Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Joburg posted:

XL and Jumbo eggs are really hard on the hen laying the egg. The chickens that lay them aren’t bred to be any bigger than the Medium or Large egg size layers so they are a much greater risk of prolapse and getting egg bound.

Please don’t buy them.

Goatsegg, you say? Now you make me want to buy them exclusively for the shock value!

I get larges pretty exclusively since I feel like most of the time using anything else for recipes throws off the ingredient balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Gaius Marius posted:

Stop buying cakes. You don't need a cake for easter it's not a thing

But when else can I get both butter and cake shaped like a lamb?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I saw hearts of palm spaghetti at my Costco today, and definitely did not buy it.

Our costco's got some weird stuff (DC area)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is that the Market Place one up on the border? That one is absolutely weird but also sells huge things of liquor so it evens out imo

Nah, Wheaton - it's got a lot of interesting variety, they go all out on some south/east Asian items as well as Kosher/Halal stuff, so you can get a whole frozen lamb or durian flavored hopia.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Guys I know that a fancier chair will improve my shitposting quality significantly but I'm interested to know if Costco can offer a successor to the original $30 goonthrone.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Suburban Dad posted:

I am new to this thread, can somebody please explain?

Praise be unto Costco, you know, just your standard idolatry.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Trastion posted:

drat you, sir. The thread rules state we must give 13 incorrect responses before the actual one is revealed!

I'm also newish to the thread, and have never been much for gatekeeping like membership fees or whatever. Our Costco has its food section outside the members' entrance, so anyone can get the hot dog deal without a membership.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ours has that in our halal section, you definitely have to feather the razor's edge between it getting burnt on the outside and being cold on the inside. Also they are just long enough to not fit easily into most toaster ovens.

But they are definitely the closest I've found to solid pide from frozen near us. I just wish they had one with lamb merguez...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

I still don't understand why people want to save money on gas now and not before. In my experience around here, the gas at Costco is a flat $0.30 per gallon cheaper than other gas stations, regardless of the price. When prices go up, you're actually saving less as a percentage.

"Why doesn't everyone just buy an electric vehicle?" I say smugly as my Costco has no gas station.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Isn't one of the benefits of vinyl plank that its relatively inexpensive? What makes it "luxury"?

Thicker vinyl, fancier patterns, sometimes a pre-attached underlayment, and also sometimes the protection layer comes with some texture so it doesn't just feel like a slab of vinyl.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Legato posted:

Yep, though as a nasty side effect of them being entirely separate they don’t stock Kirkland-branded anything. It’s pointless to shop there unless you absolutely must for convenience’s sake.

That may be a locality thing - the one I used to go to in Florida had Kirkland liquors, and it was the same adjacent building setup.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

redreader posted:

Not recently, but I buy biltong on amazon sometimes. Looks like I only bought Stryve one time in 2020, but it was definitely real biltong which is always better than jerky. Solid b tier biltong unless they've changed since then.

edit: jesus it's expensive. I think I might have ordered it once only, because of the price. Also I got a different product, 12 oz in a bag.

I know it's not Costco talk but SA Mart has some kick-rear end jerky. You can even buy it in bulk so you can pretend you're getting it from Costco.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Blasphemy on all those who don't purchase the church's sanctified PB.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

sexy tiger boobs posted:

If they made crunchy I would in a heartbeat, not gonna debase myself with creamy though. And the all natural poo poo just ends up with oil everywhere.

Store it upside down before you crack it open the first time - can't help you with the crunchy though.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just lol at everyone who doesn't have a meat memory palace for perfect recall of everything in your chest freezer at every moment in time.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If we're going that far, it would technically be solved by not having a Costco membership to avoid the temptation.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Air fryer basket on an instant pot can make like one serving of stuff for ants

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jisforjosh posted:

orange wine
There's your problem. I think it's also sometimes known as prison wine?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This recipe kicks rear end if you have the spices - https://www.outbacklamb.com.au/amp/ottolenghi-s-roast-lamb-sharwarma

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I don't think there's a way on earth you can legitimately mask lamb to trick someone into thinking it's another meat. Just eat all of it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

No not like pretending it's beef, just minimizing the earthy lamb tang.

I guess braise the poo poo out of them and discard the liquid?