Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

These things are so good, we went back and got more two days later. Be warned, you will have diabetes by the end of the container.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
Home depot near Costco? Rent a home depot truck, get as big as a tree you want, and don't worry about scratching up your car for $20.

EDIT: Ugh, didn't even notice Cyks's comment about the truck. But seriously, I've used home depot's truck more for other purchases than for home depot purchases. I enjoy their rental program.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
Might I suggest Big John's Beef Jerky? I've been getting from him for years. And as per forum law, you must request the fattiest jerky possible when ordering.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

The Midniter posted:

Man, this thing fucks. Two batteries, one can remain in the charger on standby, it's light, powerful, attachments are a breeze to connect and disconnect...I can't believe I've been lugging around a heavy, corded vacuum like a caveman my entire life. Highly recommended.

We too got the LG one with two batteries. The first time we used it, we were emptying the bin every few minutes as it dredged up stuff our previous vacuum ignored. And the two batteries when running in normal mode can vacuum the whole place without a problem once we got over the first few days of dust/fur deep in carpets. I'd highly recommend it to anyone using a vacuum more than 10 years old.

Bonus: It is light enough (and the stick attachment adjustable enough) that our young kids can use it, and are excited about being allowed to use it.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

I've gotten really good with a box cutter and vice grips to clean them off by now.

I had to look up what they are actually called, but "Letter Slitter" is what you want. Get a bunch of them cheap, they'll slice the long hair off quickly. When it gets dull, toss it and use the next one. I've had to do this weekly for years, and this has been the best trick I've found.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
Costco parent chat, my young kids absolutely miss going to Costco. Shopping carts that support both of them at the same time? Free sample food? A giant hot dog? Huge ceilings? Massive playground equipment on display? Even the $0.25 water was fun for them. Give them a quarter and have them smash the buttons to pick their specific favorite water bottle out of all the identical ones.

Since 2020, I brought my kids to costco twice. Once was last week to try the bigger one on the Jetson Bolt electric bike (she barely fit, made the purchase, now loves it and the second kid is begging for a smaller one). Even then, that was at opening hours, only brought the one kid, and we didn't get anything else (besides of course the hot dog [without refill, because I'm not having her eat at the store]).

Thankfully we have the option to be able to shop with one parent at home. But I still get asked weekly by them if they can come "just this one time" because they miss it. :( Being safe sucks...

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 26, 2022

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If you have the Business Costco near you, try and buy pans there as they have huge selections. I got some Tramontina branded ones that are awesome to cook with that I've never seen in normal costcos.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

OldSenileGuy posted:

if you are lucky enough to live near “the good Costco” you have truly been blessed

I live near the "good" Costco, and love it. When I need to stop by another ones, I always feel like they are just a bit more lower quality. I've theorized you can tell the quality of the 'Co based upon how many expensive bottles of liquor are on display. I've tested this when traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

CaptainCrunch posted:

Never before in my life have I cracked an egg at home and found two yolks within.

https://www.grubstreet.com/2014/11/sauders-double-yolkers-eggs.html