Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bought the giant sherpa blanket because of this thread $4 off so $16, no cat to knead on it tho, but I will instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jingleheimer posted:

Alright guys, anyone have any questions for a Costco employee? I'm bored and I don't mind talking about work because I am employed by the greatest company in the world.

How do you get hired on? Warehouse work/in the store, not corporate? Any tips? 51 year old female.

Thanks.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Meydey posted:

Not sure if they are still hiring on for seasonal. If so, then apply apply apply. The hardest part is the foot in the door. Then work thru the season and hope you are kept on after the holidays.
If you are talking corporate, then just be related to someone.

Thanks for the reply. I can't start applying until January, too much money to be made where I'm at the rest of the year. But then I have to make applying a part time job, my workplace is getting weird, I can feel it.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jingleheimer posted:

It definitely helps to know someone to get your foot in the door, otherwise you pretty much just have to be lucky. The first time I applied I didn't hear anything, but I got called for an interview when I applied again a year later. Since they'll be keeping a handful of their seasonal hires they might not do another round of hiring until March or April. And if you do get yourself an interview, one thing that can make you stand out from all the others who applied is if you did some research on Costco beforehand and learn about such things like how Costco was founded, their mission statement, and everything little thing about the executive membership (there's a bunch of stuff you get with executive that most people don't know about).

My warehouse manager likes to ask one or two curveball questions about the company to potential new hires during an interview, and while not knowing the answer to probably wouldn't count against you, I guarantee you that you will get hired over someone else if you knew their mission statement without even being an employee.
Fantastic specific hints, blessings unto you Jingleheimer.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I goofed. I bought the massive king size super sherpa blanket based on the recommendations in this thread.
So big and soft---only 16 bucks!
The twenty pound roll sat in my bedroom for a week before I went to wash it.
Oh. It won't fit in our washer and dryer.
(I have a twin bed.)
Ok, take it to work, their washer is bigger. That's not a problem, but the dryers are normal size and no matter what I do it ends up in a ball with a wet center.

So it's been draped across all the poo poo in my bedroom for 2 more days and still has a wet corner.
It's SO heavy too, I'm going to roll it into a man shaped doll and throw a leg over it at night to use it I think.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I warned you

The consensus I believe was "Use it until it's crusted over with cum and then buy a new one"

:lol: Did You? I didn't look back. drat. Ok then, will do.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Good soup! posted:

Holy poo poo those six dollar pumpkin pies are absolutely delicious

And huge. Truly no reason to ever make one from scratch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? Iíve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito thatís almost entirely tortilla?

What I finally did with mine was drape it over my pathetically small twin bed so I'm sleeping ON it, like a giant hairy chest of softness. Every week I pull it to different part and in like 2 months I'll wash it.

Gross, but so cozy.