Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

what is their target market for this thing, eccentric penny pinching millionaires that shop at costco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Meydey posted:

Guess what. It's fake. The real one is in the store safe/vault.

yeah, no way they would even trust their employees to have access to that ring

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if you are buying a half million dollar diamond, doesn't getting the 20% off costco discount version kind of defeat the purpose? you are supposed to be showing off your wealth, spending less just makes you look like a chump

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

No Butt Stuff posted:

Cauliflower Rice
Paper Towels

What else am I missing from my abridged Costco list?

1.13kg of Kirkland Signature Whole Fancy Salted Cashews (premium quality)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Does the Costco Visa have an annual cash back limit?

why would you need cash back? just buy everything you need at costco

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
went down to the costco today! i needed some carrots, and boy howdy did I get them. almost too many carrots! but they don't let you only buy a few

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodplay it again posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to pick up that OG Kirkland when weed is legal.

i just wish costco was able to sell liquor here :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

where are you :confused:

:canada:
all liquor is a provincial monopoly

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
at Costco university you can get 6 graduate degrees for the price of 4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
its france, i am assuming instead of a soda fountain they have a wine dispenser

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

I wish.

Every cup has a qr code on it, and you have to scan your cup to get a soda. It dispenses exactly one cup worth of liquid, and if you try to go back a second time it doesn't do anything. In addition, the sign says hotdog and soda, nothing about a refill.

So many people were having problems getting it to work right, and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. The cost of that system must have been several years worth of savings from not allowing normal self serve drinks.

that is a highly dumb system. i used to work in fast food, and a saw what the cost of soda syrup was. an individual drink refill has a cost of like $0.02. why would you piss off people to save $0.02 :psyduck:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Meydey posted:

Edit: AHA!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38767941
France bans unlimited sugary drink refills

but the dog doesn't come with unlimited refills. it comes with refill, as in one. they could get away with it, costco france are just being cowards.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

13Pandora13 posted:

Moissanite, HPHT diamonds, etc. have been around years and the diamond market has still convinced huge swaths of women they need the "real thing."

diamonds are dumb. oh wow the heat and pressure of the earths core made a shiny rock? pfft the gold in that ring was forged in a super nova billions of years ago, thats 100x more interesting than the stupid diamond.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

In case anyone is interested

lol "fancy yellow"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tangy yet delightful posted:

Same poo poo as "chocolate" diamonds.

they should call them "piss diamonds"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bucnasti posted:

And often not the same Italian from location to location and from month to month. I just want to be able to buy giant bottles of Bernstein restaurant recipe Italian, but all I've seen lately is Olive Garden Italian.

they sell olive oil and vinegar. thats all Italian dressing is

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'm never going to buy vegetables online, that's just inviting disaster

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Lol I bet the 6x filtered vodka treasures a lot like Tito's actually, given their signature is all about the 5x filtered. I wish my state allowed hard liquor to be sold outside of state licensed liquor stores. I could drive to Washington, but any saving would be eaten up by sales tax.

Costcos got you covered mate:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
also lol if you think amazon prime will be good once they kill the brick and mortar competition

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the more people use amazon the shittier it will become. that is literally their business model. the good deals were only there to kill competitors

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why does apple even need a store? they only sell like 4 different things

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

There's a... Sam's Club, though. :suicide:

heresy!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
just peel and cut up your own garlic. geez people it takes like 5 seconds

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

belt posted:

I went to Costco to get some Kirkland brand canadian whiskey, and I couldn't find it.

I'd be highly troubled if my Costco stopped carrying it, but it would explain why it's been $13 for a 1.75L for the past few months.
:negative:
i wish canadian whiskey was that cheap in canada

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Costco is a place for all people. class does not exist in the line for free sausage samples

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1500quidporsche posted:

I absolutely agree with what you were saying, was just rushed to type up what I said and made a general statement. Its a lovely cycle to break out of.

I also will say that Costco's non bulk stuff is absolutely marketed towards upper middle class, which is cool cause they've gotta make extra cash somehow but if you were to shop on Costco to a budget you have to pretend those areas of the store don't exist.

costco also doesn't have "cheap" generic brands. they have Kirkland, but thats usually high end stuff in large quantities. to make the most of your grocery buying dollar you need to do half your shopping at Costco and half at No Frills.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nutella posted:

Costco supplied all of food and booze for my 50th birthday last weekend and also the pain reliever I needed the next day. PBUC

sorry about your impending death grandpa

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

akma posted:

Thanks for your social security contributions. SOrry for bankrupting the program so you won't get any of that back.

:negative:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peachfart posted:

That dog looks crappy and small, the only saving grace is the mustard. And for 5.45?!?

also no 20oz SODA or (with refill). highly cursed

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

stealie72 posted:

Not to blaspheme, but I'm thinkin' bout the veggie burgers and chicken tenders that suddenly were ghosted from the frozen section when I went on Friday.

I generally love Costco, but hate the way they carry things on and off.

the lord giveth and the lord taketh away

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Supreme Allah posted:

Im always embarrased when my posts confess editing.

Lowtax this is something the new forums that will never happen need to do without.

Lowtax should sell a forums upgrade that gives you a longer editing timer

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

yeah i want those bluetooth headphones. If only I had a job :(

try working for Costco

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy Nipples posted:

The expensive Gillette razors are $10 off right now, that's literally the cheapest I've seen them in years.

Also, I picked up a nice insulated cooler bag for 10 bucks... I find that my milk lasts longer when I use a cooler to get it home.

fancy razors are the biggest scam. just get a pack of 10 disposables from the dollar store, they work the same

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy Nipples posted:

Shaving is different for everyone; I've been doing it for 30 years now, so don't tell me what works for me. Why not just get an electric, and stop buying razors all together? Because electrics don't work for me.

My beard is very thick, and cheap razors get duller with every stroke. The expensive razors last much, much longer. Also, I shave my head, so I have a lot more surface area to cover then most men.
Protip: don't change your razor out just because the lube strip is shot, change them out when you can feel them getting dull.

Lol if you think gillette razors are some how sharper than the ones from the dollar store. its all in your head. There is a reason fancy razors has to be marketed constantly and agressivly, they do not sell themselves on their own merits.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they should fill your tires with helium, for weight reduction

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coredump posted:

Helium or Hydrogen will diffuse like that?

i think he is full of poo poo. i had a party balloon once that lasted months. it deflated a bit, but it was still floating there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I will fill my car tires with nitrous oxide, so I can have a good time if I ever get trapped anywhere in a snow storm or something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peachfart posted:

My dog has Addisons Disease and the best treatment for him is a drug called Percorten. If he doesn't get this drug once a month, he will die. There has been a factory issue and Percorten is incredibly hard to find, and is out of stock nearly everywhere.
But when I asked Costco Pharmacy, they found some and had it filled 20% cheaper within a single day. Which is really good because my dog needs a new dose in 2 weeks.
PBUC.

dogs have named diseases? i wonder if there is a Rexs disease, or a Old Yeller syndrome

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just looking at the pictures of those, it seems like there might be too much cream cheese in them? Assuming that they are the Bantam Bagels ones.

i think you mean there is not enough bagel. there is no such thing as too much cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schmeichy posted:

There's a really good new snack that I just picked up: a big bag of toasted coconut clusters with seeds and honey.

i have this as well. its good poo poo. Costco never fails me