Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

fizzymercy posted:

You guys should eat the chipotle bitchin' sauce with Fritos scoops. I may have gained 10lbs with one tub but it was worth it.

My boss gave me a $1000 Costco gift card for working nonstop through a pandemic and frankly I have no idea what to do with it. I got some tires and probably 15lbs of cheeses and now I'm vapor locked from choices.

You don't have to spend it all at once. Also if you're not familiar with Costco they sometimes have items that only last on their shelves for weeks or even days. So it's fun to go there for impulse buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

priznat posted:

Was it you who liked stacy’s pita chips and got them removed from costco?!?

these are back now

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

canyoneer posted:

Join the bidet club and don't worry about toilet paper quality again. The water does 95% of the work for you

MarcusSA posted:

This x1000.

It’s freeing.

GORDON posted:

Had to travel.recently.

No bidet in hotel room.

It was like being a caveman.

I've been able to convert a couple of my friends since this pandemic started. Every one of them is now on the, 'lmao just imagine cleaning your rear end by rubbing it with loving paper LIKE A CAVEMAN' train.

Everyone should have a bidet

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Huge_Midget posted:

Holy crap, I’m glad bidet chat is happening right now because I’ve been on the fence about getting one, and Costco’s website has several different options. Are there any particular recommendations on one that the ‘Co carries? I know Toto basically perfected them, but they only carry one by Toto and it seems to have mixed reviews. I’d like to keep it to $600 or less if possible. Please help me take my rear end wiping game to the next level fellow churchgoers!

both brands are fine iirc. i bought the brondell brand and have been happy with it. at that point just go with whatever features you want vs. what seems like overkill

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

I can never find the legendary Sherpa blanket at my church that you guys rave about. Is this equivalent? (It’s on lightning deal right now.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HF2CR82/

wait for costco's. they'll be like half the price as these and almost definitely higher quality

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

priznat posted:

Companies who are hardasses about the mask thing get my respect, apparently Delta airlines do not gently caress around and will have a doctor grill you for an hour if you try to pull some bullshit medical exemption crap.

I don’t think I have ever flown delta tho they are probably horrible in other ways being an airline and all.

hi there. come to the business travel thread. delta is generally regarded as the best american airline by a wide margin. they were my airline of choice before all this poo poo kicked off and their actions throughout this is just reinforcing my decision

(free wifi if you have tmobile too)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

The food court asks for membership too

Which you would know

If you were a member

I've never been asked for membership at any Costco food court I've ever been to

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Republicans posted:

My local costco stopped selling the white/rosa/fiesta packs of monster ultra and is back to the inferior white/orange/purple. :(

They also started selling Bang but one of the flavors is cotton candy so that's a hard pass.

i want to know why monster blues are so hard to find anywhere. they were the original and the best and it seems like monster is actively trying to kill them

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Welp my bidet is now triggering the GFCI outlet any time I attempt to turn it on. Time to return and order a new one

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Xaris posted:

Was it working before and what brand did you get? Have you tried any other appliance like a hair dryer or something? i guess it could be shorting yeah

Brondell and yeah it's been working for almost a year now. It would occasionally break the circuit maybe once every other month which I figured was suspicious but hey the fix was easy. Looks like it finally gave up. I'll try another appliance just to be sure

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Trastion posted:

I don't know if GFIs are like regular circuit breakers for your house but those ones once they start tripping they trip easier each time. It has something to do with the metal inside wearing out a bit with each trip. I had to replace a circuit for my man cave because it started to trip all the time. Spent a bunch of money changing out all my UPSes and stuff before I figured it out.

nah they detect power imbalances between hot and neutral, not power surges. this is why they're installed in kitchens and bathrooms as they can detect possible shocks when electronics are submerged in water

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Oh wtf this food court selection is not blessed

My churro!!

pretty sure this is so they can keep as few people as possible in the kitchen for their safety

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

norp posted:

Bought this from Costco today, my god it's awesome and I'm gonna eat it way too fast

my friends have come to expect this any time they come over. it’s phenomenal

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Paul MaudDib posted:

Or an airfryer. Seriously top ten best ‘co purchases for me for sure. I use it all the time for basically “oven, but faster/crispier”. I heat hot dog buns and the mini naan dippers, mozzarella sticks, heat leftovers, etc. extremely versatile appliance.

yup. i got the cuisinart toaster oven / air fryer combo before this whole outbreak happened and it’s easily my most used appliance now besides... the fridge i guess. 100% recommend

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ugh don't buy the dedicated air fryers that can only do that. get the toaster oven combo so you have something that's worthwhile to keep on your counter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

marfarkin ling ling dumplings

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh drat SECRET jerky? Wait, is fatty jerky still a thing?

lol someone never saw what was probably the best post ever on this forum

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

enlighten me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Xaris posted:

This is mostly a thing about everything as it's distilled and filtered through lens of marketing, tourism, internet, and identity filling-void-absent-of-identity. "oh my you just have to have San Francisco clam chowder bread bowls when you come!!" and its like gently caress you nobody here eats loving clam chowder bread bowls and our seafood is all imported you loving morons. Likewise Santa Fe isnt just hatch green chilli enchilladas 24/7, New York isn't just greasy bodega pizza that slides off onto the ground as soon as you pick it up, Laramie isn't just bison steaks, Paris isn't just escargot and crepes, Belgium isn't waffles all day, UK isn't just fish and chips, Berlin isn't just hofbrau and currywurst everyday, Bostonites don't just eat canolia, Chicago doesnt eat deep dish all day, etc. A lot of that just comes out of advertising/marketing/chamber of commerce announcing The Official City Food, and being because its known as The Tourist Food You Just Have To Try! you get a lot of places catering to it in touristy areas but most people don't do it like more than twice a year or something.

baltimore / the eastern shore is 100% about that blue crab tho

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Olanphonia posted:

That, and judging people who aren't good at picking crabs.

Or don't use old bay

the true division is over the mustard

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Pick posted:

what's somethign a single woman could buy hersoilf at costco to make the pain go away temporarily, thinking 300 dollar range

depending on your state you can get *a lot* of booze there

or you can get a sherpa blanket for $20 and use the remaining $280 on 186 $1.50 dogs and sodas (with refill)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

13Pandora13 posted:

Speaking of disgusting beverages, today one of my coworkers had Lacroix coconut cola and it's one of those things if I saw it on the rack at Costco, I'd recoil in horror like "who the everloving gently caress would buy this?!"

My coworker, apparently.

the coconut lacroix is by far the best flavor. makes your pee smell like coconut too

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Made the best wings I’ve ever made in my life by dumping some fridge cold chopped wings into a bowl with a dash of olive oil and random spices into the goddamn airfryer. The family loved them to and elevated them to the status of “birthday food” with a day and date request. My first ever batch. Amazing technology. I can feel years of cooking technique knowledge leaving my body, and I am glad of it.

air fryer wings will make a believer out of everyone, yeah

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Do those white strips actually work / not destroy your enamel? I'm very wary of them

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Chinatown posted:

lol

btw had one pouch of this for dinner last night. pretty good! with cauliflower rice of course.

it's pricey but worth it. they don't skimp on the chicken

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Overdrift posted:

Bought the Costco mushroom chips I've been eyeing for months every time I'm at the 'co. They taste like dry ramen noodles but in mushroom shapes. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but disappointment is what I'm feeling now.

lol yeah i bought a pack of these too. i put out a few in a bowl any time i have people over and every time they're still there at the end of the night. they're not *bad* per se but they're just.... eh

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

dunno if this is obvious or not but do NOT use metal utensils with non-stick cookware. plastic and wood only. i've gotten a lot of life out of all my non-stick stuff this way

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The parmesan cheese chips are extremely good and also extremely dangerous. You'll devour the whole bag before you realize it. Always a smash hit when I bring them to parties though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

wtf y’all don’t know the shaking trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc7w_PGSt9Y

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Plastik posted:

It's also important to wipe down your wipers at least once a month if you want them to last. You can do it with the blue liquid that gas stations have on the fuel court, but it's better to get something that's designed specifically for windshields, because it will have lubricants and anti-beading agents that are compatible with (and will soak into and restore) the rubber blades on your wipers.

Before anyone asks, fuel court blue liquid is more often than not straight commercial glass cleaner and it will dry out the blades and make them crack prematurely. Sometimes it's not, sometimes it's windshield cleaner concentrate, but as someone who used to go around and check Wawas for compliance more often it's glass cleaner.

In the first sentence you're saying it will make the wipers last longer but in the second you're saying it cause them to crack prematurely

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

What are the carbs like on this? Good for keto?

iirc they’re unsweetened so it should be zero

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

thathonkey posted:

i got some of the mini quiches (half cheddar and half spinach) for breakfast that caught my eye last time i was there. forgot about these things. theyre good for an easy breakfast. you can microwave them but they kinda suck unless you take the time to use an oven.

sounds ez pz if you have an airfryer

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Lazyhound posted:

How’s the Kirkland kombucha?

it's pretty good imo. i pick it up every now and then

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

This might not be the place for it, but I'm not sure a Costco employee (manager, CEO, clerk, stock person) would be willing to put their lives on the line. On top of that, a ban from Costco would be cancelling their membership card, which means you'd, need their member card? If a guy is being an rear end in a top hat about his mask, and is refusing to leave you're not getting his membership card off of him, and even if you cancelled it that doesn't stop him from getting in the store, you just flash your card, there's not like a person scanning it or whatever. Add into the mix that some police are anti-mask, and aren't always going to show up right away when you call them, and you start to paint a picture that makes it apparent that no-one is actually capable of stopping these no mask people from doing what they want. In order to stop one of these belligerent people you need someone who can actually physically remove them, and the police aren't gonna do poo poo.

It depends on the store. Others have been zero-tolerance with revoking memberships for people refusing to put their masks back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fkVqEZGRA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

the cauliflower crust pizza is excellent though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ROJO posted:

Looks like those Midea 7ft^3 chest freezers are back online - some folks in here picked them up, right? We're looking to get another venue for stocking up on pre-made meals prior to a baby arriving - they seem well reviewed except for the propensity for dents on arrival. Any goon thoughts?

I got one the last time the link was posted. Delivery was delayed because they went out of stock almost immediately but it was eventually delivered a few weeks later. No dents in mine but I really wouldn’t have cared if there were. As far as chest freezers go it’s keeping things cold- so..... yeah. Would recommend

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

looking at getting myself one of the rowing machines from the website. can anyone comment on magnetic vs. water? they're about the same price and it looks like the magnetic one has nicer "motion" but seems like it'd be more prone to fail due to being more complicated

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

FCKGW posted:

why did you reply to this post from more than 4 years ago lol

it's on the first page

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Ultimate Mango posted:

I’m intrigued. Tell me more.

in a nutshell: the world is falling apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PSA: costco now apparently sells a supreme version of their cauliflower crust pizza