go a little earlier if it means I get a strip loin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got one in right now, think I'm gonna do a deep search on the freezer to know exactly where I'm at because I bet I have one or two more packs in there buried. I saw the writing on the wall pretty early and bought some extra in Feb or March.