Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
My palate would enjoy that pallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

My Costco discontinued carrying Normandy Vegetables and I'm still confused considering other locations I've visited still have it.

What have I done to earn the wrath of the Costco god?

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Lutha Mahtin posted:

do not buy the peppermint scent doctor bronner's unless you really enjoy a painful cold icy-hot sensation on all your delicate skin regions. such as your face. and your butthole

A tingly butthole is a clean butthole.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Harold Fjord posted:

I never feel bad about my Costco purchases because I'm getting such good value compared to buying it anywhere else and the most cash back. The coffees they sell, especially the Ruta Maya brand, are absolutely amazing for the cost.

Yeah, Costco is always best value as long as you don't let things expire.

Their markup is only 14% (15% for Kirkland) which is phenomenal compared to the ~30-50% most stores do.

Plus, they test most of their products, which means you're getting best in-class products instead of Walmart shovelware.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

pseudanonymous posted:

I think Costco's strategy is to treat their workers so well they don't want to unionize. Like there are costs to running a union, in theory "rational" businesses would calculate the cost of running a union for their employees, and then calculate out benefits and wages such that it doesn't make economic sense for their workers to unionize.

I worked for a unionized Costco (South SF) once. You had to do 3 months seasonal + 3 months probation before you could go full-time.

I also remember one of the HR employees saying they had 3 months of leave each year after being with the location for 16 years, good stuff.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Shredder posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the kids as I can just plow them down with a cart, but the double wide cart people can just gently caress right off

Don't forget the old people parking their cart at a 45 degree angle in the middle of the isle whilst they read the nutrition label of each product in the row.

Oldies frequent the Costco I go to and they absolutely don't give a poo poo about anyone else, especially when it comes to nabbing samples

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Suburban Dad posted:

drat, something else to look for next time I'm at Costco.

Edit: saw the new mailer. Any experiences with the green works pro push mower? Thinking of going battery but never heard of this brand.

Might be better to ask the tools thread?

I bought one of these and the 500cfm blower prior to it becoming available at Costco.

It's perfect for smaller plots, medium-sized plots require switching out the battery (which is quick and easy to do.) It cuts at a lower speed, and if it detects resistance, ramps up in power, which takes some getting used to. Otherwise, very easy to operate.

The biggest bonus to the Greenworks family is their batteries as they recharge in ~10-15 minutes. But it's recommended to take them off the charger as soon as they're done.

I'll be buying the trimmer as soon as I find it as tool only, two batts+chargers is all you need to do an entire day's work.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

I like microwaved rice but holy crap is it bad to microwave poo poo in plastic.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Y'all should eat the pith on your oranges, it's good fiber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Johnny Truant posted:

Anybody got opinions on any of the various energy drink powder... things? Not aiming for protein with those, just maybe a Gatorade replacement or something

I tried a sample yesterday of a tangerine flavoured thing with caffeine that was dece, forget the product though

ZippFizz is one of those vitamins+caffeine combos. Costco puts them on sale 3-4 times a year, making it $.60 to $.90 a serving.