Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Enjoying my Costco Italian vacation very much right now. Turns out they book through Trafalgar but at a 10% discount, plus a special phone line with shorter waits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The Midniter posted:

Costco also sells large bags of peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated section near the fresh tortillas, basil pesto, cowboy caviar, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

That's the shizzat. Tis the bread and this is the wine:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

1500quidporsche posted:

I need to switch to the Costco Credit card one of these days.
Got one a while ago, $450 rebate check showed up. I Approve.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Tried the brisket sandwich, it sucks. Coleslaw was gross and 'brisket' could have been any overcooked over sweetened canned meat product.

Back to combo pizza I guess.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Aha, biggest problem with Costco is WHERE DO I PUT ALL THIS BULK STUFF? I'm convinced that it can only co-exist near McMansions.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yep asked for that too and also got the nope. I would ask for kraut now and again in the before times.

As far as I can tell it’s relish ketchup and mustard.

No relish in mine :-(.

Also, no combo pizza.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Disagree with a lot of the thread:
1- kimchi is ok but so bland.
2- shoyo ramen , ok with egg but I can’t seem to make it in microwave without getting the noodles way too soft.
3-Korean style frozen dumplings in a bag, not bad but the same brand as Kroger without a big price difference.
4-fresh sweet Italian sausages so loving bland. Don’t remember the brand, they made me pine for the aggressive flavor profile of loving Wisconsin’s Jonsonville.
5-box of trayed individual 6pc dumpling servings- above average and extra plastic waste makes them work well in microwave.
6- polar seltzer- same as any other brand and dirt cheap a+++ will buy again. Last case had some leaky half-empty cans so I will prolly bring back case upc to get a refund.
7- honeycrisp apples, asparagus, peaches, gently caress yes. Always perfect.

Hmmm, maybe I’ll take the rest of the crappy sausages out of the freezer and return those with the seltzer upc.

Finally, gently caress COVID food court. No combo, or even special order veggie or sausage pizza, only yellow mustard and CATSUP for dogs? Garbage. Utter loving bullshit.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
This stuff is awesome btw and seems to have vanished from my local Costco; it’s some kind of low-sodium lightly fermented veggie and olive combo. I love pickled vegetables but this is a unique spin in that the low sodium and not-really-acidic solution means that these are a lot more flexible in how you use them:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ham mites won’t hurt you, they eat the fungus on the outside. I don’t know about Spain but in Italy by law they need to be removed before selling (thus the final deep fry in olive oil step).

In the USA of course we need to aggressively fumigate dry cured hams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Mr Coffee makes a $30-40 burr grinder that works great, and they loving replaced it under warranty when the fine ground started choking up, which blew my mind.