Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

My mailer just came and they have fancy electric toothbrushes 2/$60something which is a hell of a deal so I'm upgrading and giving the other one to my partner bc he's an overbrusher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

canyoneer posted:

Costco pesto is delicious

Kirkland pesto is hot garbage, it has hardly any basil in it ("basil blend" even, on the label) and is mostly crappy cheese filler. I made some pasta with it last night and had to use like 1/4 of the container to get any hint of green to the pasta.
Also their precooked grilled chicken packages are completely unseasoned, I'm gonna be making some returns.

Edit: the sonicare toothbrushes are incredible, though

number 1 snake fan fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 10, 2019

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Xaris posted:

Kirkland pesto used to be absolutely incredible in the late 90s through like 2003 and had a super strong fresh basil taste with lots of pine-nuts. they've reformulated it once or twice since then to make it have more cheap filler and less basil+less pine nuts, and i think it's latest formulation is quite meh for the reasons you say.

that said, i'm gunna disagree because I don't think it's hot garbage. it gets the job done for fairly cheap and it's perfectly edible, but it's nowhere near as incredible as it used to be. i usually do like half-tomato-based sauce and half-pesto sauce on pastas.

Fair enough, i just like my pesto to taste like basil :shrug:

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Holy poo poo this feta is incredible.

I bought it because it's actually made from sheep's milk and it comes in brine so it doesn't go bad before i can use it :pray:

Hell yeah

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

My Costco currently has golden chanterelles. Are they a good buy?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

HEY GOONS
The Kirkland brand prepackaged chicken tortilla soup in the deli section is really good by itself and AWESOME with a little sharp cheese, more lime juice, and a bunch of Cholula.

gently caress yeah, eight bux for a two pack

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

canyoneer posted:

friend why are you not pouring that over tortilla chips?
im not telling you how to live your life but a little change here will go a long way

My friend, you misjudge me

grillster posted:

Share with concerned angry frog

tangy yet delightful posted:

it's chicken tortilla soup day, my dudes

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I'm 27 and i only every get 2-4 small food items bc I'm poor as gently caress, self checkout sounds awesome but of course boomers run everything good

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/bri_sacks/status/1240311127189286914?s=19

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Just lol if you don't have her on ignore already

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

grillster posted:

I got gas; pulled right up. Then I parked, got out and stood there gazing at the line of folks waiting. Some had masks, others didn't. I'm not in the mask club.

I actually didn't need to go in that badly. Gas was enough.

Why aren't you wearing a loving mask?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I got lucky (ish) because i already had a vogmask before this, whoooooo chronic illness

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I'm 5'6" and i have a 33" inseam, y'all have weird body proportions

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

StormDrain posted:

What gams!

My partner's 5'11" and has a 34" inseam and better legs than me

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

Wish I'd bought the golf push cart from costco.com when I had the chance months ago. All golfing in my area is walking only, and my feetsy-weetsies hurt

Cry harder about participating in a "sport" generally considered to be elite whites only. Also get gud at walking.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Duck and Cover posted:

Golfing is open here.

So loving what

E: i hope every golfer dies of preventable diseases and it looks like It'll work out that way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread, I'm pissed about people trying to resume "normal life" while we're in the grip of a pandemic the likes of which we haven't seen within recent memory.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Went to the Co today and had to yell "EXCUSE ME" at two boomer women who were blocking the entrance to the cooler aisle with the soup. Then went to the checkout and had someone get in line behind me and walk up right on me as i was about to get called into the checkout, make direct eye contact with me, and get within two feet of me. I yelled at him too, then the checkout clerk had to tell him three times to start putting his stuff on the belt.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Anyone had bfree gluten free bread products?

I have celiac, they are still one of the best frozen GF breads I've found. Unfortunately they stopped carrying the gigantic loaves in my Costco about a year ago and refuse to bring it back. Get it while you can!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

binge crotching posted:

That is one weird rear end person doing the video, but it's a solid recipe. My partner makes dumplings for us regularly, and I agree that the pre-made aren't anywhere as good as just making them yourself.

Sohla owns, gently caress you

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Xaris posted:

i didn't really need them but i picked up a bundle of wipes anyways (costco.txt)

You realize you're contributing to the problem, right? There are people that actually need that stuff.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Xaris posted:

but it's not on the critical item because i have paper towels and various solutions of disinfectants in spray bottles that works well enough, it isnt too hard to dilute some bleach or all-purpose cleaner to spray and wipe.

Exactly, you have the means to use different stuff. There are disabled people that can't do that poo poo that need the pre-moistened wipes.

E: i have a friend with EDS whose wrist and fingers will dislocate if she tries to pick up a jug of bleach and if she tries to use a spray bottle. Please think about vulnerable people other than you.

number 1 snake fan fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 7, 2020

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

The two of us live in a tiny 1br apartment and the membership is worth it because i have weird dietary needs (three frozen GF pizzas for $14??? Yes?? Also their goat cheese prices are crazy good) and the savings on gas and tp are more than enough to make it up.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Chinatown posted:

Any yall car people out there I got a pack of these a week or so back and its the best tire spray I've ever used.

Who TF shines their tires lmao

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Chinatown posted:

People who wash/detail their cars on a regular basis. What an odd post.

Bougie waste of petroleum imo

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

large hands posted:

Nice, we just had some Costco tri-tip steaks out of the anova tonight. I use lots of oil at med-high heat in a non-stick pan to sear. More even sear than cast iron and less smoke, I've found.

Why the gently caress would you "sear" in a nonstick

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I'm pissed bc they're out of the potato skins in the frozen aisle. I love to put some sliced scallions, pickled jalepeño slices and extra cheese on top

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

At the risk of having that one goon tell me that me and my entire family should die in a fire, Costco had those golf walking carts on sale for a total of 1 day, they sold out completely in 3 different colors

Praise be to Costco

Lmao

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

MarxCarl posted:

It’s good. Just had it last night It has good flavor, not spicy, and the meat is tender. Cooks up really well.

Not spicy? No thanks!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Huge_Midget posted:

Those Melona popsicles are fire.

Excuse you, they are *paletas*

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

david_a posted:

I think those were the same ones I tried and I thought it was pretty bad. As in, really hard to finish the package bad. I tried multiple ways of heating it up too; oven and stovetop in addition to microwave. I remember it being incredibly fatty, even when I cut off giant chunks of fat. I think like a lot of that pre-made stuff, less is more... It might be interesting at first but it falls off a cliff once the novelty wears off.

Do you not know what burnt ends are?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I picked that Hint water up from a suggestion in here a while back and I don't like it. It's weird, the flavorings they add are great, but the water itself tastes like municipal city water out of my tap. I know water doesn't taste like much but you can absolutely tell the difference in types of water.

I've never had a bottled water that I didn't like the actual water before.

Congrats on having decent tap water

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Brazil nuts and Chicago style popcorn both own bones you philistines

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Citrus LaCroix is really good

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Frozen pork "street tacos" that were completely flavorless. They were supposed to be full of hatch chili sauce too!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

We just bought a trash can on the website bc ours is falling apart after being used for thirty years

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

My partner scrubbed my Teflon nonstick pot with a green scrubby pad and i can see the scratches but they're all surface level and nothing's flaking, can i still use it?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

shadow puppet of a posted:

If you were a parrot you’ll be dead just from looking at that pan across the room

But as long as your are human you’ll possibly survive.

Well yeah, but there's a multitude of reasons why i don't have birds as pets. Especially shrieking ones that can remove my nose cartilage as soon as look at it and live for 80-100 years

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah but use the blue pads they don't scratch.

Of course, but apparently he didn't know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Any of you dudes try out this flannel?
https://www.costco.com/orvis-men%27s-big-bear-flannel.product.100568885.html

It's not the Jachs from the last few years, but it looks nice. 100% cotton heavy flannel is very much my jam. If anyone has gotten one of these lemme know the fit!

I'm tempted to try one out but why is the red the only one that's not 100% cotton??? TF I'm trying to get my lesbian aesthetic on without contributing to microplastic pollution