Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Here in Seattle, cream cheese is popular on dogs.
It is gross and I'm glad Costco doesn't encourage such behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I wonder how long you could live in a Costco without anyone finding out.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I always steam frozen veggies on the stove, and everything comes out perfectly. I assume you have a steamer that can fit into a pan, right?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FCKGW posted:

Oh poo poo, the Corona one is by my house. I should seek out this 'burg tomorrow.

That is an excellent looking burger.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Xaris posted:

i wonder what less popular items they're replacing are.

aside from dog+pizza staple, we have between 2 different locations:

hot turkey & provolone sandwich $4 - 740 cals
chicken bake $3 - 770s
bbq brisket sandwich $5 - 610 cas
caesar salad $4 - 650 cal

none of those items are particularly good imo. brisket was eh and way too pricy, turkey sandwich really sucked. i dunno about the caeasar salad but lol at ordering that i dont think i ever saw anyone with it

actually i think turkey and caesar salad might be gone now since i dont remember seeing them, at least at my normal loc

I've had the bbq sandwich, it was okay but not worth the $5. I agree that the turkey sandwich is garbage and I hope it gets replaced.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Xaris posted:

still thinking about those dogs

wondering if i should buy costco stock but i guess it will keep going lower first

Wall Street still thinks Amazon buying Whole Foods will change everything. Maybe when Whole Amazon gets 100% all beef dogs(and a drink!) for $1.50(so never).

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Ok so I swung by Costco today to get gas (and drop a deuce in the newly remodeled bathrooms) and noticed a full drink vending machine filled with only bottles of Kirkland water tucked back there.

$.25 for a bottle. One quarter.

PBUC.

I haven't seen a vending machine with anything for a quarter since I was in middle school, wow.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dely Apple posted:

Heresy flows from idleness and lack of dogs

This is how people end up in :nms:Sam's Club:nms:

Disgusting, mods?!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

curufinor posted:

it prolly wouldn't work, the dogs are designed to be a loss leader
dunno if a membership-based convenience store would work, because a lot of convenience store business is... just one-offs

tj's, definitely possibility
they could cream tj's supply chain, those guys literally operate out of like 3 warehouses or something

Costco says it doesn't lose money on the dogs. They just don't make any money on them.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

I would skip the infrastructure and partner with some existing retailer to get those Kirkland shits in a non-Costco store. But you know whatd go a long way would be setting up one of those things that Walmart has where you can pre-order all your groceries online and show up just to grab a box.

Costco puts the most popular stuff(dairy, chickens, etc) in the back of the store so that people will browse and purchase much more than expected. Offering pre-order removes most of what makes Costco work.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

JewKiller 3000 posted:

I experienced this at my first Costco visit today. One person flipped over most of the items in my cart to expose their barcodes, while another manning the register scanned some more fragile items like strawberries. Then the register person used a scanner gun to hit the entire cart in like 2 seconds. The whole transaction was done in 30. It was magical.

The thing I always notice at Costco is that the employees are happy. Not that fake lovely 'everyone smiles in a creepy way' happy, but they always talk to me and act as if they give a poo poo.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Mo_Steel posted:

Wait, you can go eat the dog before shopping? Do you just walk in the out door or through an empty register or?

I feel like someone just told me I've been brushing my teeth backwards or something, gently caress.

Yeah, you can walk in the 'out' door. Just like if you had to do a return or something.
Eating before you shop is good to reduce impulse buying and to not be that rear end that blocks all the food tables with their cart.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Why wouldn't you have a membership though? That is crazy talk.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Plus it only takes 5 seconds and if it is busy they just quickly check a few items and let you go. A small price to pay to save so much.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

Shaking my loving head at these jerks that don't even appreciate a free Kirkland brand scorpion

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/nova-scotia/man-finds-live-scorpion-in-bag-of-bananas-from-costco-1.4246595

Also to the inept interviewer that didn't even ask if they got The Dog

Top quality scorpion, and great value.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Squashy Nipples posted:

As someone who regularly shops at BOTH Costco and Restaurant Depot, when there are items that are directly comparable, the Costco price is always better. When stuff is on sale at Costco, sometimes drastically cheaper.

The difference is the deeper selection at RD, as well as stuff you would only use in a commercial kitchen.

And for a lot of those items, go to a Business Costco. They still exist, carry a totally separate stock slated towards small businesses, and are usually pretty slow.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

KakerMix posted:

Right don't get whatever the hell that stuff is, get this stuff

I get this stuff occasionally, it is confirmed awesome.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I wish death upon the heretics

It is always parents. I think the exhaustion of dealing with kids burns out the 'be a decent human being' part of their brains.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

TheManWithNoName posted:

I liked it until it stopped working. The Wirecutter likes TCL so that's good enough for me.

They let us return it and right now it's also $30 cheaper than what we paid. We invested the difference in dairy.

Costco's return policy is incredible. Flat out amazing.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

C. Everett Koop posted:

Had the day off so I made the monthly pilgrimage. While checking out a manager or someone tried to upsell me on the Executive membership. I understand they got quotas and poo poo to probably meet but I'm not the person to try and hustle at a checkout. Ended up skipping the dog because I wanted to get out before they could try again.

Still PBUC and I'm not cancelling my membership because BJ's ain't around here and even though there's a Sam's across the street :lol: at going to Sam's Club, but not a good visit to the 'Co today folks.

If you buy a fair amount, the Executive Membership pays for itself. And while I have had Costco push it on me before, they always stop the second I say no.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Verisimilidude posted:

my sister and some family went and spent $800 at Costco over the weekend

Sometimes I don't buy very much either.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I bought the Kirkland sleep aid and that poo poo knocked me out holy duck 🦆!!

Best sleep I've had in a long while but I had weird dreams and struggles to get out of bed in the morning.

Sounds like Melatonin to me. I personally can't use the stuff, I go into a half awake/asleep coma every so often when using it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

C. Everett Koop posted:

Drunk Uncle comes over, whispers in your ear, "The best part is the return policy you know," slaps you on shoulders and walks away.

I love this

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

gently caress the ROW posted:

I'm signing up for this but now I'm worried that my car will be too small to bring back the items from costco. Do they sell SUVs?

Actually, they do.

https://www.costcoauto.com

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

thats the holy spirit

It rises within me!

:burp:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I wish they let you mix/match the 2-pack deals. Like, I want to buy a package of danishes and a package of muffins. They are both 2 packs for 7.99(I think), so I'd like to buy one of each.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

ArbitraryC posted:

My small apartment freezer can hold several packs of chicken/pork, several bags of frozen veggies, and several bags of frozen fruit.

Of course I don't have to play tetris around my boxes of frozen corndogs, taquitos, and wontons, so it makes it easier.

We've all seen the carts posted itt, we know what you're buyin that needs extra freezer space. Just like your pants need extra room for your fupas.

Grats on your freezer status, please tell us more about how you shop and eat healthy since it is all you post in this thread.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

When people I know ask what PC they should buy, and they are non-techy/don't care about games, I point them towards something from Costco. They are fairly decent computers.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about this. I didnt buy it but I am tempted to get a few for presents:

These sell out really fast each year, if you want one, buy one today.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

King sized blankets are good because women are blanket thieves.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I am offering prayers and offerings that Costco release a breakfast blend or doughnut house roast 3lb bag of coffee. It seems strange that this does not yet exist, PBUC.

Put it in the request book/box in the front of the store. There is a decent chance they will add it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Good Dog posted:

Y'all ever been to a Costco.... Business Center? It's like jerking off with your left hand or something out of the twilight zone.

Everything I just a bit different, lots of stuff is missing but also lots of stuff regular Costco doesn't have. No food court, no clothing, no bakery or butcher. They do have whole 40lb lambs or goats though.

It was dead quiet in there, no line and only 2 registers open anyways.

I love Costco Business Centers. I have one a few miles from my house, and it has lots of cool cooking stuff(super cheap quality chef knifes) and a whole bunch of useful stuff that a regular Costco doesn't have. And they are always really slow.
No food court or samples though.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Polish is the king dog.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

This person sucks.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

This was really funny.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The frozen ramen at Costco is amazing, and reasonably priced for the quality.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Taima posted:

I said it was ok to be poor guys, I don't get what all of this hubbub is about

There are tons of food items that are good to feed loved ones at Costco, the food court just isnt' one of them.

Again, it's great if you're by yourself. Get yourself a delicious hot dog for $1.49 with free refill. But do better by your loved ones, they're all you have.

Unless you can't afford food that isn't extruded out of a tube, in which case, do the best you can to feed the ones you love.

It's pretty simple really

lol this is some weak rear end trolling

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Tell the Costcos in Washington State to carry the burger and Italian Sausage please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

10-15% of stock is based on the wealth of the area and store manager discretion. Leave feedback at your local Costco, maybe things will change.