Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Went last week and they had a 2 jar pack of sliced jalapeños. Never saw that before at my location, amazing. I've had spicy poops all week. I need to go back today and get more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Brisket is good but too messy and drippy for Costco eating. Hopefully we get the burger soon.

Just grabbed a rotisserie chicken fresh out of the oven. We were all standing there like savages waiting for her to box them up.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

FCKGW posted:

you could probably fit a dog in the middle there

That's where the strawberries are supposed to go. Delicious!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Probably has something to do with where the panels are made or who makes them.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

There is a max everything setting that makes the picture better? Wouldn't you wanna run it like that at home too so it looks as good as possible?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Right on, I'm always going back and tweaking settings every 6 months or so trying to make the picture ever so slightly better on my tv's. I don't usually get anywhere productive.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I bought the sleep aid a few weeks ago. I usually have unisom in the house and have taken 3-4 at a time and still been awake and not able to sleep. It's supposed to be the same active ingredient but I took 2 of the Costco ones and passed out like a loving rock in like 30 min.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Holy poo poo! And here I just thought I had taken too much Kirkland sleep aid.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

FCKGW posted:

you ever gently caress a chicken bake?

One time a chicken bake hosed me.

It was glorious.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jingleheimer posted:

If you have the big bag of frozen meatballs, do yourself a favor and heat them up in a crock pot with some sweet baby rays. It's so simple and it tastes so delicious.

Yeah this is amazing. Did it last weekend actually.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I opted for the giant pecan pie instead. It was the right choice. I finished the last half of it by my goddamn self like the pathetic animal that I am.

It was too delicious for the garbage.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The answer is my donger.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Picked up the ready to cook Korean BBQ beef and onion deal. Holy poo poo me and the wife were in flavor country. First time I ever saw it at my local Co. I’m buying that poo poo every time I see it now. It was amazing.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yes! It was delicious.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Accretionist posted:

Tried it. Liked it!

Just had some for breakfast, too. Layered up toast, beef, fried egg and a ton of black pepper. My, oh my!

I finished my leftovers last night for dinner. Definitely buying that again next time I see it. It was just as good the second time around.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Not surprising all you trump voting douchebags don’t see the inherent racism in this whole situation.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The giant pot pie has to be hit or miss or something. I only got it once on thanksgiving to save me some work cooking and it was loving awesome. No grease at all, flaky delicious crust all over the top and sides.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I lusted after it for like 5 years and could never find an excuse to make that much pot pie. The second I agreed to actually cook thanksgiving dinner I knew it was my moment!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah vegetarians are totally loving stupid. I’m not a total fuckhead that thinks you need to eat meat for every meal. I think it’s actually really smart to cut back vastly on meat just for health reasons and lessening the carbon footprint. Even if you hardly ever eat meat or basically not at all. To say that you will never eat a burger ever again under any circumstances is really loving stupid. Why create these “rules” to live by? So you can label yourself as something and feel like you belong?

You can never plan on eating meat and that’s great good for you. But your gonna totally rule it out and say that you’ll never ever touch a meat of any type again? Who gives a gently caress if 20 years from now you eat a chicken wing at an office party or a kids birthday. Or a goddamn shrimp or something, like get the gently caress over yourself.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

binge crotching posted:

That makes me sad, because tacos al pastor are one of the great things in life.

Seriously! Everyone owes it to themselves to try al pastor tacos. You gotta go to multiple places though, don’t just try one and think that’s it. Some places it’s amazing, others it’s just “good”.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

binge crotching posted:

Decided to get one of the chicken pot pies tonight, and it was amazing. Giant chunks of chicken, lots of veggies, and the crust came out perfectly browned. A+++, would buy again.

Also, it's probably 5 or 6 meals, which makes it an incredible deal.

Yes!!!!!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I need to see the finished product.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Chinatown posted:

also holy gently caress DO NOT go to Costco high.

DO. NOT.

NO.

Never go to Costco not high is what you actually mean.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

once you're married and have children you can do any fashion faux pas you want. sandals with socks? sure, go ahead.

I pull my cargo shorts up way high over my big belly, strap on a fanny pack and waddle around with crocs and socks. I've already procreated-- I can do whatever the gently caress I want now.

This is a serious pro-tip.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

MisterOblivious posted:

If it's anything like my allergy med it's $25 a year instead of $40 month at Costco.

Seriously? What the gently caress is up with that? Buying one package of Costco allergy spray pays for my membership easily. It’s like 30$ for 5 rather than 1 for 20$ or some crazy poo poo like that.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Margarita is good but it can get problematic quickly. Once you hit the stage where your not pouring drinks anymore and just sucking it out of the bottle your gonna be waking up with some headaches.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Praise Be!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I remember seeing al pastor and getting super excited. Then I saw “plant based” and the joy turned to ashes in my mouth.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Huge_Midget posted:

I’d like some honest reviews on those please.

Took a while but finally got deep into both bottles. The blend is super smooth and fairly delicious, the single malt is less smooth with a lot more going on flavor wise but more bite. Between me and a buddy we both preferred the 27 year blend overall because of the smoothness.

All in all not bad for 55$, although I think a bottle of balvenie doublewood is probably still better. The good part about that is Costco is carrying the doublewood now for like 50$. So I’ll know for sure on my next scotch purchase.

Now I’ve been drinking scotch for years but I still wouldn’t try to act like I have any clue what I’m talking about. Usually for me I feel like I can tell a major difference from a 20-30$ bottle vs a 50-60$ bottle. When you go from the 50-60$ to the 120$ bottles the differences are much more subtle if at all. I haven’t bought a 100+ bottle yet that I felt like I enjoyed more than a bottle of doublewood. So take my no-class opinion with a grain of salt.

The blend was real good though.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Rirse posted:

I picked up Johnny Firecracker sauce to go with my chicken I was fixing. It's spicey but it taste so good.

poo poo is incredible, I was dipping everything in it. Just dunking tortilla chips in it to get that flavor!!!!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Moey posted:

I don't know if I want to be you, or be inside you.

Lol I’m all about being healthy but this sounds like mental illness.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For some reason your post made me wonder what chicken bakes would be like if you just dumped them into a deep fryer. Maybe it was because you mentioned the word "ranch".

Mother of god!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Somebody said something about a food court burrito and then disappeared. Was this a drive-by trolling? I want my Costco food court burrito!!

I believe it’s 2 cheese slices positioned into a square and wrapped around a dog. You should probably deep fry it.

Harton fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 18, 2018

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Argyle posted:

Green Label is $75 at the local big liquor chain. The regular $45 Costco price is already a steal. Getting it under $39 is a goddamn miracle.

PBUC

I had green a while back and didn’t think it was worth the price. I’d try a whole bottle again for 38$ though.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

As someone who's just looking to get into scotch, the size of that is a little intimidating haha. I just picked up the Balvenie 12 year for $50 and I'm really enjoying it.

Balvenie is amazing, the Kirkland is legit decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Here's a hot take, bitching because a Scotch is blended doesn't make you more sophisticated. This obsession with single malt is just a stupid whisky snob thing from when you could get a really good or a really bad bottle depending on the malt you chose. Master distillers are able to create rich tapestries of interesting flavors in blended scotches more readily than a single origin whisky could on its own (cognac in particular is another spirit where the blend gets you the depth of flavor).

Also holy poo poo this obsession with peat flavor - I agree that none is bad, a little is good but more reaches the point of diminishing returns and you get to these bog monsters that taste like you're drinking liquid smoke and chewing on dirt: it will absolutely and utterly overpower every other subtle taste in the distillate. It's why the obsession with increasingly hoppy IPAs doesn't make you a beer connoisseur; you just learn to like literally one (initially unpalatable) flavor and your palate is totally absent beyond that. Learning to like something that has one strong flavor isn't a sign of sophistication.

Many of the blended whiskys are among the best in the world and it has nothing to do with marketing.

God example of this was the Kirkland 28 year blend vs the 21 year single malt. Both were solid but the 28 year blend blew it away in smoothness and flavor. Usually when I get a single malt I end up disappointed one way or another. Where blends are consistently solid. My personal favorite one right now is the Balvenie doublewood. Since getting married and having a kid I don’t really buy expensive booze anymore. So I tend to get a bottle I know I’m gonna love rather than experimenting with the more expensive ones.