Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
These mocha freezes are so loving good it makes me think I'm probably taking a week off my life for every one I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

shovelbum posted:

do you tell them to hold the syrup

I probably should. Maybe I'll get an extra few days out of life in whatever post-Costco blasted hellscape we will all inherit.

Come to think of it, that life is probably not worth living :[

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I don't think anything else I've ever ingested in my life made me fart as much as that al pastor salad.

It was good though.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the farts or the salad?

Yes.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Trip report: bought a car battery from the Tire Store (should be called Tire and Battery Store) and I got $15 back for giving them my old battery.

Praise Be Unto Costco

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My girlfriend got a black Pendleton jacket for only 60$ and she is super happy.

The Costco rep at the checkout said that the palette was just put out today and like it's almost gone.

#blessed

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

MarcusSA posted:

This is legit the story of Costco clothes.

My girlfriend was a bit low on money so she was having second thoughts about the jacket, but she watched like a dozen ladies pick through and take one each in the span of her eating her slice o' cheese. She decided to go back and get it, and now lives regret free.

Praise be.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Whenever I see the menu at Canadian Costcos I just realize that somehow Church could get better than I already realize it is.

Apparently Heaven even has its own heaven.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
People don't seem to realize their six loving kids are basically professional plague spreaders even if the parents are staying six feet away from other adults. I'm glad Church is being proactive about this.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Vaguely Costco-related car-talk:

I'm a California transplant to Oregon so I am used to keeping my car topped off on gas in case of an earthquake or something.

However I barely drive it now, as I got a new job that I am working from home already with and my girlfriend is extremely jobless (I was able to snag her like one of the last Nintendo switch deals costco had online before they vanished everywhere so at least she's doing something! [PBUC])

She used to use our shared car the most for driving to work, so now the car is extremely unused. It's a prius also so the gas tank isn't too big, but should I put stabilizer into the gas due to under-use? Or just let the gas run empty in the next month or so? Is that something Costco can do or what?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
No TP in any church around the Portland area.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Ordering TP on Costco's website for on site pickup or something:

Should someone even fukken bother trying?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Went to church last night: the meat section was decimated, BUT there was a palatte of Kirkland TP.

So win some ya lose some. I can do without meat more than I can do without TP (girlfriend refuses to bidet it up).

Absolute shitload of Charmin TP tho. F dat.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My local churches are selling those fukken crack Mocha Freezes again

Jeez, I wish I didn't know that. Also hey, now you can wish the same as well!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco pizza makes me take big dookers and hurts tum tum.

Not because its bad, i just eat like 9 slices in 30 mins.

The chicken bakes make me feel legit bad after 1. Like real guilty, "i shouldn't of eaten this" kinda way.

The meat tubes of chicken bakes always make me feel like I just took a week off of my life. 100% regrets.

Sharing a slice of the 2$ pizza with my girlfriend seems to be the sweet spot of Costco food court food. I could easily eat the slice myself but it’s like 700 calories or something so sharing it never makes me feel like I just shortened my life.

That pizza is so fukken good too. And don’t get me started on the mocha freeze basically milk shakes. Oh man.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I live in downtown Portland and the nearest Costco is like an 8 mile / 20 min drive.

Totally worth it, and probably the furthest I drive to anything now.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

FCKGW posted:

I feel like bolting on a business center on to a regular Costco is cheating. Hillsboro, Oregon is still king in my book.

This was the particular church I went to when in the depths of pandemic initial hoarding all of the TP was gone everywhere else. Hillsboro still had a bunch.

PBUC

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Vaccine and a trip to the church food court sounds like the certain brand of modern dystopia that I can get behind.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Holy poo poo where is this?

...Actually never mind I'd probably better not tell my boba-loving girlfriend.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
What the gently caress? That’s an excommunicable offense from the Church.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I love Raos and if you bathe their nice tall jars in soap for a day their label comes right off. I store so many other dry goods and things in dem jars.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Puzzle Gewns: message me if you want a 1000 piece puzzle. Shipping might suck (~another $8 prob) but my church still has a flat of them last I checked.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Yeah gently caress, that stock is legit. That’s amazing and I am glad I spend so much money at a good company like the church!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

binge crotching posted:

I lose power 3-5 times a year, and have been thinking about one of those giant battery packs for the fridge. It's a ton of money, but it would be nice to not have to worry about the fridge when the power goes out for more than a few hours.

Once you get used to having your computer/internet/modem/whatever on a UPS you'll quickly realize it really makes life a lot better. Not having internet go down during a brown out is nice.

You'll feel the same about the fridge once you cough up the chunk of change.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Never regret a puzzle, just gift it to someone else when done.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
poo poo like Safeway was way worse than going to Costco today.

Why yes, I did both. Yes this straight jacket looks good on me!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
As someone who lives in Oregon, I definitely miss hard liquor at the Church.

Oh well, it probably keeps me from diving into alcoholism as I grow older thanks to that cheap $13 dollar white rum.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I bought my girlfriend a $45 standing small heater and she loves it. She basically takes it around to every room in our apt and has it pointing at her like half of every day now.

As I apparently don’t have coldness issues like her, I’ve definitely noticed the heat bill go down by her just using that versus using the central/apartment heating.

Thanks church!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Gaius Marius posted:

My dude have you heard of a sweater

I've heard of it, my girlfriend is apparently an ice cold void that is a black hole of heat.

The electricity bill hasn't gone up much, so shrug?

I mean, do most small heaters also mine bitcoin or something?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone use these lasso tower heater? Thinking about impulse buying one

This is the exact unit I bought for my gf that I spoke of last page. It works great but yeah added about another 10bux to my electric bill from her using it like 4 hours a day.

It makes my girlfriend happy since somehow her fingers are ice at all time or something? I don’t really understand how that is possible. But she loves that thing so A+ recommendation from her.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Idiots buy gas ranges and fridges that require microchips and WiFi, that’s who.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
On a recent business trip to Southern California, I stopped at a Costco Business Center due to always hearing of this mythical place but never experiencing it. Now I know where to go should I need excellently priced 100lbs boxes of lard.

Twas a fun place to visit, but I am glad it is not the closest Church to me.

However the gas pumps were completely empty, probably due to the lack of consumer-sized goods at this place. I was so thankful for that when refilling my rental car’s tank. The Costco Gas by the rental return was like 10 SUVs deep on each waiting line for every lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
A pretty good rule of thumb is to not live where Costco don’t go