Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I buy these 14 pound containers of Delicat (garbage-tier cat food) for the stray cats in my area and the 14 pound container is $36.99 on Amazon Prime. At Cosco? The exact same identical thing (Delicat 14 lb container) is $15.99. A loving 21 dollar difference. God bless Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

When we first moved into our house 4 years ago we had a lot of stray and feral cats running around pissing, making GBS threads and killing lots of birds and lizards (you know, the natural and native wildlife). We first got a trap from the county and caught 3 ferals the first week. We then just bought our own cat trap and caught, total, 17 (That's a one with a seven after it) in a three month period. We have a neighbor two houses down that we call the 'crazy cat lady', you know the type, unkempt, probably-hoarder as seen by all the poo poo under her carport who just *hates* us for doing that, even though at the time we had our own cat that was indoors and not loving up nature.
One time we caught this sweet little kitten that we ended up giving to our other neighbors down the road, they named her 'Sugar'. One time she escaped the house and they were looking for her, told us about it and hung some Lost Cat flyers around with a picture. The next day we got a text from them saying they found her, she was fine and everything was gravy. When I got the mail there was one of their flyers stuffed in our mailbox with a very serial-killer like crookedly-written 'CAT KILLER' along the bottom of the flyer. lmao @ crazy cat lady

Anyway yeah feeding feral cats is probably doing untold amounts of ecological damage so if you are cool with that and also don't give a poo poo about anyone else around you then keep on feeding them. Just know that you are doing far, far more damage that you realize.

I didn't know feeding hungry domestic animals was so controversial

1) I have had the same three cats coming to my home for years. I am not attracting any new ones.

2) I've trapped every one of them, paid to get them fixed, and released them

3) one of them had a neurological disorder where he walked like he was drunk all of the time. Could barely cross the street. I trapped him and got him a permanent home. He would have been hit by a car or raccoon food a week later.

4) My neighbors love me and my loud rap music

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

What controversy? Feral cats are a nuisance at best (cat poo poo in your garden) and ecological disasters at worst (rip native bird populations). Domesticated cats should be inside with people, on their laps and jumping on their keyboards demanding attention, not out getting hit by cars and getting trapped by angry neighbors like me when they wander into my yard.

Like yeah do what you are going to do and say whatever you want to say to yourself to make yourself feel good about it but a feral cat is an invasive pest.

I looked to see if Costco sold cat traps and this is what I've found:

From what I have read, even if I brought them to a shelter to have them euthanized, then other cats will just "take their place" since they are territorial.

So anyway I leave food out so they can come to me and I can trap them to get them fixed and get their shots and all that good stuff; plus to look for new ones. Since it's in my backyard, I have a motion camera (for security anyway) and I check every once in a while if a new cat shows up. It's the same 3 cats.

Once it was a different cat (the disabled one) that I got a home. One other time it was a cat that was skin and bones. Obviously dumped by the previous owner or lost and not sought. This was solidified by the fact that when I released him, he rubbed up against my leg instead of running away like they usually do. Long story short he absolutely was an abandoned house cat, and my mother-in-law took him in and he's an amazing pet now. So two off the street, and the 3 "regulars" aren't reproducing on the account of me having paid to get their nuts cut off.

The neighbors do not give a poo poo (none have said anything to me) most likely because you never see the cats during the day (they only come at like 2am) and they don't piss or poo poo anywhere that I have seen. So I don't even think my neighbor's know they exist.

Before I started feeding them, they'd go through people's garbage, so they aren't going anywhere when the Costco cat food train stops.

If the 3 were not feral, I'd find them homes, but since idiots don't fix their pets and let them roam the streets, nothing is going to change. Especially with the "keeping them cooped up in the house all day is abuse!!" types.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

im wearing costco socks rn just fyi

I used to but they stopped selling anything bigger than size 12s :(

Why did they stop selling them? It's hard enough finding cool kicks in size 15 and now I gotta buy my socks on Amazon like a maroon.

Also I got my father-in-law this thing a few weeks ago from Costco:

http://christmasbeer.net/2016-costco-beer-advent-calendar/

24 different beers for every day in December until Christmas. Anyway long story short but I went back yesterday and was going to buy myself one but they were completely gone! There had to be 30 of them there when I got the one a few weeks ago.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

This thing costs like $133 here in Nova Scotia, what is it at Costco?

$59.99!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

there's two Costco's near me, one is smaller and is where every Asian in the whole entire world shops and is less a store and more a Fury Road-esque warzone.

the other is a little further out in the burbs but is bigger and 10x more chill because most people out here balk at having to drive all of 15 minutes.

I see you live in Queens.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

Ok well sorry for the delay but check out these holiday themed pics!

HAM!!!

Caviar??!?!

A whole god drat turkey and stuffing with veggies for $29.99???!?!?

Giant plush bears!

Did they have any beer advent calendars there? Mine is out of stock on them now.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

yeah going to do that now.

i should add poo poo was like $60 so these beers better be worth like $2.50 each

Professor Shark posted:

This thing costs like $133 here in Nova Scotia

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does Costco even do gas at those baby states where self-serve is illegal?

Costco doesn't have gas at all in NY and self serve is legal there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

they have some of those curved tvs at my work i think they are actually worse thn non-curved somehow like wtf is the point of that

It's a gimmick because people aren't buying new tvs. It's the same reason they came out with 3d tvs. Trying to reinvent the wheel to get people to replace their working ones.

Get a non-curved OLED if you can. Sadly they are less common than curved ones but they are the best looking tvs ever made. You don't even need a 4k one. Though I think there's only one OLED, non-curved, 1080p tv in existence.

Buying a TV at Costco is always smart. You get a two year return policy.