Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Gaius Marius posted:

Well that certainly isn't how that works for either things. Only water soluble vitamins are safe to eat in massive quantities. Fat soluble vitamins will kill or injury you if you eat too many

(theyre takin the piss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
doctors are not thinner than peeps matched socioeconomically w them

compare to smoking, where they smoke less, or skin quality for dermatologists where dermos have lots better skin than matched samples of general public. compare also to psychologists and psychiatrists who have worse mental health than matched gen public

various thing have hugely varying amounts of medical knowledge. smoking? unanimous on how its bad. skin? we know how to deal with that. fatness? not really. broke brains? lol no

obesity is a disease of culture. japanese american peeps and japanese japanese peeps who have basically identical genetics as a population have differing obesity rates by whole multiples, because japanese americans eat more doritos. same story but the other way for suicide tho

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 31, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
counting calories doesnt work for a population, you individualize a thing that differs brutally by cultures

put a dollar-per-oz tax on soda and watch the obesity rate go down. the fact that this is politically impossible in the us just means that the us has a terrible culture in this regard

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i found in the before times that its not feasible to impress peeps by entertainin w costco anymore cuz all the peeps youre entertaining have memberships too half the time

so it was like, 'yes i too recognize this high quality kirkland product'

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i mean, you gotta have memories of 90s korean food to do the comparison

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco anglicans vs costco evangelicals vs costco fedayeen

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
is it a politics thing

i bet its a politics thing

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"demand is brutally clustered, there are individual square miles of demand where there is more demand for some products than in entire mediumsized nationstates"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
couldnt you just buy some cotija corn and other elotes stuff separately

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the entire point of stainless steel is that it dont react w jack poo poo

the danger is it cutting up your insides, which is still pretty nil

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bird with big dick posted:

I cried afterward and tried to commit ritualistic suicide for disrespecting my hanzo steel.

selling cooking knives to japanese peeps and sayin theyre samurai swords for the cook is one of the oldest and longest runnin marketing grifts in history. very well attested for a quarter millenium, somewhat well attested for half a millenium

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

150g of coffee in a butt seems like a real waste when you can just suspend a few hundred microns of the anhydrous caffeine powder that somebody posted a short while ago in like five ml of saline and pipette that poo poo straight into your urethra

dont forget that if you gently caress up by 50% you die a slow and panicked death

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ive never had a storebought tteokbokki that wasnt improved by adding half an ounce of rice flour or cornstarch or somethin to the broth as thickener

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can just... get noodles if you want noodles

at the non instant nood section

theyre inferior at bein instant and brutally overpriced for non instant

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i feel like if a comedian endorses your gin its a high quality gin

those peeps drink

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hed posted:

I got a custom coupon in email for Costco.com. Never seen that before so thanks Costco!

This thread loves the jamon but has anyone bought the crazy meat-butter stuff like the Japanese Wagyu ribeye?

Is that stuff worth it? At... $83 a pound I was thinking of a holiday meal or something.

i had it for my bday. exactly comparable to my local butcher who has it for 83.50/lb

there are like 10 local butchers in the united states who have it tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
grade quality is 100% fat marbling. taste quality is like 20% fat marbling and the rest is what the cow ate. grass fed hides a huge possible spectrum of stuff they eat and the rest is tasteless silage

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

I’ve heard good things about Argentinean grass fed beef and it’s on my list of places I’d like to visit some day. They take beef seriously with massive awesome steaks.

https://idlewords.com/2006/04/argentina_on_two_steaks_a_day.htm

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
can costco gimme 50 story soulless concrete apartments like in my homeland

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we make some outrageously mediocre frozen treats too, tbh, but we dont export that poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre much stretchier than other brands so de facto size ranges are wider. makes room for more costco goods in your rear end

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
effort also includes effort by eater

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

toplitzin posted:

Almost all (with the exception of local/fresh off the boat) seafood that is packaged and displayed "fresh" was processed and frozen at sea. By being in the fish case and sold 'fresh', it's already had one freeze/thaw cycle on it. The cryovac'd stuff stays frozen from the processing boat to your freezer.

you dont want actually fresh fish unless you want parasites in your fish

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, thats why they do the freeze rethaw rigamarole

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Virigoth posted:

I’m glad y’all enjoy salmon but swordfish and tuna is where it is at.

your average swordfish fillet has like 2-5 parasite bits in it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you gently caress up chicken sanitation peeps can die

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
middle paragraph is a pair of couplets i think

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you do not want huge portions of really highly marbled meat. like horkin down 2 oz vs 12 oz of butter

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

Eating a high fat meal every once in awhile is fine. Especially if you have a healthy active lifestyle to begin with. That's basically what it boils down to.

I haven't had a good steakhouse experience in over a year. :sigh:

its not anout health, its about gustation

youll be waddling out there w too much highly marbled meat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i never travel w/o bringing 3-5 heavy duty trash bags. the greatest weight to usefulness ratio for basically any industrialized product

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

Duct tape

is heavier

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
breathe right strips are worthless, get the darth vader machine

it sucks and you cant get one at costco

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you dont have full info on speed of each line but do have info on cardinality so best algo is prolly best of two random choices

https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-power-of-two-choices-load-balancing-algorithm/

see, the cs theorists are sometimes useful for somethin

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a standard accompaniment to korean naengmyeon

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that was the best $10 i dropped in the forums to get that peeps username renamed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fun fact: tumeric is a strong enough dye that it fucks with biochemical assays, which is why it gets touted as a health food so often: you need serious biochem chops to work with it and the lovely journals will publish anything so lotsa peeps publish stuff w bad methods

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kimchi will stay good for 6 months. more important than venting co2 is keeping the whole thing submerged in the kimchi water. do not dilute the kimchi water, the ph and salt is what keeps it good and that'll get hosed up if you dilute it

if you keep it for 6 months it doesn't actually go bad it turns into mugeunji (묵은지), which is just really fuckin Extra for eatin plain and should prolly be used for fried rice or something

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can buy kirkland or kerrygold unsalted too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there are two sounds in korean that correspond to a western g and neither actually sound like g. theres ㄱ, which corresponds to half-aspirated g, so like mix g and k together, and ㄲ, whoch really doesnt correspond to an english sound

jonga is the jonga with a ㄱ

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it means house of direct eldest paternal lineage, connotation is the big house