Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I got a giant bottle of tequila, thin crust pepperoni, 8 LED light bulbs, steak, asparagus, and a jug of Simple Green that should last about 3 years.

The lady behind me had... one canister of coffee. And she was complaining about the lines. Just loving go to Safeway at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I dropped my skillet recently and dented the poo poo out of it, plus it had a large scratch down the middle. I needed to hit up Costco and pick up my contact lenses and new glasses yesterday anyway so I decided to pickup this 5.5qt T-Fal Jumbo skillet. Goddamn that thing cooks awesomely, and under $20.

So since I went in for just the pan, of course I left with a 3 lb. bag of almonds, some new electric toothbrush heads, a shitload of steak and had to stop and grab a chicken bake on the way out.

PBUC

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I went to Costco to snag noise canceling Skullcandy bluetooth headphones to replace my wired ones that died after 13 years.

I almost left with only those, but like a good churchgoer I had to give the proper tithing. Went back and I grabbed several bags of almonds and pistachios, some 32 below boxer briefs, 7 pounds of ground beef, and new electric toothbrushes for me and my husband.

PBUC indeed

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

My husband and I just happened to be looking at this month's deals and we saw Mikasa bone china sets for $79.99. You better believe we hauled rear end and bought 2 sets. Bone china loving rules and $80 for 40 plates and bowls and such is an amazing deal

And as it should be, snagged a dog and soda for $1.50 on the way out. Today was a good day.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

StormDrain posted:

Whats so nice about it? I looked at that and it looked nice but I have no reason to replace my plates and bowls.

Edit: I did snag a two pack of "old man grabbers" for 4.97 which is incredible. I use one from harbor freight to pick up fallen apples in the summer, these seem a lot more durable and honestly at $5 I couldn't pass it up. I'm going to give one away to the first person I can.

Pretty much what Renegret said, higher quality dishware that if taken care of properly can last decades. Plus now all our dishes match and we can retire our chipped plates and bowls.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

EPICAC posted:

What does the pattern look like, and is it dishwasher safe on a normal cycle?

I have a really negative opinion of China because of the ugly, overly ornate and flowery patterns that my grandparents had, and being made to help hand wash it as a kid.

I’m sure that’s not justified, I’ve just never bothered to look into it as an adult.

lol it's not like grandma's china, it's a tasteful "trellis" design and they hold up great in microwaves and dishwashers

Here's the style i bought

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Heading to church tomorrow to visit the optical department and get a new eyeglass prescription, and to check out the tire shop.

Anyone had tires installed at Costco? And is the installation appointment long? They've got a deal on 4 tires + installation and my current tires are looking a bit low in the tread.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Husband and I are going to hit up a Business Center this Saturday. Never been, but want to experience the alternate church. Going in with zero plan so prob gonna spend like $500 just because

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

How did I go this long without the 505 Hatch Green Chile, I bought it for the first time ever this last weekend and now my life is different

PBUC

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I got the Skullcandy Indy ANC earbuds sometime last year when Costco had them on sale. They're good most of the time, but a handful of times they randomly disconnect then reconnect after a few seconds, or the sound will blip out for about a second in the middle of a song / video. It's not often enough to be a huge issue, but I've read several reviews where people have had nothing but problems with them, so it appears to be hit or miss. I don't know about the ones that are about to go on sale, but I'm still not the biggest fan of wireless earbuds or over-the-ear headphones tbh

Truthfully I only bought the Bluetooth buds because I forgot when I upgraded to a new phone they did away with the aux port. My wired Skullcandy buds are still chugging along, 10+ years since purchase, and I use them with my Switch so that's something at least.

On a separate note I bought 5 jars of 505 Chiles last trip and I don't regret it.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

how busy do you think its gonna be friday right after work?

In my experience, going about 2 hours before close (weekdays only) is pretty decent. Get in and out in 20-30 minutes.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Got my Citi credit card finally and immediately rang up $800 in groceries, electronics and gas. I have a problem.

And that problem is I forgot to stop at the food court on the way out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Husband and I were at a friend's home the other day and they had homemade bread and a big rear end block of Kerrygold butter. Tried it, never had butter that good before.

Long story short after finding out Kirkland's grass-fed butter is pretty much the same thing, we bought six boxes. Every other butter can go to hell now (except for the unsalted butter we buy for baking).