Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Chinatown posted:

Gotta hit the 'sco this weekend for a 2-pack of Dr. Bronners Magic Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap. ALL ONE!

wtf bro, that's the soap i swear by but my costco doesn't sell it! and i can't find it on costco.com either. what sort of trickery is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

If you see my cart
Move out of the loving way
And your dumb kids too

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Jingleheimer posted:

You actually can get stuff delivered from Costco, just not directly through Costco itself. They recently made a deal with Instacart for that very purpose. People will just have to deal with Instacart for Costco deliveries. I'm not very familiar with Instacart though, so I don't know if dealing with them is a good or a bad thing. And I don't know how or if it would work with big stuff like tv's or furniture.

if you're a business then costco will deliver. i know this because of the costco trucks i see driving around that say "who delivers to your business?" in huge letters on the side

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

finished my bottle of kirkland french vodka, promptly purchased another :patriot:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

my local costco has been selling 6 packs of tall cans of arrogant bastard pilsner for like $6 and i've bought at least 5 by now but they're almost out

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Taima posted:

the ethical issues around Bulleit

can you expand on this? not sure what you're referring to but interested to know more

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

guys i have like 5 or 6 of these kirkland dress shirts and they are really nice shirts and so cheap yesss :thumbsup:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i have 3 words for you

kirkland chocolate almonds :getin:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

ya personally i sweat from my armpits so im not sure what good a wife beater is gonna do except make me look like a redneck

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Ate Costco prime ribeye for dinner :discourse:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

I take it all you fine folks read your Costco Connections magazine. Have you ever done any of the trips they advertise? I assume my church would not lead me astray but Iím interested to hear experiences... looking for a couples getaway :getin:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Todayís Costco run:
- another of those $30 tower fans for the bedroom since the one in the living room is so good
- two (2) Kirkland brand quality dress shirts
- an igloo cooler that is now an uncleanable gluey mess of adhesive after attempting to remove giant labels, will be returning, PBUC

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Update: gluey cooler returned no questions asked, replaced with different cooler which is much better

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i guess $39 is a decent price for a handle of lovely blended whiskey

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Here's a hot take, bitching because a Scotch is blended doesn't make you more sophisticated. This obsession with single malt is just a stupid whisky snob thing from when you could get a really good or a really bad bottle depending on the malt you chose. Master distillers are able to create rich tapestries of interesting flavors in blended scotches more readily than a single origin whisky could on its own (cognac in particular is another spirit where the blend gets you the depth of flavor).

Also holy poo poo this obsession with peat flavor - I agree that none is bad, a little is good but more reaches the point of diminishing returns and you get to these bog monsters that taste like you're drinking liquid smoke and chewing on dirt: it will absolutely and utterly overpower every other subtle taste in the distillate. It's why the obsession with increasingly hoppy IPAs doesn't make you a beer connoisseur; you just learn to like literally one (initially unpalatable) flavor and your palate is totally absent beyond that. Learning to like something that has one strong flavor isn't a sign of sophistication.

Many of the blended whiskys are among the best in the world and it has nothing to do with marketing.

i mean sure but it remains a fact that johnny walker is to scotch as patron is to tequila: not very good, primarily used to impress unsophisticated drinkers who care more about price and brand recognition than taste

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

anyone got costco red wine recommendations? cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, pinot noir, that sort of thing. or bordeaux blends whatever. i'm on a red wine kick lately

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

wine followup: kirkland malbec is pretty good, not as much flavor as the others but smooth. kirkland old vine zinfandel i thought was better, will probably pick up a case of that!

also don't buy bagels from costco, those aren't real bagels.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Gatts posted:

Costco Pizza is a 9.5/10 for me. I love it and it's better than actual NY pizza. Only deep dish is better from, like, Angelos or Chicago Deep Dish which is 10/10. And 40g protein!! GETTIN' DEM GAINZ, BRO!!

have you ever been to new york

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Trip report: Kirkland signature series Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2016
Fucken daaaaank
Gonna go back and buy a case if they still have it. Hop on this

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

the pierogies are good and strangely not as bad for you as you'd expect

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i wanna say it was 20 or 25? more than a typical kirkland bottle but a great deal for napa valley cab

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i don't get my tires at costco but i do take my car there when the air pressure is low. they have a bigass compressor and the guy will just hook up the hose and do it for you and off you go. don't think you need to be a costco member even

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

well gently caress me for not realizing they make pumps for your car tires that take their power from the car itself! guess i have a costco run in my future :shobon:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

lmao at anyone who has to buy diapers just lmfao

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

preshredded cellulose is covered in cheese powder

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

what good is a bidet going to do when i take most of my shits at work

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

lately my local costco has fresh halibut fillets :getin:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

purchased an ipad pro from church for $50 cheaper than the apple store, pbuc

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

appleskates posted:

This is a crime against proper cheese packaging. There is no way this cheese tastes good or like it is even supposed to. Also those are probably $4-6 pieces of cheese so you arenít even saving much money compared to, say, picking out freshly cut cheeses that you like with a cheesemonger at Whole Foods. (Which is my job and I love it a lot and I WILL fight you about cheese.)

can you guys cut the cheese pieces smaller so i can try a new cheese for less than $15 thank you

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

why do the costco cart retrieval people not get those electric cart pushing machines? lots of smaller stores have those. seems like they'd need them even more in giant costco parking lot with lines of 40+ giant costco carts

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

You can also buy them with SNAP benefits because they're not a hot prepared food

OHHH it makes sense now

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

I listen to Jim Rome every day. :twisted:

That's a good rant.

jim rome is the loving worst and you ought to be castrated

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

AKZ posted:

I would reccomend a playful little cocktail called the Taima Special. Take a handful of glass, toss it in your mouth, and chew.

i can eat glass, it does not hurt me

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

the proper vacuum to get is the numatic henry which sadly costco does not sell

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i don't want three butter cinnamon loaf but it would probably cost me more to make a single butter cinnamon loaf myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

the costco hot dog is steamed. a proper hot dog needs to be grilled, and it should have noticeable char