Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
What I'm going to do is never ever buy or taste that cinnamon bread

You won't miss what you don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Must....

Not..
Purchase

Tuesday
(gasp)
Will be there

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The Bramble posted:

Hello thread I joined Costco yesterday. Did the executive membership since spending $3k at Costco should be easy with a kid on the way in a couple months. Does anyone use the credit card?

We got a ninja foodi which is a pretty amazing machine that bakes, broils, steams, pressure cooks, air fries, slow cooks, sous vides, and probably other stuff on sale for like $110 that my wife is very happy with.

Hi this is a great thread and genuinely full of wonderful advice about Costco.
I recommend going back maybe 50 pages and reading them all.
Costco is somewhere I feel so good about shopping because from what I understand they treat their employees decently compared to almost everywhere else retail in the United States.
The other thing is their return policy is so generous that you can buy things and if you really don't like it or if something really is wrong with it you're going be able to take it back without a big hassle and you know you're going to be going back to Costco so it's also convenient.

The downside is you might get fat.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

They still say "goodnight johnboy" every time they close

Whoa

So the only goon who got your joke says hi

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Enos Cabell posted:

Scored some of the Kirkland lobster bisque 2-packs that were getting close to exp date for only 97 cents yesterday. Just had some for lunch, and that has to be the best $ to quality ratio on food ever.

Holy poo poo

Yes

Were they just sitting there marked 97 cents???

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Hot dogs are packed with sodium, everything in the food court is (but dessert) to my disappointment so I spend my money inside.
Still love Costco

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Went to a business Costco for the very 1st time yesterday. I found out that I've been overpaying for the padded bubble mailers to ship my earrings on cards referenced in my avatar.

AAAARGH
I only need to sell a 100 pair or so to buy the nice lower priced ones at Costco.

There wasn't too much that I will buy there but I did get a tea selection and waxed paper sheets to protect art. Seeing all the restaurant supplies reminded me so strongly of my hospitality employment life of 20 years. I wonder if Costco actually gives Sysco a run for their money on anything?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Enos Cabell posted:

I did it, I bought the giant $140 memory foam bean bag. It is MUCH larger in my house than it seemed in the store.

Lollillol
I'd love to see this thing sitting smack dab in some tiny living room like a giant turd

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Enos Cabell posted:

Looks like a Totoro egg about to hatch in my office

Comfy as hell though, A+ Elden Ring throne

Oooo a tank
Cool
I love tropical and fancy freshwater fish
Those look a bit like monster tetras

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Vivisectional

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Olanphonia posted:

Costco has some tamales you can buy and steam and they are good and very filling. That is all, thank you for reading my post about tamales.

The best ones are def the green chile and cheese

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Had a wonderful visit to Costco this morning. They had puffy dog vests for 14.97 and I dug through all the cases to find a couple smalls at the very bottom :dance:

They also had a plushy booze bottle dog toy set for 3.97!!!!

[I'm getting my first dog ever in 6 days]

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Also far too many of you are consuming way too much sodium.

The ramen type noodle packages? Leave them on the shelf!!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

kreeningsons posted:

huh, i'll have to check there next time

i did get five pounds of almonds and walnuts though, for 1/3 of the price as my regular grocery spot. definitely gonna have to make freezer room for these.

It's in that place at my Costco too, and is a staple

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

CitizenKain posted:

I used to have a couple of costco boxes that were the perfect size for hauling a slow cooker in, they had a cutout that would fit the display, and were sturdy enough that things didn't wobble in them. Perfect for bringing food into potlucks.

This is brilliant

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

maniacripper posted:

If you're thinijng Costo levels of price and quality this is the goon recomended chair: https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/ref=dp_fod_1?pd_rd_i=B003G4OJK4&psc=1
Dont get version 2! It removes all the adjustments, theres a high back version of this chair too.
https://www.amazon.com/Huracan-Repl...50555400&sr=8-7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total is like 200 bucks and its miles better than anything you find at Costco/Office Depot/ etc...
Anything more? Spend the money on Herman Miller or Steelcase.

Saving, ty

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

B-Rock452 posted:

Wife decided she wants to do keto for a bit so obviously that means we had to drop 800 dollars at Costco today.

Obviously

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

gizmojumpjet posted:

After many years of visiting the Church with my folks the Lord finally touched my heart. I applied for and was accepted as a member. I wanted to join as a simple layperson but one of the deacons upsold me on the Executive Salvation Experince.

I've now drank deeply of the Holy Pepsi and supped heartily upon the Holy Pizza.

I also got some noodles, some coffee, and some canned chicken.

PBUC!

Amen.

You got canned chicken and not a rotisserie one?

My son you have some reading to do

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

bird with big dick posted:

Probably tough to find anything in there, just one big pile with all the old stuff at the bottom eh well that's chest freezers for you.

I love this thread

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

My wife ordered $4,000 of costco luxury vinyl plank I hope it doesn't suck

Shouldn't

Have a pro install it then have your house wide open as much as you can for a few weeks, let it off gas

Very easy to keep clean and look nice, don't ever get it wet wet, damp with water dust mop and vacuuming dust bunnies is all you need.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah I used to work near a costco and we'd go for lunch, but it always cost me $3 cuz I was a fatty and ate two dogs for lunch.

Horrors the sodium

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

PokeJoe posted:

I'm going to Costco later today and im gonna buy too much bullshit. what's the best giant bag of frozen fruit

A couple bunches of the $2 bananas

Peel them, snap in half and put each one in an individual sandwich bag and put it in the freezer.

You will be amazed how good those are straight out of the bag. Hold the baggie like a cone when you're eating it so you don't get messy.
Please pay pal me the $200 I just saved you this year

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

simply put the plastic bags through the dishwasher to recycle them!

Handwash actually

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

FogHelmut posted:

I think my only complaint besides the storage space needed for it is that the air fryer lid is permanently attached to the body via a hinge, even when you use the pressure cooker lid.

I've had cheaper cars

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Pray for me goons

That's a weird looking freezer

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

jisforjosh posted:

Dropped $1700 on a TV, it gets here Saturday

pbuc

Except I have COVID and I'm too exhausted to set the TV up and don't want the delivery guys inside the house to keep them safe

Does it give you head or what??

(Sorry about the covid tho, get well soon friend)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Kirkland barsoap absolutely reeks

Stupid highly perfumed I was shocked and had to return it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Chinatown posted:

impulse bought this at costco today. its actually quite spicy. super good.

also i got gas, and people have lost their loving minds. a karen tried to literally cut the whole line that was sitting on the side street. didnt go well for her.

Bitchin
I want deets please
I mean did they honk or did anyone get out of their car or what

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I have 8 to 10 of those black/yellow lid costco storage containers in my garage.

Those are SO HARD to open!
Great price, great stacking tho

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

n8r posted:

I think I got food poisoning from bitchin’ sauce.

Was this when it was $1.97? Some goon ran across that deal, now I will swallow that envy

Feel better soon sweet

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Argyle posted:

$526 yesterday, plus gas and hot dog.

A big chunk of that was the Bissell Crosswave, which I tested last night and was very happy with. I recently moved in to a new apartment that has a LOT of tile flooring, and the rest is faux hardwood (vinyl I think). Watched a lot of video reviews of mop-vacs and while they do have their limitations, it seemed ideal for my all-hard-surfaces apartment.

Also got other new apartment stuff, including:
- bamboo shoe rack
- pillows
- shelf for the laundry room which has no storage
- extension cords & surge protectors (the kitchen only has 3 outlets? One of which is counter height but there's no counter there?)
- bathroom hardware (the towel rack is a single coat hook 6 feet off the ground WHY ARE LANDLORDS COMPLETE SOCIOPATHS)
- Terra chips and Kirkland Small Batch Whiskey (not bad!)

Yup, got the crosswave, works great. The thing to remember that is counterintuitive is push forward fast pull back slow

Also it WILL suck up cords, don't get close

If it does slam that that tile button right on top to turn it off and unwind your cord by slowly pulling out from around the brush roller

Both times I have not ruined it, one was a charger

Spinz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 15, 2022

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

are some of you dopes really drinking folgers jesus christ why not just piss in your own mouth its cheaper and tastes the same

Well LA DEE DA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hey, it ain't an edict from on high! That's why I want to consult with thread regulars instead of mandating it

Here is why not to reboot this one:

The thread search function

We were thinking of getting a new appliance so all I had to do was use the search thread and I read up about the appliances Costco sells

This particular thread is is genuinely useful for Costco shoppers so leave it the way it is for search purposes please