Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How well does that work with reheating? I've always wanted to get those rotisserie chickens but I never know what I'd do with all of it. If you reheat it in the microwave does it get really dry?

What do you do with the leftovers of that thing?

Easiest option: Make chicken salad and put it on rolls for lunch. Or mix with barbecue sauce and make sandwiches out of that.

Other options with varying degrees of difficulty:
  • Pasta and some kind of cream sauce (lemon cream sauce,cream sauce with fresh basil, Parmesan cream sauce, the choice is yours) . Mix in leftover chicken. If you don't have cooking skills, you can buy a bag of frozen pasta + sauce combo (or frozen risotto) and just toss the chicken in with that after it's mostly done cooking.
  • Chicken pot pie
  • Chicken and dumplings
  • quesadillas (I make this recipe for quesadillas with a mole sauce a lot https://tinyurl.com/yb9rgjn6 )
  • Chicken noodle soup (or other soups, like chicken tortilla soup)
  • Burritos or enchiladas
  • white chicken chili
  • pretend it's 1950, and put it in a casserole with rice, peas, carrots and cream-of-whatever soup

I've been a Costco non-believer for a long time, but I got the membership deal from Groupon, and the chicken alone is mostly responsible for making me reconsider my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

I split a dog with my kid today, am I absolved?

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

This is the sleep aid that's in Nyquil, so if Nyquil makes you sleep well, then this is a good bet.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Honest question, does anyone ever order just one dog? I always tell myself that this will be the time, but it's always been minimum 2, sometimes 3 if I blaze in the parking lot beforehand.

What do you do with all the sodas?

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Usually I split a dog with my 2 year old, but this week she ate the entire hot dog by herself. I'm not sure how she managed that, because it's like, the size of her arm.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

FCKGW posted:

Does anyone else here never get Costco gas because it's a madhouse? I swear every time I pass by the Costco gas there's a line stretching into the street and it's probably a good 10+ minuet wait at least.

The Costco gas station near me is loving terrible because of the traffic pattern, and I avoid it as much as possible. Not only is it busy, but the line of cars leaving exit into the line of waiting cars (because the line is always backed up into the road.)

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

moolchaba posted:

I visited the costco for the first time yesterday. I told the tiny girl bouncer that I had no membership, but I wanted to see the promised land. She allowed me in, but only after reiterating 3-4 times that I couldn't buy anything.

I don't understand why there's a person checking cards at the door; someone please explain it to me. Especially since I keep reading that in a lot of places you can still buy alcohol there without a membership.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They use it to count members entering and what type of member entered.

If you ain’t an executive just LOL at u

Can't they just gather that data from checkout? Are they concerned that there are a lot of people that are leaving without buying anything, and that they wouldn't be counted in that total? I really find the card checking to be confusing (and irritating.)

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

naem posted:

What if you filled up a 20 oz cup with chili..

My husband told me that when he was a broke, hungry, disgusting teenager, he went to 7-11, bought a Big Gulp and filled the cup with the chili meant for the hot dogs instead of soda.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

My Christmas dinner ham came from Costco, and it was a very good ham. Would buy again.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

I tried to buy the sherpa last week and they seemed to be sold out.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

therobit posted:

The Bibigo microwace steamed dumplings rule. Our church was out of them for months but now has them again. 2 minutes in the microwave and 1 minute resting. I serve with veggies and rice for as easy dinner.

I bought the Bibigo bibimbap bowls, and they were very good for microwavable food.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Taima posted:

I'm just trying to imagine the empty existence of traveling through multiple states full of delicious local food and believing that your only real options are a hot dog, subway or mcdonalds.

There's a whole lot of the US where there is no delicious food to be had, unless you're cooking it yourself.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

The Al Pastor salad has been in Orange County forever. Never noticed if it was soy. Will have a closer look.

It's not at the one in Tustin

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

I'm another crazy person whose Costco trips are almost always under $100. I go in once a week, buy a rotisserie chicken, a package of some kind of berries, and usually a household necessity like toilet paper. Then I get my kid a dog on the way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Trastion posted:

You can use your Costco Rotisserie Chicken carcasses in your Instant Pot to make the best homemade Chicken Stock. Freeze it into large ice cube trays and then dump in a gallon freezer bag and you have on-demand chicken stock with no preservatives whenever you need it.

Literally just finished doing this an hour ago. And while I was jarring my stock, I put that $1.99/lb Costco pork loin in the Instant Pot to make some shredded pork for dinner. Costco has blessed me today.

I buy one of their rotisserie chickens once every week, and I almost always make stock with the carcass afterwards. I end up with so much stock that I can't even store it all and I end up giving it away to friends, or sometimes even throwing it out. Clearly I need a Costco freezer, but I am a poor renter, and I don't want to have to move the thing every other year.